Our partner

Gyno exam

Open Discussions About Sexual Abuse and Incest.

Moderators: Terry E., Snaga

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum. If you are posting about actions of yours which you feel are/were abusive please post about this in The Remorse Forum. If you have been falsely accused of abusing someone please post in the For Those Falsely Accused of Abusing thread.

Please also note that discussions about Incest in this forum are only in relation to abuse. Discussions about Incest in a non-abusive context are not allowed at PsychForums.

Thank you for your cooperation.

The Mod Team

Gyno exam

Postby Button035 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:05 pm

What do u girls typically do for them...for those of you who were nervous? Has there ever been an incicdent where inserting the speculum wasn't possible?
I have one and I'm really nervous and really don't want to go.
Button035
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:55 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Gyno exam

Postby seabreezeblue » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:46 pm

I've always been really nervous going for gyno exams but i try to tell myself that it will only be ten minutes and i can leave..

I've never had an incident where they couldn't examine me/insert the speculum due to me tensing but i have had an incident where i couldn't go through with it and went outside for five minutes.. i then went back in and the nurse was fine with it, really patient.

I think that as long as you are comfy with your nurse/gynae doctor, then try not to worry too much.. they'll have had very very nervous patients many times before..

If they can't insert the speculum straight away then there are other possibilities to consider.. one would be to have a light sedative prescribed to have just before the examination..
another possibility would be to have the examination done at a different medical centre to your usual one..

Have you got someone who can go with you to the medical centre and either stay with you during the exam or wait outside in a waiting room..? I don't do company for this stuff but many people prefer it xx
Shine me a light up
and i'll run round the moon..
seabreezeblue
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:55 am
Blog: View Blog (26)

Re: Gyno exam

Postby CrackedGirl » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:05 pm

Safe hugs

I know this is scary.

I have been very scared to have these exams and procedures done and my GP has been very patient with me and also used a small speculum. She talks through what she is doing too which helps. It is still unpleasant but I am able to get through it and you will be able to as well. If you can what I do is try to focus on something else- eg a song I like and go through the lyrics in my head. I find this helps.

You will be OK and it will soon be over and you will have got through it.

Hugs

Cracked
So long and thanks for all the fish

Now we are out of the sea and we're keeping away from the sharks

We don't delete posts on demand

The Rules

When all else fails, hug the CAT

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:55 am