Our partner

Tactile Hallucinations

Schizophrenia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

Re: Tactile Hallucinations

Postby gsegura » Wed May 13, 2015 8:10 pm

Hello everybody. I entered this forum out of serious desperation because I have severe tactile hallucinations. I have sensations of many hands touching my body, they rub my breasts, my body and at a time I had a hand going inside my eye preventing me from seeing. I'm schizoaffective for the past 20 years and this has never happened before. I started like this 5 months ago when I quitted seroquel by mistake cold turkey. Since then, I have gone to the hospital 3 times and tried many different antipsychotics without any success.The doctors don't have answers for me. Two weeks ago, I started ECT treatment and I have already done 11 sessions and I'm still the same. I really need to find somebody that has overcome this hallucinations and see how they did recover. I'm in a lot of pain, please respond to me and tell me what you did to get well.
gsegura
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:03 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Johnny5 » Fri May 15, 2015 12:17 pm

gsegura wrote:Hello everybody. I entered this forum out of serious desperation because I have severe tactile hallucinations. I have sensations of many hands touching my body, they rub my breasts, my body and at a time I had a hand going inside my eye preventing me from seeing. I'm schizoaffective for the past 20 years and this has never happened before. I started like this 5 months ago when I quitted seroquel by mistake cold turkey. Since then, I have gone to the hospital 3 times and tried many different antipsychotics without any success.The doctors don't have answers for me. Two weeks ago, I started ECT treatment and I have already done 11 sessions and I'm still the same. I really need to find somebody that has overcome this hallucinations and see how they did recover. I'm in a lot of pain, please respond to me and tell me what you did to get well.

I see a doc that specializes in schizophrenia and works on a schizoprenia ward in the hospital. She says Clozapine is the MOST effective drug for sz. The only problem is that an effective dose can make you really tired for most of the day. I had trouble staying awake at work. So I stopped that medication even though it made my voices go away for the most part and took away many hallucinations, paranoia, and dillusions. Now I take Zyprexa which is the second most effective drug according to my doc. The only downfall is that zyprexa makes you gain weight so you have to exercise to keep it off. I just started the zyprexa though. I'm on 10 mg right now, a starter dose. I'll let you know if it helps me as my dose gets increased over the next few weeks.
Johnny5
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:03 am

Postby BonSquad » Fri May 29, 2015 2:31 am

In the past two weeks I have had recurring sensations as if the back of my head is wet / bleeding and a warm pressure on my shoulders, like someone putting their hands on my shoulders from behind. It only happens two or three times a day but I've never experienced tactile hallucinations before. I take Seroquel 100mg at night and 25mg 'boosters' during the day if my anxiety or hallucinations get too intense, but these are unaffected, maybe even worsened by the meds. Anyone have any coping tips? I *know* the sensations are not real but it frightens and angers me.
BonSquad
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:03 am

Postby Symbol of Life » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:58 pm

Someone here mentioned a sexual hallucination, I experience the same thing but it's not violent, I feel a kind of external force that has sex with me and it happens not very often. What I experience more often is a force that grabs my arms and throws me to the floor, it feels very real although I don't see anybody it's just an external force but it's pretty annoying. I'm on 25 mg of aripiprazole and 1.5 mg of risperidone and these tactile hallucinations have decreased, but still they're scary as hell.

-- Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:58 am --

Someone here mentioned a sexual hallucination, I experience the same thing but it's not violent, I feel a kind of external force that has sex with me and it happens not very often. What I experience more often is a force that grabs my arms and throws me to the floor, it feels very real although I don't see anybody it's just an external force but it's pretty annoying. I'm on 25 mg of aripiprazole and 1.5 mg of risperidone and these tactile hallucinations have decreased, but still they're scary as hell.
Prev. dx Schizoaffective disorder, BPD, Bipolar 2 Current dx Back to bipolar with psychosis, Cluster B personality disorder
Aripiprazole 20 mg, Risperidone 3mg, Wellbutrin XL 175 mg, Clonazepam 0,25 mg prn, lamotrigine 200 mg, pregabalin 75 mg, quetiapine 50 mg as a spleep aid
Symbol of Life
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:03 am

Postby Supersaneman » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:56 pm

I've felt as if my tongue was attached to a leash and dragged around. Also my feet needle tortured. Both accompagnied by voices/thoughts and were supposed to be sex-play with one of several extra terrestrial beings. (Reptilian, demonic, angelic) I went through a seremony where I married one of each type. It involved tactile hallusinations that my throat was speaking under the control of Gabriel. He handled the PR by taking over my voice. In my delusion demons and angels were inhabitants of the same alien planet. I'm an atheist and don't believe in ETs.
Clozapine 700mg (max 800) and Aripiprazole 20mg (max 30)
Supersaneman
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:03 pm

Postby tickle » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:14 pm

My tactile hallucination was a tickle type feeling. Like the bottom of your feet were being tickled, but it was going on inside my head. The stronger the sensation, the worse my depression was. My first psychiatrist properly diagnosed me with as schizo affective. Upon taking anti-psychotic med, the sensation stopped and I no longer experienced suicidal depression. This was in 1987. I have seen about 7 or 8 psychiatrist over the years, and when I describe my sensation, they say it doesn't mean anything to them. It seems many psychiatrist's do not know about tactile hallucinations. I take 5mg of Haldol. I've had one psychiatrist say I shouldn't even be taking anti-psychotic med. How wrong he is!! I only saw him one time, obviously.
tickle
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:03 am

Previous

Return to Schizophrenia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post