Our partner

how many of you feel you have...

Schizophrenia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

how many of you feel you have...

Postby scrubaus » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:11 pm

How many of you feel you have recovered from your psychotic episode and schizophrenia almost completely, basically to 90%+ functioning in life, routine and society with and without symptoms.

I feel as if I'm almost at 95% functioning with symptoms a year and a half after being diagnosed (I got diagnosed in the early stages) so it probably helped with a faster recovery (and not having to work).
With life, society and routine I'd say i'm probably at about 70% compared to what I use to be at before diagnosis, but I don't work anymore so it's pretty hard to get to 100%.

I'm just interested to see how many people here have made a decent recovery and have started to move on with life since diagnosis and basically forgotten they are mentally ill except when some of the symptoms come back and how many have reoccurring episodes or never ending.
scrubaus
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:01 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: how many of you feel you have...

Postby davidivad » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:26 pm

i was diagnosed when i had a psychotic break.
however, i always knew i was different than the others.
since my episode, i have had a continuous fear of personal connection. this is worse than my hallucinations as i can deal with them. they are not real.
I must continuously compare my thoughts with reality as my perception is faulty.
when i forget about it i am soon reminded how easy it is to stray from the pack.

i am glad to hear that you are doing well. there are many people that recover and do well.
keep up the geed work.

if there is one thing i have learned from schizophrenia, it would be the extent at which the world we see around us is all in our heads. 8)
ask the right question and the answer is contained within.
davidivad
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:01 am
Blog: View Blog (15)

Re: how many of you feel you have...

Postby Tyler » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:02 pm

Seeing as how I just got over a long psychotic episode, no, I don't feel as if I'm healed. I started experiencing my hallucinations in my senior year of high school. I experienced "delusions" and paranoia ever since about the age of five. Sometime in May of 2012 I started getting treatment for it. That was when it started to get too bad to handle.

Socially, and occupationally, I'm successful. I mean, I don't go outside the house to do anything other than work, but at work, I'm well liked, and have won an award for how good of a job I do, and was the runner-up for the Associate of the Year award for 2013. I really don't have any that I'd want to hang out with off of the internet though. I mean, I'd hang out with my clinical psychologist, but that would probably be considered bad.
Email me if you want some desserts

Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Forum Rules

Heck ( • ̀ω•́ )
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:01 am
Blog: View Blog (5)

Return to Schizophrenia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post