Our partner

Who would be welcome in your house

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: Who would be welcome in your house

Postby iabsurdlyexist » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:23 pm

Possibly a cat. My wife's dog's are annoying.
Dx: SPD/AvPD/BP2
iabsurdlyexist
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:57 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby ElephantEyes » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:13 am

I have a serious question for the schizoids: if you had a clone, an exact clone, would it be different?

How would you like your clone living with you and would you enjoy his or her company?
ElephantEyes
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:57 am

Postby UK SPD » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:00 am

ElephantEyes wrote:I have a serious question for the schizoids: if you had a clone, an exact clone, would it be different?
How would you like your clone living with you and would you enjoy his or her company?

An exact clone would obviously satisfy my narcissistic tendencies, but I assume 'we' would probably descend into a spiral of self-agreement and end up being ultra left-wing pseudo-Nazis.
(Did I hear someone at the back heckle that I already am?)
UK SPD
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:57 pm

Postby julllia » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:12 am

noone. if i had a big house with many bathrooms and locks in my room.and i was rich. then of course.all the time even.but i do not have.
i feel like i was deprived it so many years and now i get neurotic like is the most precious thing.
i am sure i am an introvert.but i also think is very problematic because is isolating.i do not want to be lonely.but literally i want to live alone.i do not even like guests.i feel invasion.but then i feel lonely.
i do not have spd.
i know people that never want to be alone.never.they want to always have people around them.

-- Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:15 pm --

i think i want my clone though.being the same but have company,not lonely but not invasion
julllia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:57 pm

Postby Holodeck » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:04 pm

ElephantEyes wrote:I have a serious question for the schizoids: if you had a clone, an exact clone, would it be different?

Assuming the clone has my exact personality on top of cloned physique, then yeah sounds nice to a good extent at least. I'd split things that require effort with the clone as 50/50 as possible, and we'd each stay out of the other's way.

It took me years of living with my boyfriend to be able to spend more than half an hour with him in the same room before I felt like I needed air. I'd probably not spend a ton of time in the same room as the clone, because it'd probably weird me out. Maybe over time I'd get used to it's existence, and think of the other as more of a twin.
Holodeck
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ElephantEyes » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:29 pm

Thanks you three.

Another question: if your clone got ill or injured or needed a favor from you, would you help him or her? How far would you inconvenience yourself for your clone? More or less than usual?
ElephantEyes
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby sabotage3 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:49 pm

Only the person I abduct and keep tied to the bed.

No one else is allowed in.

(i will give them lots of alone time though - anyone annoys me after a while)
sabotage3
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:42 pm
Blog: View Blog (39)

Postby Holodeck » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:23 pm

ElephantEyes wrote:Thanks you three.

Another question: if your clone got ill or injured or needed a favor from you, would you help him or her? How far would you inconvenience yourself for your clone? More or less than usual?

Again I'm assuming the clone is exactly the same as myself mentally. If so, when I'm sick I like to be alone. I hate being around others when ill. The most I'd enjoy around others while sick is being a couch potato watching tv/movies, but even that I'd likely want to leave every once and a while to sleep.

If she were needing help with bandaging or to go to the ER, then sure I'd help. If she were asking a favor, I'd assume that all other options had been considered before asking me. Long as I trusted her to act as I would it wouldn't bother me. It would likely be good investment (as long as it didn't happen all the time). I would do it because if nothing else I'd know she'd have my back if I needed her for anything.

I figure if one of us gets sick, the other can work those hours having the sick one do an extra shift after they're healthier. We could take turns going to exhausting social events, split chores etc...in the long run, I'd likely only benefit from it as long as she put in enough effort with our job to make enough to support both.
Holodeck
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ElephantEyes » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:42 pm

Yeah, I see it that way too. I can see benefits too it, especially someone to talk to. As it is I spend time talking to myself and even making jokes and laughing when I'm alone. My clone could be someone to do that with, unless as UK SPD said we entered a dangerous spiral of self-agreement and lost touch with reality. But I think we tend to be open to other perspectives too, so one of us would remind us that we are going too far overboard.

I would be annoyed if my clone started talking incessantly to me when I wasn't in the mood or was trying to focus on something else. But I think we would understand that sometimes we need to leave the house and leave the other alone, so we would probably arrange when we spend time together and when one of us leaves the house for a day.
ElephantEyes
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby zeno » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:30 pm

I was trying to imagine the scenario with the clone, but I kept running into paradoxes. If my clone would be like me, then we wouldn't have trouble understanding each other, and we wouldn't have trouble coordinating chores and needs and habits. But we would both want to be home all the time, and we would both want regular time alone. But we would be tempted to talk to each other at random times, because I do like to talk (I have ADHD, and it shows). So we wouldn't agree to share a place to begin with.

Except that there's text messaging. It was actually my primary mode of communication with the girlfriend I lived with for a couple of months. The main difference is that I really wouldn't want to know or even have any clue about my clone's nsfw habits. Which is no small difference. Privacy is a lot more complicated than just the length of time that you get to spend by yourself. People have different rhythms and routines for different reasons, and that's how privacy normally happens. With a clone, that natural difference wouldn't be there. That's the main challenge that I see. And it reflects the issues that I faced in a relationship with a person with no clear boundaries.
nothing new under the sun
zeno
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:57 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post