Our partner

I think it's possible.

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: WichitaLineman, IceBlock

Re: I think it's possible.

Postby Polis » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:03 pm

VinTreya wrote:I would doubt there's a single human on the planet that has never in their life experienced dissatisfaction with their situation. On the other side of that, I also doubt that there's a single human alive in past, present, or future that's entirely satisfied with their existence without putting in effort towards it. It's just not the nature of humans. Can you imagine? Having either no dissatisfactory experiences, or being completely satisfied without ever lifting a finger for it?

I'll leave out the ironic part of where that was going...

For me the more effort my life requires the worse it is, so my only goal is to put as little effort as I can, how does this goal help with motivation?

I don't know if my emotions are strong enough to feel this satisfaction, and dissatisfaction. I would like some things to be different so I could a bit more entertained, but I have no realistic way to change it, nor it would be worth the effort anyway. Well at least strategy games aren't doing that badly, crpg got streamlined so much that they are mostly not even worth to play.

I also would like the world to have different rules, could be a computer generated reality. I don't see what is so great about being a bag of water susceptible to headaches, diseases, starvation, cold, and heat with a ton of limitations that I will not bother to list.

The only thing that I was trying to change is my apathy, and to reduce my anhedonia, but drugs prescribed, and not prescribed didn't help so it can't be changed either. There is no therapy for somebody who lacks feelings.
Polis
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:58 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Nachos » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:34 pm

VinTreya wrote:Ultimately, I think change is possible. Absence of motivation, or laziness for lack of a better word, is just the belief that your ability to affect results through your actions is ineffective. Why try if you can't change anything anyway, right? I've come to the conclusion that this is pathetic and obviously a position of powerlessness. Screw being powerless. Who wants that?

To make any change you have to first identify what you are dissatisfied with- what do you want to change? Conversely you may have a need or desire that you wish to fill/achieve. Identifying that is crucial. Second, making an appropriate plan which includes progressive realistic goals which lead incrementally to your desired results are essential. Each step must be do-able and realistic. I find it helpful to write these down on paper. Getting in touch with reality absolutely essential in overcoming laziness. Otherwise, you are just jerking yourself around. Did you overcome your fantasies? Congratulations! You are no longer delusional. This immediately legitimizes you.

Second and a halfly, connecting with people won't kill you.

Thirdly, just f*cking do it.

You clearly dont understand schizoid type of people, so lets follow your thinking path:

1: What am I dissatisfied with - what do I want to change?
I am lonely. I think that if I had a loving relationship with opposite sex, maybe i would be happier.

2: Making a plan.
Okay. I once made one quick "business" plan. Lets say I try to get dates and meet them regulary - if from all the dates I like 10% and lets say that the other party is as selective so she likes me with likelyhood of 10%. So the chance that we hit it off on a date is 0.1*0.1=1%
Then from past experience I need to factor in that in all likelyhood i will mess it up - lets say I try real hard and mess up only 50%.
So now the likelihood is 0,5%

So if I go to 100 dates the chance of finding someone is 39%
If I take at all realistic approach I think I might manage 1 date per month, because to get a date you need to find someone to approach and then also you need to prepare for 2-3 rejections.

With this its a constant workload of 8 years filled with dissapointments and promising only 39%.
In my book its just not worth it, because Im also not sure weather the goal I am after is at all possible or pleasurable.

Also I might point out that in previous experience I think that I am drawn only to women who dont like me and if for some strange coincidence woman likes me I feel repulsion or total indifference.

Actually the only viable plan is to add to previous also the following two parts:
1: I need to mask my personality and project a very different image which should be incorporated with classic tricks - for example mirroring. Mimicing her body gestures and feeding back her thoughts.
2: Even with this kind of approach i can only hope to seduce women that I am indifferent to. The idea is that maybe if I am with her long enough maybe feelings change.

So basically the only viable action plan is to lie, cheat and manipulate, although these things are wrong according my moral standards they seem to be common practices so i think i should feel comfortable of using them (anything is allowed in love and war).
But even this plan requires substantial effort and the end goal is not certain - i.e. weather i get positive emotional feedback from it. I rather doubt it, but theoretically it should be possible that people grow to love each other if they have time to get to know each other.

So after giving it much consideration I have decided that romantic pursuits are just not worth it, because even if for some lucky stroke I would find someone - it is not question of "what if i get hurt" - i know i will get hurt same as her, its question of when and how and weather the positive aspects of relationship outweigh the negative.

Even with this all said - I do meet some times with women, but usually these meetings and conversations tend to prove the general view i have stated.

Also it is interesting what you said about fantasies - delusional.
I think that many schizoid ideas have great potential, but I also think that much of what they vision will be wasted because it is very hard to get them realized. I am working as hard as i can to realize my dreams. Or lets say - one dream for now, because I have many very potential ideas in my mind which i have no time to work on for now. I have a kind of a five step program for realizing them, step one is underway (five years of work).
Nachos
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby IceBlock » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:50 pm

Nachos wrote:2: Making a plan.
Okay. I once made one quick "business" plan. Lets say I try to get dates and meet them regulary - if from all the dates I like 10% and lets say that the other party is as selective so she likes me with likelyhood of 10%. So the chance that we hit it off on a date is 0.1*0.1=1%
Then from past experience I need to factor in that in all likelyhood i will mess it up - lets say I try real hard and mess up only 50%.

I'm gonna be my full autistic-schizoid self here: did you use Bernoulli scheme to calculate this?
If there's trouble...
...all us freaks have is each other.
- Abraham "Abe" Sapien
IceBlock
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:58 pm

Postby Anepsios » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:14 pm

Nachos wrote:Also I might point out that in previous experience I think that I am drawn only to women who dont like me and if for some strange coincidence woman likes me I feel repulsion or total indifference.

Maybe it's the challenge of trying to win her, a game to keep you occupied. Until you achieve it that is, then its game over and indifference strikes. I tend to be like this too.
Anepsios
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Nachos » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:12 pm

IceBlock wrote:I'm gonna be my full autistic-schizoid self here: did you use Bernoulli scheme to calculate this?

If chance to succeed is 0,5% and fail 99,5%, then 0,995 powered by attempts (100) gives the negative outcome 0,61 or 61%. So success 39%.
Nachos
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby IceBlock » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:23 pm

Nachos wrote:
IceBlock wrote:I'm gonna be my full autistic-schizoid self here: did you use Bernoulli scheme to calculate this?

If chance to succeed is 0,5% and fail 99,5%, then 0,995 powered by attempts (100) gives the negative outcome 0,61 or 61%. So success 39%.

So yes ;)
If there's trouble...
...all us freaks have is each other.
- Abraham "Abe" Sapien
IceBlock

Local time: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:58 pm

Postby fluke30 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:49 pm

VinTreya wrote:being completely satisfied without ever lifting a finger for it?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ###$ you ^.^ honestly, most days I go to the park and meditate, completely shutting off my emtions and just enjoy watching the world

Anepsios wrote:
Nachos wrote:Also I might point out that in previous experience I think that I am drawn only to women who dont like me and if for some strange coincidence woman likes me I feel repulsion or total indifference.

Maybe it's the challenge of trying to win her, a game to keep you occupied. Until you achieve it that is, then its game over and indifference strikes. I tend to be like this too.

My idea of the perfect woman, one I couldn't resist asking out, would be a near perfect looking skinny perfectionist who's life is so overwhelming that she has to release her stress by being an overwhelming sex addict.
We don't live in a world of reality, we live in a world of perceptions.
~ Gerald J. Simmons
fluke30
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:58 am

Postby Anepsios » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:55 am

fluke30 wrote:My idea of the perfect woman, one I couldn't resist asking out, would be a near perfect looking skinny perfectionist who's life is so overwhelming that she has to release her stress by being an overwhelming sex addict.

hehehe, I can practically assure you this is the dream of the majority of male population :lol:
Anepsios
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby fluke30 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:06 am

Oh and I don't think it matters whether you do something or not, you either do it or you don't. Whatever happens happens...

I do believe it is possible to make yourself feel any emotion you want if you believe you can.
We don't live in a world of reality, we live in a world of perceptions.
~ Gerald J. Simmons
fluke30
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:58 am

Postby VinTreya » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:01 am

Nachos wrote:
VinTreya wrote:Ultimately, I think change is possible. Absence of motivation, or laziness for lack of a better word, is just the belief that your ability to affect results through your actions is ineffective. Why try if you can't change anything anyway, right? I've come to the conclusion that this is pathetic and obviously a position of powerlessness. Screw being powerless. Who wants that?

To make any change you have to first identify what you are dissatisfied with- what do you want to change? Conversely you may have a need or desire that you wish to fill/achieve. Identifying that is crucial. Second, making an appropriate plan which includes progressive realistic goals which lead incrementally to your desired results are essential. Each step must be do-able and realistic. I find it helpful to write these down on paper. Getting in touch with reality absolutely essential in overcoming laziness. Otherwise, you are just jerking yourself around. Did you overcome your fantasies? Congratulations! You are no longer delusional. This immediately legitimizes you.

Second and a halfly, connecting with people won't kill you.

Thirdly, just f*cking do it.

You clearly dont understand schizoid type of people, so lets follow your thinking path:

1: What am I dissatisfied with - what do I want to change?
I am lonely. I think that if I had a loving relationship with opposite sex, maybe i would be happier.

2: Making a plan.

If I take at all realistic approach I think I might manage 1 date per month, because to get a date you need to find someone to approach and then also you need to prepare for 2-3 rejections.

With this its a constant workload of 8 years filled with dissapointments and promising only 39%.
In my book its just not worth it, because Im also not sure weather the goal I am after is at all possible or pleasurable.

Also I might point out that in previous experience I think that I am drawn only to women who dont like me and if for some strange coincidence woman likes me I feel repulsion or total indifference.

Actually the only viable plan is to add to previous also the following two parts:
1: I need to mask my personality and project a very different image which should be incorporated with classic tricks - for example mirroring. Mimicing her body gestures and feeding back her thoughts.
2: Even with this kind of approach i can only hope to seduce women that I am indifferent to. The idea is that maybe if I am with her long enough maybe feelings change.

So basically the only viable action plan is to lie, cheat and manipulate, although these things are wrong according my moral standards they seem to be common practices so i think i should feel comfortable of using them (anything is allowed in love and war).
But even this plan requires substantial effort and the end goal is not certain - i.e. weather i get positive emotional feedback from it. I rather doubt it, but theoretically it should be possible that people grow to love each other if they have time to get to know each other.

So after giving it much consideration I have decided that romantic pursuits are just not worth it, because even if for some lucky stroke I would find someone - it is not question of "what if i get hurt" - i know i will get hurt same as her, its question of when and how and weather the positive aspects of relationship outweigh the negative.

Even with this all said - I do meet some times with women, but usually these meetings and conversations tend to prove the general view i have stated.

Yea, see that's all your negativity blocking it all. Hmmm, how about watch me make a waffle sandwich?! :::makes a waffle sandwich::: SEEEEE! I made a waffle sandwich! Holy cow! Amazing!

Nachos wrote:Also it is interesting what you said about fantasies - delusional.
I think that many schizoid ideas have great potential, but I also think that much of what they vision will be wasted because it is very hard to get them realized. I am working as hard as i can to realize my dreams. Or lets say - one dream for now, because I have many very potential ideas in my mind which i have no time to work on for now. I have a kind of a five step program for realizing them, step one is underway (five years of work).

Ok, five years for one step is reasonable. You are a schizoid afterall. Or are you?

I'm glad you can appreciate what a waste of time schizoid fantasies can be.

fluke30 wrote:
VinTreya wrote:being completely satisfied without ever lifting a finger for it?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ###$ you ^.^ honestly, most days I go to the park and meditate, completely shutting off my emtions and just enjoy watching the world

Zounds! I stand corrected.
People often say that this or that person has not found himself. But the SELF is not something one finds. It is something one creates. -T. Szasz
VinTreya
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:58 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum