Our partner

Verbiage

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Verbiage

Postby UK SPD » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:42 am

I'm SPD, so I don't relate to people particularly well, and I have a limited interest in their internal world. This possibly means that I can't be bothered to read comments more than a paragraph or two in length. Anyway, nothing worth saying needs more than a few sentences to convey - anything more is just guff. So, the more you write the less it's read - especially on this forum, I assume. There's is only a set amount of energy in the universe, it shouldn't be wasted on over-use of the internet.
Er... or am I wrong? I'm certainly used to that.
UK SPD
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Verbiage

Postby kempm » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:49 pm

You don't like reading books? The plot usually only becomes clear after however many pages there are in the book. *This message was intentionally left short*
kempm
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:39 pm

Postby Akuma » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:09 pm

UK SPD wrote:I'm SPD, so I don't relate to people particularly well, and I have a limited interest in their internal world. This possibly means that I can't be bothered to read comments more than a paragraph or two in length. Anyway, nothing worth saying needs more than a few sentences to convey - anything more is just guff. So, the more you write the less it's read - especially on this forum, I assume. There's is only a set amount of energy in the universe, it shouldn't be wasted on over-use of the internet.

I concur, but I think that Nons need long-winded explanations. Its a part of empathic listening, making them feel like you understand them, feel with them and so on. :roll:
Many I think dont look for bare information and can't digest it, they need some plushy, colorful frame to put it in.
dx: SPD
Akuma
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby zeno » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:35 pm

UK SPD wrote:So, the more you write the less it's read - especially on this forum, I assume.

Isn't that the point? :)

I don't know about other people, but I say crap on the internet so that I don't say it elsewhere.
nothing new under the sun
zeno
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby RobotZombie » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:14 pm

I can understand why you’d feel that way, but I’m actually really interested in people, sociology, psychology, anthropology, so for me it’s great, almost like people are an experiment and I’m trying to figure them out. Sometimes I’ll do or say something different to see the results.
RobotZombie
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby ZonedOut » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:19 pm

Then maybe Twitter is a good source for you? If that is the overall/average level of depth you're looking for in communication. I mostly don't read lengthy posts either, but for me, this has different reasons than thinking that everything can be communicated in only a few sentences.
Dx - Schizoid Personality Disorder // Attention Deficit Disorder
ZonedOut
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Holodeck » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:00 pm

I get wordy a lot. I drive myself nuts with it at times. At the same time however, I like reading about other's experiences and would prefer to give more info to let the person I'm talking/typing to understand better than be vague.

If it weren't for people describing their circumstances in detail for SPD for instance (as well as other disorders), I wouldn't have sought out a psychologist.

Perhaps something takes longer to read (maybe a lot of necessary detail is involved), but helps someone quicker than if the person never read it at all. I believe in that case at least, it isn't a waste.
Holodeck
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 am

Postby Rainsworth » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:08 am

UK SPD wrote: So, the more you write the less it's read - especially on this forum, I assume.

Not really. at least not for me. if it's something that captures my interest, i would be willing to sit there and read it throughout. as long as the post isn't 10 paragraphs long or something. it may be due to the fact that i have plenty of free time in my hand.. so why not?

It's only a problem when it's people in real life blabbering on and on non-stop. since you can't just stop listening and make them shut up, unless you straight out walk away from that person.
Rainsworth
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 pm

Postby under ice » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:38 pm

I run out of energy and patience with most long posts nowadays.
under ice
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby ElephantEyes » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:09 pm

UK SPD wrote:I'm SPD, so I don't relate to people particularly well, and I have a limited interest in their internal world. This possibly means that I can't be bothered to read comments more than a paragraph or two in length. Anyway, nothing worth saying needs more than a few sentences to convey - anything more is just guff. So, the more you write the less it's read - especially on this forum, I assume. There's is only a set amount of energy in the universe, it shouldn't be wasted on over-use of the internet.

I read some posts entirely through. Others I skip after the first sentence. Depends on a few things. How bored I am. How much time I have. How much I like the person. How much I relate to them.

I make wordy posts at times but its mostly because 80% of my use of the forum is verbal/mental diarrhea. There are people I need to impress in real life and there are things bouncing around in my head I don't want them to know.

Do I want people to read my posts or do I care? No. I probably prefer if they are not read. Most of the time I'm not expecting a response either.
ElephantEyes
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 am

Next

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum