Our partner

So, what's the truth about scizophrenia?

Schizophrenia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

So, what's the truth about scizophrenia?

Postby deepndark » Sun May 31, 2015 6:56 pm

The truth about scizophrenia - what is it?
Can people who don't have this disease know betterly than we do?

We can't make the characters of our voices leave us alone it seems.
They treat us like $#%^, without any kind of decent motive.

Anyway - lets come up with a sentence, that all of us will say to the aliens (or whoever they are).
If every scizo says the same thing, maybe we get them stop talking in our heads.

So . . . I suggest that we start saying: " GIVE US BACK OUR FREEDOM THAT WE ONCE HAD "
deepndark
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: So, what's the truth about scizophrenia?

Postby Malasha » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:58 pm

There is theory - the brain is designed for a great job.
But a common man usually has the same route - work - home -work, and few new thoughts and emotions.
So brain starts to look for a job himself.
The path to perfection is a real way out of schizophrenia.
You have to seek knowledge, read books on philosophy, astronomy,
the fact that humanity has accumulated over its history
Malasha
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:06 pm

Postby shock_the_monkey » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:49 pm

i suspect that everyone has irrational thoughts but most dismiss them as unreal. schizophrenics seem unable to make that judgement. it's like they're in a dream (or nightmare) and don't realise it. quite why this is, i'm not at all sure. i like the idea that in some way it's how the mind deals with certain aspects of trauma but i suspect that's too psychologically based. my guess is that schizophrenia is actually more psychiatric than psychological.
something knocked me out' the trees
now i'm on my knees
... don't you know you're gonna shock the monkey

there is one thing you must be sure of
i can't take any more
... don't you know you're gonna shock the monkey

don't like it but i guess i'm learning

... shock the monkey to life
shock_the_monkey
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:06 pm

Postby Malasha » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:27 pm

shock_the_monkey wrote:i suspect that everyone has irrational thoughts but most dismiss them as unreal. schizophrenics seem unable to make that judgement.

It seems that schizophrenics hope on medication too much.
They think that neuroleptics will help them get rid of the bad thoughts and voices.
Actually we have to rely only on themselves, on own mind and will power.
Malasha
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:06 pm

Postby BonSquad » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:42 am

shock_the_monkey wrote: i like the idea that in some way it's how the mind deals with certain aspects of trauma but i suspect that's too psychologically based. my guess is that schizophrenia is actually more psychiatric than psychological.

Studies have shown that people who go through childhood trauma, especially neglect and abuse from a parent figure, are diagnosed with schizophrenia and / or major depressive disorder more often than people who have not gone through the same experiences. This isn't to say "childhood abuse will make someone develop schizoid tendencies" but there is some link.

It's an easy theory, too. Children who go through abuse become hyper-alert and develop ways of removing themselves from the moment. They may internalize the trauma ("I'm a terrible person", "I'm not human") or project it outward ("the world is out to get me", "everyone hates me"). Abusers are not abusive all the time, especially in situations of child abuse, so the child experiences difficulty reconciling their abuser with their parent when the parent is being kind or loving. They may experience the same split in themselves -- a different 'self' for anger, a different 'self' for misbehavior, a different 'self' for sexuality.

This is all conjecture. I'm not a psychologist or a psychiatrist. But I do see how the theory holds water. The truth is, there have been many studies to discover the definitive cause of schizophrenia, and as yet it has not been pinned down. There are common factors -- like abusive childhoods -- but they don't apply to ALL schizophrenics, which complicates matters. There are differences in MRI results between people diagnosed with depression, schizoaffective disorder, and schizophrenia. As for how those differences originate and where they come from -- and whether or not they can be 'repaired' or stopped before they develop -- are still mysteries, as far as I know.
BonSquad
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:06 am

Return to Schizophrenia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post