Our partner

Sarcosine.....a new direction for schizophrenia

Schizophrenia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Jasper

Sarcosine.....a new direction for schizophrenia

Postby sesshomaru-sama » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:07 am

There have been many clinical trials lately of the chemical sarcosine for the treatment of negative symptoms in schizophrenia. It seems to stimulate ndma recptors in the brain and has show promising results in the studys. Has anyone had any experience with this new drug or provigil to help with cognitive dificulties? This is the most troubling aspect of this soul crushing disease to me as i used to be a bright kid and now i might as well have a lobotomy since my brains so useless now. Any experience is greatly apreciated.
sesshomaru-sama
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby sum1 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:48 am

NDMA-receptors - stimulate or antagonise? That's the question.

Normal stimulation is essential for learning (and probably other
processes), but excessive stimulation is produces seizures and
neurotoxicity (excitotoxicity), which is the theoretical basis for the
MSG (monosodium glutamate) controversy, and some of the
aspartame debate.

Potent NMDA-antagonists (PCP, ketamine) have been associated
with symptoms resembling schizophrenia, and with neurotoxicity,
but ketamine has also been shown to have exceptionally potent
antidepressive effects.

Weaker NMDA-antagonists (memantine, amantadine) have not
been associated with neurotoxicity - on the contrary there is some
evidence that they may have neuroprotective properties.
Amantadine has anti-parkinsonian effects, and may boost the
effects of antidepressants - probably the same applies to
memantine. Amantadine has also been used to reduce the side
effects of anti-psychotics.

My personal experience with memantine is brief. After some initial
adverse effects, I found some temporary relief of anhedonia. I'm
interested in trying it again some time.

I have more experience with amantadine, but I noticed no effects
worth mentioning, even after combinations with various other
substances.
sum1
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:13 am

Postby interrupted kid » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:46 pm

I might give it a try.
Last edited by interrupted kid on Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
interrupted kid
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:13 am

Postby Oblomov » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:29 pm

Would you happen to know if you could get it anywhere, and if so, where? I can't seem to find it anywhere on the net.
Oblomov
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:13 am

Postby sesshomaru-sama » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:32 am

sarcosine is supposed to stimulate ndma receptors. i have'nt found any suppliers besides overseas chemical distributors which i wouldnt recomend. you might end up crazier with that stuff in your body. anybody try provigil? im seeing my pdoc on friday and wanted to give it a shot for memory and concentration. apparently monkeys like it as much as cocaine so it must be fun without the worsening of symptoms like with most stimulants that realease dopamine. thank god for this message board. this has been the only place where ive actually found a community for people living with this disease as opposed to boards for "care takers" of us. its a relief to know im not the only one who can semi-function in society.
sesshomaru-sama
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:13 pm

Re: Sarcosine.....a new direction for schizophrenia

Postby Razael » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:35 am

This post is old, I'm ordering some sarcosine from "Smart Powders" or some people get it from "Testforce2" which is a bit expensive for me..... Its supposed to be really good, schizophrenia forums has a lot of people using it and able to lower their antipsychotics, not sure if many psychiatrists are familiar with it, tried to bring it up with a nurse but he mocked me and claimed there are no alternatives and like making a cup of tea and claiming it will work on psychosis, pretty typical ignorance of the health industry...why not all the industry know about such a fantastic way to help people with treatment resistant schizophrenia, something wrong with the industry but I already knew that.
100mg Halo fortnight
They've no insight on iatrogenic illness & PTSD of hospitalisation torture with NDE, amnesiac to an attemted murder +covered up road accident.betrays justice,Sleep deprivation. HIgher dimensional development of perceptions of astral projection to higher lifeforms in the cosmos.Esoteric journey
Razael
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby Razael » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:10 am

It will be interesting when it comes out as a monotherapy

pharma is only interested in patenting compounds so they are developing drugs that will appeal to psychiatrists before sarcosine will that does exactly the same thing.

can't wait to try it, supposed to e good for cognitive, negative symptoms [if there is any at least apparently it will help with the neuroleptic induced symptoms, side effects that are considered typical schizophrenia symptoms]....

It helps with treatment resistant people mostly for positive and negative symptoms
Last edited by Razael on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
100mg Halo fortnight
They've no insight on iatrogenic illness & PTSD of hospitalisation torture with NDE, amnesiac to an attemted murder +covered up road accident.betrays justice,Sleep deprivation. HIgher dimensional development of perceptions of astral projection to higher lifeforms in the cosmos.Esoteric journey
Razael
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Razael » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:05 am

goes to show that psychiatrists and nurses only know as much as what is shoved in their faces by drug industries and prominent leaders are doing the drug industries dirty work
100mg Halo fortnight
Razael
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Schizophrenia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post