Our partner

Depersonalization Test

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: WichitaLineman, IceBlock

Depersonalization Test

Postby Orbyss » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:23 pm

I thought this was great to run across since depersonalization keeps coming up on here a lot.

The Depersonalization Test, for your general semi-enjoyment.

Have at it. Apologies in advance if it's been posted anywhere else.
Orbyss
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:33 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby el-a » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:43 pm

"Mild Depersonalization". Hmmm...interesting.

Thanks, Orbyss.
el-a
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Ivan88 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:49 pm

Where do you dig up all those tests :D

Like them.

Severe Depersonalization ( 38 )

Why don't we make a list of all of the tests and make it a sticky.
Ivan88
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:33 am

Postby Peptron » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:21 pm

YOUR SCORE IS 56

Your score of 56 falls in the range of Severe Depersonalization (25-75).We recommend that you be evaluated by a professional who is trained in the administration of the full SCID-D interview. :?

This part made me think:
With proper treatment, in time you will no longer find it necessary to disconnect from yourself or your feelings. Eventually, as you grow strong enough to reconnect with your memories, feelings and behaviors and begin to accept them as your own, your depersonalization will be reduced and you will become a more integrated and psychologically healthy person.

I always felt that depersonalization is not "completely" involountary... but when it is strong it almost feels like it is taking you over and have to concentrate to not vanish from the universe.[/i]
INTP, E--A=C-N--O=
Peptron
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:33 am

Postby Peptron » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:38 pm

I read the site some, and I've found some interesting parts:

A dissociative disorder impairs the normal state of awareness and limits or alters one's sense of identity, memory or consciousness. (Bold mine)

This is probably the most disturbing element of strong depersonalization... even MEMORIES seem unreal. I did explain in a past post that in one of my strongest "fit" I felt the need to revisit familiar places to make sure they really existed and that I didn't imagine it all.
INTP, E--A=C-N--O=
Peptron
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Orbyss » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:26 am

Where do you dig up all those tests

Hah, this one was actually on the INFP forum I go to. I guess that shows how similar in some ways introverts can be, including suffering depersonalization. By the way, they all scored really high.

I scored 21 for my past depersonalization, but I'm rarely depersonalized anymore, and only under stress. I have a fear of going back there again, but I actually think that keeps it away.

The one thing that was terrifying for me was that I really had difficulty telling dream from reality, a problem exacerbated by the fact I have really realistic dreams.
Orbyss
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Peptron » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:45 am

Orbyss wrote:The one thing that was terrifying for me was that I really had difficulty telling dream from reality, a problem exacerbated by the fact I have really realistic dreams.

Me too. In depersonalized moments I barely dream at all, but if I do they are extremely logical and "stable" (ie, the topic stays the same from start to finish) and I could easily make movies scenarios out of them.
Oddly enough in the worse of my depersonalization my dreams seemed more real than the waking world. When I was dreaming I didn't have that feeling of "not really existing".
INTP, E--A=C-N--O=
Peptron
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby AmusedApathy » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:08 am

I answered it according to how I felt back in school/other prolonged social situations where I wasnt.. quite there.

Your score of 54 falls in the range of Severe Depersonalization (25-75).

If I answered it according to how I felt now (I'm too lazy at this particular moment) it'd probobly be lower, but still .. probobly above 25 I'm sure.
AmusedApathy
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:33 pm

Postby puma » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:35 am

YOUR SCORE IS 47
Hmmm...I have never been particularly bothered by this, in fact didn't even know what depersonalization was until recently. When I get high this is actually a pleasant thing for me. Of course, if I wasn't seeking this I can see where it would be very disturbing.
Well, anyway, I am making a sticky containing all the online personality tests I come across. Thanks, Ivan88, for this idea.
"So It Goes..." Kurt Vonnegut
http://schizoids.net/forum/index.php
puma
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:33 pm

Postby el-a » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:24 pm

Well, the questions in this test are written in past tense. Everybody experiences short periods of depersonalization (e. g. while stressed). But I suffer constantly from it (and I am just one point away from "severe depersonalization"). So this feeling of "missing out on life" seems indeed to derive to the largest part from depersonalization.
el-a
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Next

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post