Our partner

Newly diagnosed with Schizophrenia

Schizophrenia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

Newly diagnosed with Schizophrenia

Postby wildcard96 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:19 am

Hello, I have asked help from other sections in this forum before.
But now last week I have been speaking to several professionals and experts. They have diagnosed me with Schizophrenia and possibly a form of borderline syndrome. The main problem is the Schizophrenia. It wasn't pleasant for me to be told that information, and I was happier without knowing something is wrong with me. Do you guys have any tips or advice on how to cope with Schizophrenia in daily life?
Thanks
wildcard96
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:35 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply - Newly diagnosed with Schizophrenia

Postby azuur » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:49 am

Hi,
Well, I am thinking it near certain
it is different for, possibly, everyone...

but, there could here be benefit in sharing what I try learn works with nights and days I have as my own...

I want you to know, almost assuredly, that there is comfort - and I hope you soon find it - in having a name to put with, and words too, that describe what you feel/hear/know..try not tire, time does work.
Firstly, it helps to know the long, hushly spoke about, word - really only means "Split" "Mind" - you may or may not know. This was huge for me - it is not a word that means any negative but that the mind is seemingly split - and there is this living-existence in a "split" fashion.

It helped me, because I've felt something was "in me" and it was growing and it was growing - instead of feeling and wondering, why things are so difficult for me, why I feel so distant and the "reality" looks so "blurred" - I now have a name for it and very descriptive words that allow me a better into this head of a world that I know, also help in that it allows me more words to communicate with others.

Ah, communicating with others...
I have had my condition very little understood, people who say they will help and be loyal to a cause - it is a finding to see that it isn't quite fair ( or realistic, ironically enough) to expect people to know how to console, direct, help - I dearly hope you have a far better experience in this than I. But, in any case, it can be a task for certain, but try not to take it hard with people.

Honestly...
I think the "Schizophrenia" is to help - for one reason or another, I believe it is more that pieces of information have been unlocked to you, to us - that are not typically unlocked. And now the puzzle...the puzzle is, to figure out how to work with it.
Really pay attention, try to work with what you see and hear and think. Write it out, find some way to try to get it from your head to more tangible - there's draw, paint, go for walks, or whatever you think might work and then whenever you see/hear/feel a thing "pan out" before you think deeply as to what you think it means - where it comes from, why, what it's telling you directly and indirectly.

But whatever it is experienced yourself, these may not apply -

if paranoia - I have to tell me, out loud, "it won't hurt you." ...even though I really do think it will, it helps to calm me. I dress in a manner that allows better protection to my ears, eyes, skin - often, ear plugs help (in many occasions).

Routine - yes, that too. Try to put things you enjoy, or help in your day - set times for it,
have an order.

Ah,
that might be all.
azuur
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:35 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Schizophrenia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views