Our partner

Still The Best Presentation On SPD I've Seen

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Still The Best Presentation On SPD I've Seen

Postby I Dream 5 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:20 pm

Though not everything in this presentation is right on the mark (yes..lol...I, as a Schizoid, did BEGRUDGINGLY graduate from a University), there's, nevertheless, a lot of truth to it:

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8vzQgo ... 38&index=1

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Paf1iTV ... 554B162938

Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyKzA8L ... 38&index=3
Your one and only resident Schizoid (in most places).
I Dream 5
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Still The Best Presentation On SPD I've Seen

Postby orinoco » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:05 pm

I would call that presentation quite superficial, not digging very deep into the biological grounding of SPD. You can learn more about your PD from Bruce D. Perry, Bryan Post or Shelley Uram (also on youtube).
orinoco
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 pm

Postby blank » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:40 pm

Thanks for posting those videos. I'll check them out.
blank
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:13 pm

Postby I Dream 5 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:22 pm

orinoco wrote:I would call that presentation quite superficial, not digging very deep into the biological grounding of SPD. You can learn more about your PD from Bruce D. Perry, Bryan Post or Shelley Uram (also on youtube).

Well...you have a right to your opinion. I think this presentation covers it fairly well, in general. It doesn't get into the highly debatable causes too much or try to make assertions that, quite frankly, have no definitive proof about the disorder. He leaves it open to debate and doesn't really try to make assertions that are the "end-all-be-all" of the disorder. There is a lot of speculation, but not a lot of hard facts I've ever encountered on this disorder (as not enough is known about it, for a variety of reasons).

I would definitely like a distinction to be made between milder cases and the more severe (or "pure") cases and see some more details. But..other than that, I don't have any major complaints about this (as far as trying to present it to the general public).
I Dream 5
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby blank » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:34 pm

I haven't watched them all yet, but I'd like to see that interview of the schizoid person the guy was talking about in the first video.
blank
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:13 pm

Postby I Dream 5 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:55 am

blank wrote:I haven't watched them all yet, but I'd like to see that interview of the schizoid person the guy was talking about in the first video.

Yeah..same here. You can get a pretty good read on someone through an interview or simply by overhearing their conversations with others. I have always felt I've had a gift in figuring out what made other people "tick".
I Dream 5
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum