Our partner

Magical Thinking

Schizotypal Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: Magical Thinking

Postby anagram » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:18 pm

CloudShark wrote:I do worry about having a PD though. Not StPD. My main issue is with being a recluse and very socially anxious. That causes real difficulties.

by definition, it doesn't make sense to worry about having a pd (unless you didn't mean it so literally). if you do worry about having a pd, then your actual problem with that is an anxiety disorder (which is clearly the actual problem of a large portion of people who post in these forums trying to figure out what pd they have, or convinced that they do have xyzpd)

because it's simply not something to worry about. if you have a pd, then knowing about it just makes it easier for you to work around your issues related to it. it's not a sentence of anything, because it's not an actual disease. pd's aren't even an explanation. they're only a description, like oneringer said
anagram
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby 1PolarBear » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:24 pm

CloudShark wrote:I've been seeing my community mental health team since the manic episode and did ask about personality disorders. My nurse said he'd only met one person who had StPD and even then they couldn't really decide.

Masters of disguise don't get caught. 8)
One of them could be the chair you stand on, you never know, do not assume anything. :)
But yes, I would not enter such a group, and if I did, it would not last very long. There is no point in sharing with aliens, they might try to mind probe you, or make medical experiments on you. Way safer to let them abuse each others without any intervention.
1PolarBear
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:12 am

Postby CloudShark » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:37 pm

anagram wrote:by definition, it doesn't make sense to worry about having a pd (unless you didn't mean it so literally). if you do worry about having a pd, then your actual problem with that is an anxiety disorder (which is clearly the actual problem of a large portion of people who post in these forums trying to figure out what pd they have, or convinced that they do have xyzpd)

Sorry, I know people get weary of people on here who worry they have a PD. I do have an anxiety disorder, OCD. So, that could well be the case. :oops: I really don't mean to offend anyone though.

anagram wrote:because it's simply not something to worry about. if you have a pd, then knowing about it just makes it easier for you to work around your issues related to it. it's not a sentence of anything, because it's not an actual disease. pd's aren't even an explanation. they're only a description, like oneringer said

I only found out about PDs recently and maybe this has sparked the anxiety. I feel a bit foolish now!

[OneRinger]Masters of disguise don't get caught. 8)
One of them could be the chair you stand on, you never know, do not assume anything. :)
But yes, I would not enter such a group, and if I did, it would not last very long. There is no point in sharing with aliens, they might try to mind probe you, or make medical experiments on you. Way safer to let them abuse each others without any intervention.[/quote]

Aliens! :shock: Are you talking about the mental health profession or something else? By mind probing and medical experiments do you mean suggesting all kinds of drugs with nasty side effects. If yes, that is a problem and you're wise to avoid that. However, I think meds saved my life and that's not melodrama.
"Away"
CloudShark
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby anagram » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:42 pm

CloudShark wrote:Sorry, I know people get weary of people on here who worry they have a PD. I do have an anxiety disorder, OCD. So, that could well be the case. :oops: I really don't mean to offend anyone though.

don't worry. it's just that there's no subtle way to say this without naturally calling for "what ifs", which only compound the preoccupation
anagram
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby CloudShark » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:54 pm

anagram wrote:
CloudShark wrote:Sorry, I know people get weary of people on here who worry they have a PD. I do have an anxiety disorder, OCD. So, that could well be the case. :oops: I really don't mean to offend anyone though.

don't worry. it's just that there's no subtle way to say this without naturally calling for "what ifs", which only compound the preoccupation

Honestly, thanks for the insight. I do enjoy reading the posts here though. The diversity of people's experiences is good to know. If I ever meet someone with StPD or any other PD I can have some understanding of what they are experiencing at least. I hope you don't think I'm a non crashing your forum. You talk about some interesting topics here. Feel free to tell me to sod off though. :wink:
"Away"
CloudShark
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby 1PolarBear » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:55 pm

CloudShark wrote:Aliens! :shock: Are you talking about the mental health profession or something else?

Everybody that I don't know, which is pretty much everybody with two legs, most of them pink-looking.
Of course, if you don't see people, most aliens you will meet will be aliens in lab coats, with no emotions, so the grays. Grays do medical experiments, yes. Sometimes they take you out and bring them into their spaceships, which is where the real abuse happens, but most of them are only scouts who spy on people, and try to mind read.

CloudShark wrote:By mind probing and medical experiments do you mean suggesting all kinds of drugs with nasty side effects. If yes, that is a problem and you're wise to avoid that. However, I think meds saved my life and that's not melodrama.

Mind probing is asking questions and diagnosing and judging. Medical experiments, yes, is usually drugs, but can be anal probes as well, and plenty of things. They want to know everything about schizotypals, because they are grey, and they want to learn the magical secrets of creation, such as emotions, words, and how they interrelate.

Sure, meds are good for some people, there is no doubt about that. Not good for me though, I can manage without, I just take the blue pill and voila, I am part of the matrix. It is not like if I wanted to change the matrix, then I would need the red pill. I am not the One. Or am I? :/

You might want to look at OCPD, maybe it would fit. They also are recluse sometimes, can have anxieties relating to rituals, etc.
1PolarBear
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby anagram » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:56 pm

CloudShark wrote:I hope you don't think I'm a non crashing your forum.

as far as i'm concerned, all the better if you are :)
anagram
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby CloudShark » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:18 pm

OneRinger, funny you should mention anal probes, because all my prescriptions have explicitly stated 'to be taken orally'. So, it would seem that some people have become confused as to where to put there medication and I don't think it was just to smuggle it through customs.

Fortunately, I've never had the probe experience!

OCDP? I was told that I'm just one of those 'lucky' people who enjoys my own company, which is true to a large extent. However, I don't think they appreciate the fact that it impedes a lot of stuff and makes it difficult to get on with life. Not that it's something I would really want to admit to. Maybe it is OCPD, maybe it isn't.

anagram, thanks. :D
"Away"
CloudShark
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby 1PolarBear » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:29 pm

CloudShark wrote:OneRinger, funny you should mention anal probes, because all my prescriptions have explicitly stated 'to be taken orally'. So, it would seem that some people have become confused as to where to put there medication and I don't think it was just to smuggle it through customs.

It can get confusing. Some anal probes looks just like pills.

CloudShark wrote:Fortunately, I've never had the probe experience!

Me neither, I am a master of disguise. 8)
1PolarBear
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby justagirl00 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:21 am

@CloudShark I have a feeling that if there were only diagnosed Schizotypals in this forum, there would only be 2 or 3 people here. I suspect most of us are here just because we relate or maybe we have some undiagnosed traits.

I haven't been diagnosed with a PD either, but I have c-PTSD which I think can mimic several PDs.

I guess we're muggles, CloudShark, but I'm glad they seem to be tolerating us. :)
justagirl00
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:12 am

PreviousNext

Return to Schizotypal Personality Disorder

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post