Our partner

How do you live?

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: WichitaLineman, IceBlock

Re: How do you live?

Postby Twentyseven » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:46 am

I live alone (well, with my dog) in a one room student apartment. My apartment is on the second floor and faces a pine forest, which is good. And it's quiet here (very few parties), for student housing, since the house is situated at the farthest fringe of the student area.

I'm moving through my fifth year at university towards a master of science in engineering. So, student loans are my thing... lovely.

When it comes to the living arrangements, I quite like it. I live alone. I don't have to meet anyone outside of school. I am however starting to really like the idea of moving away from here to some small house by a _real_ forest (The pine forest behind my house is not very big, and far too popular for my liking.).

About earning a living... I'm hardly rich right now (student loans, as I said, and summer jobs), but I don't mind. The closer I get to the end of my education the more sure I get that I will hate every job out there. I'm also stating to worry that I might have a hard time passing any upcoming job interviews. So. Right now things are quite fine. I don't like the look of the future though.
Okay, so, ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, okay?
Twentyseven
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:23 pm
Blog: View Blog (25)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Chan » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:45 pm

Erlkonig wrote:The title says it all. What kind of housing do live in,
An eighth-floor apartment in an eight-story apartment building in one of Buffalo's historic districts within walking distance from downtown (I can walk to my downtown office in less than 30 minutes).

how do you earn a living,
I'm a writer in the field of administrative law.

and what I am most interested in, how do you feel about your current situation?
I don't feel anything about it? It meets my current needs, though a balcony would be nice (so that I can sit on it and smoke my cigars instead of having to actually leave the building).

If you are interested in why I want to know, it is because I do not like my current situation, and I want to examine some alternatives.
A current situation that you haven't shared with us, by the way.
Ellsworth Toohey: Mr. Roark, we're alone here. Why don't you tell me what you think of me in any words you wish.

Howard Roark: But I don't think of you.

From the 1949 movie version of Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead

SPiDers like being alone.

Loners are not lonely people. Lonely people are not loners.
Chan
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:23 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Erlkonig » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:09 pm

I didn't think it was necessary to share. I live in a small room and I'm currently unemployed.
"and dost thou not hear
The words that the Alder King now breathes in mine ear?"
"Be calm, dearest child, thy fancy deceives;
the wind is sighing through withering leaves." - Goethe
Erlkonig
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:23 pm

Postby Nihilistik » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:33 pm

Living off social security here in germany in a cheap 1-room apartment

works for me and noone ever bothers me.

not planning to change anything about my situation either, way too lazy for that.
Nihilistik
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:23 pm

Postby K-Billy » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:47 am

Nihilistik wrote:Living off others here in germany in a cheap 1-room apartment

works for me and noone ever bothers me. nor asks for their money back so ###$ it...
not planning to change anything about my situation either... hell why would I?? :?: ??, way too lazy for that.

^^^Image Image Image(shall just leave it at that... too lazy to produce a proper reply... even the old 'night watchmen' goes to work...)
K-Billy
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:23 pm

Postby KiwiHerb » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:40 am

Live alone in a small apartment owned by my sister. My sister and her family lives upstairs. I'm thinking of moving out soon because they are noisy as ###$. I do live here pretty cheap tho.

When I get some more money, I'm thinking of moving out to a more quiet place, a little further from family. There I shall live in almost total solitude and I shall enjoy every minute of it.

I had a job some years ago, but couldn't stand it, and then I totally lucked out and got myself on a disability thingy. Now I don't really have to do anything for the rest of my life (hopefully), and its only me and my interests (film) I have to worry about.

I'm very happy with my situation, and hope it stays that way for a long time.
KiwiHerb
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:23 pm

Postby K-Billy » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:56 am

K-Billy
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:23 pm

Postby IceBlock » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:38 am

I live in a flat, with my bf. I have a daytime job and can afford everything I need.
If there's trouble...
...all us freaks have is each other.
- Abraham "Abe" Sapien
IceBlock
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:23 pm

Postby Half a Person » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:28 pm

I live in a two-person college dorm-room right now. Two months ago, my roommate dropped out of college, so I've had the room to myself since then. I'm sure you all can imagine how relieving that was. I found it really hard to handle having barely any privacy for a whole month.

For the record, I'm not sure if I'm schizoid, but I seem to have a lot in common with the disorder: the introversion and love for being alone and the limited range of emotion, particularly.
Half a Person
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Chan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:26 pm

Erlkonig wrote:

I didn't think it was necessary to share. I live in a small room and I'm currently unemployed.
Well, since you asked the rest of us, it's only appropriate that you share with us the very information that you seek from us.
Ellsworth Toohey: Mr. Roark, we're alone here. Why don't you tell me what you think of me in any words you wish.

Howard Roark: But I don't think of you.

From the 1949 movie version of Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead

SPiDers like being alone.

Loners are not lonely people. Lonely people are not loners.
Chan
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post