Our partner

Is this "thought broadcasting"? How do I stop it?

Schizophrenia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

Is this "thought broadcasting"? How do I stop it?

Postby bluesilver » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:52 pm

I'll start this post by saying that I have been diagnosed with schizophrenia, and it follows that ny psychiatrists and psychologists believe that I am "thought broadcasting", after talking about my experiences, which have been perceived as psychosis.

Sometimes, I feel as though that the thoughts that I think in my head, as well as another voice that inputs evil thoughts in my head, are there for everybody to hear. This is fair and I would believe that this is "thought broadcasting", except for the fact that people do respond to my thoughts or the voice's thoughts. They turn towards me after these thoughts and respond. This has led to very frightening experiences for me. In a way, it seems to mimic telepathy.

I have tried to seek confirmation from my friends, family and relatives, but they all deny having heard my thoughts or the voice's thoughts.

Does anybody else have this experience of people responding to the thought broadcasting but deny ever hearing them? How do you manage this?
bluesilver
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:58 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Is this "thought broadcasting"? How do I stop it?

Postby passingthrough » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:19 pm

wow! i thought i was the only one that had ever had this experience. i had it once at a nami meeting when someone read my thoughts and commented about them to the group.

i couldn't believe it was happening and yes it scared the $#%^ out of me.
passingthrough
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:58 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby bluesilver » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:42 pm

It confuses me a lot, because when I ask people who respond to those thoughts, they always say they didn't hear anything.
bluesilver
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:58 am

Postby Imperius » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:29 pm

I used to have thought broadcasting and my believes of people responding to it. I no longer have such delusions ever since I have the right medication. Could it be that you seeing and hearing the people responding to your thoughts are actually your hallucinations and delusions? I used to think people can read my mind or I can read people's mind. It is good that you ask the people to confirm if they heard your thoughts. If everyone you asked denied hearing your thoughts, I believe there is a high chance these are your visual and auditory hallucinations.
Diagnosis: Schizophrenia.
Imperius
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:58 pm

Postby psycho113 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:05 pm

It happens to me too and I don't know if you'll believe me (not that it's not true, but it's different from what most people would believe), but it happens when people read words from micromovements of muscles around your mouth, then they usually feel a need to say them and then they say them. They don't "hear" anything, that's why they say they don't, they're just saying what your brain prepared for them to say. I think they don't even know why they say it. Sometimes they can say things that seem really weird for them to say.

So I think believing it can happen is OK, but if it happens often I believe they may be right about you having psychosis or something, though I'm not trying to diagnose anything.

I think knowing how it happens can help dealing with it.
psycho113
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby dysfunction Al » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:13 pm

Hi im Al and im new here. I haven't had it happen in person like what you are talking about but my disorder has progressed since I stopped self medicating. Currently I believe people can hear my thoughts, sometimes they are so loud that they echo off the walls.I moved in to a neww apartment about a year ago in that time a few neighbors moved out I started thinking that they could hear my thoughts echoing also, im sure ita the psychosis because schizophrenia runs deep in my gene pool so I've been waiting for the symptoms to surface.I actually quit reading books (my favorite relaxation) because I thought I was keeping all my neighbors awake.
dysfunction Al
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:58 pm

Postby birrybob » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:16 am

I had a very similar thing happen when I went through my first experience with psychosis. I suspect that there is some truth to it, but maybe not how you're describing it... instead of hearing your actual thoughts verbatim, people are constantly reacting to body language. This includes the people you're talking to, but also us. (I believe people with special mental abilities are especially sensitive to reading body language.) By projecting your thoughts through your own body's movements, the person you're talking to will subconsciously pick up on queues towards where the conversation is going. As a by-product of what people call our illness, you've probably learned to anticipate what people will say before they say it (by reading their body), and the ideas form as thoughts within your own head!

I hope that was clear enough, it's a difficult thing to convey... but I do believe some form of telepathy is real. By understanding the motivations and symbols which guide an individual, you can estimate or predict where their thoughts and speech are going! It's a bit like a superpower we have that our subconscious picks up all this information and gives us an image of what others are thinking 8)
birrybob
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:58 pm

Postby Risingtideeac » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:57 am

Yes,my thoughts used to be like yours make sure if you are on any medication you keep taking it also i have found many ways that have helped with my old thoughtbroadcasting thoughts. *mod edit* THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THIS TAKES TIME!!! I found after 3 years i have complete.control over my thoughts no matter what happens. Want help please ask :)
Last edited by Remember Ronni on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal information removed
Risingtideeac
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:58 pm

Postby psycho113 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:12 pm

birrybob I used to think that too and reading body language can be a powerful thing, but in my case people were saying things they couldn't have possibly known that way, they were specific things like they "knew" where I went to school some years ago and what mental hospital I have been at.
psycho113
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby birrybob » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:44 am

Far out, I wish I could share your experience psycho113... a lot of things aren't coincidental which people think are, in my opinion.

I would very much like to hear some of your methods/story Risingtideeac! I've figured the key to complete thought control lies somewhere in diligent meditation, and understanding the root of all thoughts, but I'm really interested what your opinion is!
birrybob
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:58 pm

Next

Return to Schizophrenia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post