Our partner

The voices are telling me to do horrible things.

Schizophrenia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

The voices are telling me to do horrible things.

Postby Pepper13 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:19 am

I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia less than two months ago after years of severe paranoia and hallucinations, for years they diagnosed me with so many things that I lost count but it all led to Schizophrenia in the end. I'm really concerned about something, I always heard this voice telling me what to do, at first they were fairly simple taks and this was diagnosed as OCD, in the past few months it got worse though, the voices are telling me to harm certain people. I normally get paranoid about one person at a time, I always think they have plans to hurt me or kill me and I freak out, this time I got paranoid by a group of people that I don't even know, they work in this office close to my house and all I can think is to go there and do something crazy, the voices are telling me it's either me or them, kill or get killed and it has to be tomorrow, I really don't know what to do. I'm taking my meds and following the orders given by my psychiatrist but I seem to be getting worse, I would call her but she's on vacation and I'm too afraid to go to the hospital and end up arrested or something, I have the whole thing planned out inside my head, I've been able to " turn off " the voices for a little bit by taking massive amounts of Ativan, a big no no since I've struggled with benzo addiction in the past, it's the only thing that works for a while though, my brain gets so numb that I pay no attention to what the voices say. I'm really terrified, right now I'm not hallucinating but I really lose control once it starts, I become someone else and I'm afraid of what might happen once what's left of me disappears. What should I do? :(
Pepper13
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: The voices are telling me to do horrible things.

Postby Semi-Interesting » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:25 pm

You sound like you are in a really difficult place, and while doing the best you can do in taking your meds, it sounds like you need a bit more help. If you are unable to get support from your psychiatrist as they are on vacation, it might be worth going down to the hospital and asking for help. It might be that you need your meds readjusting by your psychiatrist, but in the mean time its important that you don't act on the voices and feelings of paranoia, and get some support from the appropriate healthcare professionals.
Semi-Interesting
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby Johnny5 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:43 pm

Definitely check yourself into the hospital if you think you're going to act out on what your voices are telling you to do. You won't get arrested at the hospital but you will get arrested or worse if you act out your voice instructions. The hospital can normally only keep you for 5-7 days because of insurance reasons so don't be afraid of being stuck there. They can monitor you 24/7 and get your meds adjusted where they need to be. Good luck!
Johnny5
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:40 am

Postby Nina11 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:56 pm

how are you now?

I find - if yu want to act out what they say - it means you find they have a better sense of what needs to be done then you
that is untrue tho
you know more of this outside world and what your actions will cause

if you re still in this situation - this helped me (I only had this very brief and short tho)
- rely on something more reliable really
as for instance the law
(you don t argue with them, you just tell yourself, the law will do this or that for instance)
or morals
(for instance - I don t want to take a life as it s not the right thing to do)

but when these don t help DO get yourself checked in-
it s unsafe for not justyou

in my case it all eased up and it justhits me sometomes (it s due part of the fact that I m diagonsed DID so the voices are more complex, and more then voices but it took me a long time to learn about it and find out abou tit)
so no, it s not the same.

I just wanted to share and if its not helpful, do ignore

much strenght and I hoep you re safe

-- Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:58 pm --

and - what helps us when in fear of people - having something that increases a feeling of safety and of being in control-

please take good care-
Nina11
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Schizophrenia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post