Our partner

no mod in SPD subforum

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

no mod in SPD subforum

Postby Eight » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:49 pm

This made me think of the former mod in this subforum - WichitaLineman. He did his job well.

Famed country music star Glen Campbell died Tuesday. He was 81.
The "Rhinestone Cowboy" and "Wichita Lineman," singer suffered from Alzheimer's Disease for several years before passing away at an Alzheimer's facility in Nashville.

Anyone remember Glen Campbell?
Anyone remember WichitaLineman?
I wonder why this subforum doesn't have a mod assigned anymore. Doesn't look like it is needed though.
Eight
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: no mod in SPD subforum

Postby naps » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:01 am

Eight wrote:This made me think of the former mod in this subforum - WichitaLineman. He did his job well.

Famed country music star Glen Campbell died Tuesday. He was 81.
The "Rhinestone Cowboy" and "Wichita Lineman," singer suffered from Alzheimer's Disease for several years before passing away at an Alzheimer's facility in Nashville.

Anyone remember Glen Campbell?
Anyone remember WichitaLineman?
I wonder why this subforum doesn't have a mod assigned anymore. Doesn't look like it is needed though.

Funny, I was just noticing that. I was about to ask the very same question in off-topic.

I'm guessing we're too well behaved here. That and I suspect there's a shortage of mods.

Glen Campbell. Yes. A true icon. Nowadays you can't be a C&W artist unless you're a right-wing gunslinging muscle head. (I'm afraid if I said anything less I'd get an angry PM)
naps
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:55 pm

Postby blank » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:23 am

Just because there isn't an assigned mod to any forum doesn't mean they aren't modded.

I remember Wichita. I was sad when I found out he left. He was a good mod.
blank
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 am

Postby Ashlar » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:44 am

Honestly there's not usually a ton to mod here.
Ashlar
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:55 pm

Postby Tyler » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:47 am

I don't post here, but I do come here to read stuff. My boyfriend has SPD, and I learn stuff here. I should also point out, that if you have a problem or need to report something, please either report the post (! in the upside down triangle) or PM a moderator.
Email me if you want some desserts

Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Forum Rules

Heck ( • ̀ω•́ )
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:55 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby naps » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:04 pm

Tyler feel free to jump in on any relationship-themed threads again because I'd be curious to learn more about how your BF deals with being in a relationship. Do you guys live together? Do you instinctively know when he needs to be alone? Do you think your different disorders make you more compatible?

Also don't the mods sometimes jump around into other forums to moderate when necessary, like when there's a shortage of mods or something? I've seen mods edit posts in forums where they never usually moderate.
naps
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Tyler » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:19 pm

naps wrote:Tyler feel free to jump in on any relationship-themed threads again because I'd be curious to learn more about how your BF deals with being in a relationship. Do you guys live together? Do you instinctively know when he needs to be alone? Do you think your different disorders make you more compatible?

We do live together, but with my parents. He's never verbally told me "I love you," in anyway, but he does type it out through text message or email or whatever. He doesn't work, and gets his alone time while I'm at work and asleep, and yes, we both instinctively know when the other needs to be left alone. When I get psychotic, I need to be left alone.

He also has Seasonal Affective Disorder, which makes him at the same time every year, and when something is falling from the sky (rain, snow, sleet, hail, anything else). He's bracing for another winter. Fall to winter is when it hits him the hardest.

Also don't the mods sometimes jump around into other forums to moderate when necessary, like when there's a shortage of mods or something? I've seen mods edit posts in forums where they never usually moderate/

I can't say too much, but yes, we go where we're needed.

Forum Rules

Heck ( • ̀ω•́ )
Tyler

Postby naps » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:55 pm

Tyler wrote: He's never verbally told me "I love you," in anyway, but he does type it out through text message or email or whatever.

That makes sense. I don't think schizoids are incapable of love. Disinterested maybe. Cautious. There might be a little cynicism involved, too. There is in my case.

He also has Seasonal Affective Disorder, which makes him at the same time every year, and when something is falling from the sky (rain, snow, sleet, hail, anything else). He's bracing for another winter. Fall to winter is when it hits him the hardest.

I think I have a touch of that, but not like most people. I don't mind the changing of the seasons or the loss of sunlight. I just hate the cold. I'm overly sensitive to it. It zaps my energy and depresses me. Oddly, I do like snow. It's comforting. I like the way it absorbs sound and magnifies light. I really enjoy major snowfalls because it forces everyone to retreat indoors for days...it drives them crazy but for me it's totally normal.

My favorite time of year is the Spring because I know I have a whole summer ahead of me. Right now I'm starting to get unsettled because I know in a couple of months it will start getting cold.

This is what I meant in the other thread about living in the future and not the present. I wish I could just enjoy the rest of the summer without worrying about how it's almost over.

Tyler wrote:I can't say too much..

Hmmm. The mods are up to something, I just know it.
naps
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Tyler » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:07 pm

That makes sense. I don't think schizoids are incapable of love. Disinterested maybe. Cautious. There might be a little cynicism involved, too. There is in my case.

Oh yes. We've been together for four years now (actually two and a half to three, but we've known each other for four years, and we count that as our anniversary (or at least I do, he doesn't seem to care)). I remember asking him if he'd want to be my boyfriend. I knew he was into guys, but he said "I'll think about it," and later, like, later, he said "Oh, hey, I'll be your boyfriend." It was a happy time for me. He didn't seem to care much for it. Just another life experience to him. Kind of like this solar eclipse coming up. He's big into science, he's majoring in physics. He's all "it's a thing". Something that won't happen again in our life times, and it's in his field of interest. "Just a thing".

My favorite time of year is the Spring because I know I have a whole summer ahead of me. Right now I'm starting to get unsettled because I know in a couple of months it will start getting cold.

Mine's winter. No heat, Christmas, snow, no heat, sweaters, blankies, no heat, hot chocolate, beautiful trees, no heat.

Hmmm. The mods are up to something, I just know it.

Forum Rules

Heck ( • ̀ω•́ )
Tyler

Postby naps » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:22 pm

Tyler wrote:Oh yes. We've been together for four years now (actually two and a half to three, but we've known each other for four years, and we count that as our anniversary (or at least I do, he doesn't seem to care)). I remember asking him if he'd want to be my boyfriend. I knew he was into guys, but he said "I'll think about it," and later, like, later, he said "Oh, hey, I'll be your boyfriend." It was a happy time for me. He didn't seem to care much for it. Just another life experience to him. Kind of like this solar eclipse coming up. He's big into science, he's majoring in physics. He's all "it's a thing". Something that won't happen again in our life times, and it's in his field of interest. "Just a thing".

schizoids :roll:
naps
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum