Our partner

Can This Actually Be Demonic Possession?

Schizophrenia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

Re: Can This Actually Be Demonic Possession?

Postby Bastet777 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:20 am

keyed wrote:I know a lot of people w schizophrenia will talk about ghosts, being possessed by spirits etc. and I don't know why this is so common. Probably the blurred boundaries and the psychic openness /sensitivity in schizophrenic people, you believe you are sensing other worlds and other realities, other times etc and who knows how open you are (metaphysically speaking, although science and psychiatry will argue about this). I had some pretty strange thoughts when I was in the throws of my illness. I get some crap about this but I am a creative person, and I have always found imaginary worlds a lot more entertaining than real ones. Hitting reality as Earth sees it is so depressing. There is nothing magical about the real world, it's soooooo boring. I think this is why people take drugs all day, because it's more entertaining to have a reptile putting things about the Government (throwing off the CIA and MI5, whispering instead of talking, pointing to things, talking in code) in your head while you're ordering a coffee than having boring conversations w every day people.

I do not fully agree with this statement above. The world is far too complex for us mere mortals to know what the heck is really going on. And it would be hubris to think otherwise. I believe in both psychological and paranormal realities. You can be mentally ill and think you are possessed by demons (and not be ) and yet there may actually be such things as demons in this vast Universe. We simple cannot know. We are learning all the time and psychology is just in it's infancy.
Major Depression
DIDNOS
PTSD
Bastet777
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:25 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby smithywise » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:29 am

Kitten wrote:I'm new here, and I was wondering if anyone ever thought schizophrenia might just be demonic possession. I hear voices in my head when i'm trying to sleep at night and all day long aswell. If there's music playing or if any sound is blocking out the voices I can still hear them coming from the music and other sounds. This drives me insane...These voices talk to me all day non stop, specially this one female voice who never shuts up.
There's 3 main voices that talk persistently and they call themselves reptilians, they say they're demons sent to destroy my life and soul, apparntly they want me dead.

That sounds really awful.

These reptilians could actually be them 'serpents' fom the bible i've read about, sounds nuts but you never know. I looked these reptilians up on the net and almost health question myself when I found a load of websites related to them.

Well, maybe other people have also had hallucinations, and psychosis.

If this sounds to crazy, go look them up on the net...Supposedly their aliens.

Yeah, I know. If you wanted to find whale tutus on the internet, you could find that too.

I feel nuts typing about this crazyness but it's I just wanted to know if anyone else can actually converse with the voices they hear. Like...You ever get fed up and tell 'em to shut the f*k up? That's when they started talking back to me. *sigh*

Saying, 'be quiet' may make you feel better for a little while, and many people do talk back to their symptoms, and many doctors even advise that. But the only real sure way to get rid of them is medication.

anyways...I'm convinced i'm possessed by these "demons" and they're here to drive me insane till I hurt myself or commit suicide.

I don't think you have demons. People used to think that demons got into people by the person being weak, or bad. I don't think you are a weak or bad person.

That's the thing about an illness, that can cause these symptoms.

Those illnesses can happen to anyone. Rich, poor, tall, short, smart, not so smart. Those illnesses happen to perfectly nice people who never did a wrong or mean thing in their life.

That Bible has a lot in it, about why people suffer.

My feeling on it is that God gave us the ability to understand these illnesses, and to help our friends to recover, and get on with their lives.

Heh, if i'm not crazy and they're actually reptoids, then them things are real and let me tell you, they are ugly as hell!

One of the things about psychotic symptoms - which you can get with schizophrenia, with bipolar, but also, 'just' depression, is that the hallucinations you get, rarely are of My Little Ponies and Sparkle Fairy.

I wish it were not so, but...yeah.

In fact, a doctor told me, if a person's hallucinations DID look like My Little Ponies and Sparkle Fairy, that was actually worse. Yup.

You can find some pics on the net, if anyone is familiar with david icke you know exactly what i'm talking about. He's a researcher and knows more about these reps than anyone else. You can check out watcherfiles.Com, this has the most info on them imo.

You can also go on websites called 'David Ickle's Lies Exposed'.

That is also true. Some people are really loudly accusing him of being a fake. And a not very nice person - taking advantage of people who trust him. That's what people like him do- scare people so they'll give him money.

Even new agey groups that believe in angles and monsters and demons and everything else, are really saying that he is a fake, and taking advantage of people instead of helping them.

You can go to A LOT of websites, that say that David Ickles is a con artist who just wants to get attention and money out of people.

Sorry, but true. Yes.

Sorry if I weirded anyone out, I must sound completly nuts here but I bet there's others out there that believe in possession aswell but don't wanna post about it and sound like a commited nutcase.
If anyone is familiar with this kinda thing plz respond...

I don't believe you are possessed. I believe that you are a person who has an illness, and that it can be treated, and you can feel better, and get on with your life. [i]

My suggestion is to make an appointment with a psychiatrist and tell him or her, what's going on - all of it. All the best wishes to you. I believe that if you can get onto treatment for these icky-asauruses, they'll go away.
smithywise
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby electricbipolar » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:40 pm

I, too, thought I was possessed by a demon during a manic episode. But then we found the right medication and all those thoughts went away. I've been a Christian since I was 9. And I do believe that people can truly be possessed. But my advice to you is to try the medication. Most likely it's just a delusion. And if it is, all that thinking about being possessed should just go away. Give the meds some time to work. Good luck to you.
"What people are ashamed of usually makes a good story." -F. Scott Fitzgerald

BP1, ADD, GAD
Geodon--100 mgs
Strattera--80 mgs
Cogentin--1mg
Valium--10 mgs
Xanax--1 mg
Ambien--10 mgs
Wellbutrin--300 mgs
Pristiq--50 mgs
Lamictal--100 mgs
electricbipolar
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby FANTABULOUS » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:10 am

For starters, people have to take that next step and go beyond those child like descriptions and titles such as "Demons", and being "Possessed".

In other words, you have to look at things in a technical manner.

The world is currently full of people who insist upon remaining within fields of incompleteness.

Science is currently incomplete when it comes to explaining the "Everything", thus there is still room for "Religion". Religion is currently incomplete when it comes to explaining the "Everything", thus there is still room for "Science". People choose one or the other, or perhaps a mix of the two, but they never combine the two to see the total that exceeds the sum of the parts.

There are two sides to reality, the inside and the outside. The inside is seen by the physicists as the here and now. The outside is seen by the religious folk as the spirit world. The two are kept separate in the minds of man. The outside is different from the inside, thus the laws of physics on the outside are different than the laws of physics on the inside. Today's physicists only include the laws of physics located on the inside, thus whenever an event is governed from the outside, they are totally mystified since it defies the laws of physics as seen by them. They then proceed to simply call it the mysteriousness of Quantum mechanics.

Whenever someones mind is being toyed with from the outer side, in this case it becomes defined as being nothing but that which is seen by a delusional mind.

To maintain this crazy ongoing blindness, it is said that you are sane if you speak to God, but if you say that God has spoken to you, then you now become classified as insane. Thus, in today's world, truth is only accepted as being unidirectional. As far as the world is concerned in such matters, bidirectional truth is NOT to be accepted.

And so when it comes to looking at the big picture, and thus see the actual truth, this is currently NOT being allowed.

Thus those who have surpassed the limits of today's Religion and Science are those whom are being completely ignored, and that is why you too have heard nothing of them.
- Plato

Strange times are these in which we live, when old and young are taught in falsehoods schools. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool.
FANTABULOUS
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby smithywise » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:14 pm

Actually it is very clear when a person is having a religious experience vs a mental illness.

This has even been measured in research.

The person having the religious experience has normal brain signaling, the person with the mental illness does not have normal brain signaling.

And both science and even the most illiterate villager find the same thing.

Even the most uneducated villager in the third world can tell the difference. I've been to those places, and even an illiterate villager will identify the mentally ill person from the one with the religious experience, without fail.

If you tilt at a windmill, first make sure the windmill is there. In this case, it is not.

:D
smithywise
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby slorigan » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:57 pm

smithywise wrote:Actually it is very clear when a person is having a religious experience vs a mental illness.

This has even been measured in research.

The person having the religious experience has normal brain signaling, the person with the mental illness does not have normal brain signaling.

And both science and even the most illiterate villager find the same thing.

Even the most uneducated villager in the third world can tell the difference. I've been to those places, and even an illiterate villager will identify the mentally ill person from the one with the religious experience, without fail.

If you tilt at a windmill, first make sure the windmill is there. In this case, it is not.

:D

I think this is a brilliant insight!
slorigan
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby slorigan » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:15 pm

smithywise wrote:
Kitten wrote:I'm new here, and I was wondering if anyone ever thought schizophrenia might just be demonic possession. I hear voices in my head when i'm trying to sleep at night and all day long aswell. If there's music playing or if any sound is blocking out the voices I can still hear them coming from the music and other sounds. This drives me insane...These voices talk to me all day non stop, specially this one female voice who never shuts up.
There's 3 main voices that talk persistently and they call themselves reptilians, they say they're demons sent to destroy my life and soul, apparntly they want me dead.

That sounds really awful.

These reptilians could actually be them 'serpents' fom the bible i've read about, sounds nuts but you never know. I looked these reptilians up on the net and almost health question myself when I found a load of websites related to them.

Well, maybe other people have also had hallucinations, and psychosis.

If this sounds to crazy, go look them up on the net...Supposedly their aliens.

Yeah, I know. If you wanted to find whale tutus on the internet, you could find that too.

I feel nuts typing about this crazyness but it's I just wanted to know if anyone else can actually converse with the voices they hear. Like...You ever get fed up and tell 'em to shut the f*k up? That's when they started talking back to me. *sigh*

Saying, 'be quiet' may make you feel better for a little while, and many people do talk back to their symptoms, and many doctors even advise that. But the only real sure way to get rid of them is medication.

anyways...I'm convinced i'm possessed by these "demons" and they're here to drive me insane till I hurt myself or commit suicide.

I don't think you have demons. People used to think that demons got into people by the person being weak, or bad. I don't think you are a weak or bad person.

That's the thing about an illness, that can cause these symptoms.

Those illnesses can happen to anyone. Rich, poor, tall, short, smart, not so smart. Those illnesses happen to perfectly nice people who never did a wrong or mean thing in their life.

That Bible has a lot in it, about why people suffer.

My feeling on it is that God gave us the ability to understand these illnesses, and to help our friends to recover, and get on with their lives.

Heh, if i'm not crazy and they're actually reptoids, then them things are real and let me tell you, they are ugly as hell!

One of the things about psychotic symptoms - which you can get with schizophrenia, with bipolar, but also, 'just' depression, is that the hallucinations you get, rarely are of My Little Ponies and Sparkle Fairy.

I wish it were not so, but...yeah.

In fact, a doctor told me, if a person's hallucinations DID look like My Little Ponies and Sparkle Fairy, that was actually worse. Yup.

You can find some pics on the net, if anyone is familiar with david icke you know exactly what i'm talking about. He's a researcher and knows more about these reps than anyone else. You can check out watcherfiles.Com, this has the most info on them imo.

You can also go on websites called 'David Ickle's Lies Exposed'.

That is also true. Some people are really loudly accusing him of being a fake. And a not very nice person - taking advantage of people who trust him. That's what people like him do- scare people so they'll give him money.

Even new agey groups that believe in angles and monsters and demons and everything else, are really saying that he is a fake, and taking advantage of people instead of helping them.

You can go to A LOT of websites, that say that David Ickles is a con artist who just wants to get attention and money out of people.

Sorry, but true. Yes.

Sorry if I weirded anyone out, I must sound completly nuts here but I bet there's others out there that believe in possession aswell but don't wanna post about it and sound like a commited nutcase.
If anyone is familiar with this kinda thing plz respond...

I don't believe you are possessed. I believe that you are a person who has an illness, and that it can be treated, and you can feel better, and get on with your life. [i]

My suggestion is to make an appointment with a psychiatrist and tell him or her, what's going on - all of it. All the best wishes to you. I believe that if you can get onto treatment for these icky-asauruses, they'll go away.

Smithy, do you believe in the Biblical God? If you do, then you believe in the accounts of demons in the Bible, right? Then you must believe demons still exist today, right? And if they exist today what would demonic possession, or demonic affliction, look like? I've heard it said that some people who are diagnosed as mentally ill are actually demon possessed, or demonically inflicted in some way. I am in the crowd that believes this to be true from what I've seen in my lifetime.
slorigan
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby Toucan » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:14 pm

I don't think schizophrenia could be demons, since most people respond to meds. The devil should send better demons if they're affected simply by medications.

My hallucinations do feel demonic, though I don't believe they're demons. Usually they're hallucinations of demons possessing other people or items though, not me. I don't hear voices though.
Toucan
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:25 am

Postby smithywise » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:57 am

Toucan wrote:I don't think schizophrenia could be demons, since most people respond to meds. The devil should send better demons if they're affected simply by medications.

My hallucinations do feel demonic, though I don't believe they're demons. Usually they're hallucinations of demons possessing other people or items though, not me. I don't hear voices though.

This is a really brilliant observation. That schizophrenia symptoms respond to meds - a devil would send better demons. Being so powerful and all.

-- Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:01 am --

Smithy, do you believe in the Biblical God? If you do, then you believe in the accounts of demons in the Bible, right? Then you must believe demons still exist today, right? And if they exist today what would demonic possession, or demonic affliction, look like? I've heard it said that some people who are diagnosed as mentally ill are actually demon possessed, or demonically inflicted in some way. I am in the crowd that believes this to be true from what I've seen in my lifetime

I don't think it's your responsibility to tell me what religion I should follow or what I should believe. Please show some respect for people who do not believe the same things you believe.

No, I do not believe anyone who is diagnosed with mental illness is possessed by demons. And if I chose to believe that, that is ok, and it isn't incumbent upon you to try to convince me otherwise - you need to learn to respect other people's beliefs and not jump all over them and try to change their mind or their beliefs.

I've got very good reasons, too, deeply personal reasons - I've seen what happens to friends with schizophrenia dogged by religious fanatics who wanted to use them for their own selfish agenda,

I've seen what believing oneself to be possessed can do to a person - I want no part of it and I will NEVER tell someone with a mental illness that they are possessed.

These are good people who haven't done anything to deserve an illness, ever, in their entire lives. They aren't evil, they aren't weak, they aren't bad people.

Not one of them. Mental illness is no different from any illness in that respect.

If it were otherwise why would we be given the wisdom and knowledge to find treatments? Why then would Nobel prizes be given for research on schizophrenia?

And why then, would the Bible tell us that it is up to us to help those who are less fortunate?

Why else would Jesus sit down and eat with lepers, if we are supposed to sit back and judge those who are ill and pretend we are better than them?

After all declaring that someone is possessed, is all about feeling superior and 'holier than thou', because being possessed is about being inferior to other believers, after all, right? Those who are possessed are not as good as holier than thou thee, right?

And the Bible says, VERY clearly, JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED. And that I believe in.

Illness is just an unfortunate part of life. Illness exists as a question to us - can we show compassion, love and caring for people who are ill, can we put aside our own needs for a moment to offer compassion to someone who needs it, can we use the wisdom we are endowed with to find treatments and make a person's life better. THAT is fundamental to Christianity and I believe that, with all my heart.

And no. I do not see mental illness as a possession, or as a 'punishment' or a 'curse' - I have seen what those beliefs have done to people and the damage that has caused. I won't agree to that. You go ahead and believe whatever you want. But I will NEVER agree that people with mental illness are 'possessed'. That's YOUR belief, not mine.
smithywise
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Re:

Postby slorigan » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:17 am

wonderer wrote:I feel that the above post is closest to the truth in your case. You're feeding your belief by looking them up on the internet - if you do this they are probably more likely to persist. The internet harbours such diverse opinion - people who write about demons may be mentally ill too.

But not necessarily, otherwise you would have to say that all Christians are mentally ill, about 2 billion people, for if they believe in the Bible as a Christian does they believe in demons.

-- Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:19 am --

Isme wrote:Deductive logic is fine... but you'd have a hard time proving beyond doubt that premise A is truth.

And if you can't prove premise A... none of the rest of it can be true either.

Touche'!
slorigan
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

PreviousNext

Return to Schizophrenia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post