Our partner

Losing/Lost ability to love *Trigger

Open Discussions About Sexual Abuse and Incest.

Moderators: Terry E., Snaga

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum. If you are posting about actions of yours which you feel are/were abusive please post about this in The Remorse Forum. If you have been falsely accused of abusing someone please post in the For Those Falsely Accused of Abusing thread.

Please also note that discussions about Incest in this forum are only in relation to abuse. Discussions about Incest in a non-abusive context are not allowed at PsychForums.

Thank you for your cooperation.

The Mod Team

Losing/Lost ability to love *Trigger

Postby lunabluex3 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:03 pm

First, I want to apologize to everyone on this site. I responded to two postings trying to be supportive and encouraging- but I am a HYPOCRITE. I am no-one to try and offer hope to others.

I have almost completely lost my ability to love. This has been creeping up on me. I am lucky to have a few friends in this world who care about me, and when they tell me they love me, I respond in kind. It is just a LIE. I just don't feel it anymore. I tell the woman I am trying to date that I love her, but I don't have those feelings inside. (P.S. She is WONDERFUL.)
Now I am starting to lose feelings of love for my two cats. (I still take care of them.)
This is frightening.

The only thing keeping me going right now is thinking about my next dose of Klonapin, and burning myself over and over.

41 going on 12.
lunabluex3
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:51 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Losing/Lost ability to love *Trigger

Postby seabreezeblue » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:38 pm

please don't apologise until you realise what exactly it is that you're apologising for..

you went and offered advice to people when it drained you of your last reserves for yourself.. that's the most unselfish thing i've ever heard.. pretty equivalent to a starving person offering their last slice of bread to someone else who looked hungry.

xx

I think that you should go and have a chat with your doctor and let him/her know exactly what you've said here.. the flat emotional affect (anhedonia) that you describe can be caused by a great many things, including meds/depression/trauma etc etc..
I can't say how long yours will last but i can tell you that many people who have it, do get their emotions back so please don't worry that this is going to be like this forever. In cases where this is caused by trauma.. the emotion system just closes down for a while to protect you.

The best thing to do though is talk to your doc and see what they can do for you.

please don't burn yourself.. please try something else.. something that won't harm you xx

we have a good self injury forum around if you'd like to go and introduce yourself over there.. they'll be happy to have you and there are some really helpful threads on alternatives to self harming.

cutting-self-injury/
Shine me a light up
and i'll run round the moon..
seabreezeblue
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:51 am
Blog: View Blog (26)

Return to Sexual Abuse and Incest Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views