Our partner

Rate you quality of life

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Rate you quality of life

Postby Auxiliary11 » Mon May 16, 2016 2:13 am

On a 1-10 scale, with 10 being absolutely perfect and 1 being a living hell.
self dx. pdd-nos (level 1); covert narcissism w/ avoidant traits; social phobia; inertia.

INFP; dismissive/fearful-avoidant & highly sensitive person

"Life, a sexually transmitted, terminal disease."
"you built up a world of magic, because your real life is tragic"
Auxiliary11
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:28 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Rate you quality of life

Postby anagram » Mon May 16, 2016 3:45 pm

that's a bit too broad. i don't have anything to compare to. my life is boring, but it's convenient. could be a lot better, could be a lot worse. on a scale of 0 to 10 ( :evil: ), i give it a 5
anagram
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:28 pm

Postby muaddib » Mon May 16, 2016 9:08 pm

At first, I thought I wouldn't be able to rank anything, but then your comment about 1 being living hell made me think of comparing it Dante.

If 1 to 4 is hell, 4 to 7 is purgatory, and 7 to 10 is paradise... I'd say about 5.5
“Oh Freedom! You are a bad dream!” - Heinrich Heine
muaddib
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:28 pm

Postby naps » Mon May 16, 2016 10:41 pm

Things could be a whole lot better, but they could be a lot worse, too, so I would say 5.

Add to that whatever promise or recourse I feel is tangible and you get 6.

Minus my perceived inability or reluctance to take advantage of such resources, which is a serious problem, and you end up with 4.5.

This is the water and this is the well
Drink full and descend
The horse is the white of the eyes
and dark within
naps
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:28 pm

Postby Dalloway » Tue May 17, 2016 2:19 am

I do not have to freeze, nor hunger, nor be afraid someone might kill me.
Since I‘m in contact with my faculties, emotional issues maybe subtract a hundredth. So, I say 9.9.

I would be interested to know what a 9 or a 10 might look like to you and how much worth you attribute to a home, enough food and physical safety. Could you name and give a numeric value to the things missing too?
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti
Dalloway
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby I Dream 5 » Tue May 17, 2016 10:00 pm

Auxiliary11 wrote:On a 1-10 scale, with 10 being absolutely perfect and 1 being a living hell.

I'd say my quality of life is 9 out of 10. I don't have any major problems. I am a fully-functioning severe or "pure" schizoid (meaning I appear to have a "normal" life on the outside...I am able to work and function in society on a somewhat "normal" level).

So...I realize I'm not the worst case of a severe or "pure" Schizoid by any means. I call it like I see it.

I attribute my high quality of life to a lack of relationships. No girlfriend and kids to worry about for me. No...I find the lack of those responsibilities very empowering. I guess my response is no surprise, but I do feel the need to chime in on here once in a while.
Your one and only resident Schizoid (in most places).
I Dream 5
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:28 am

Postby Auxiliary11 » Tue May 17, 2016 11:48 pm

I was expecting lower scores tbh. I'd imagine the social isolation, apathy, and anhedonia would really takes the joy out of living. Then again, Cluster A's are known to see themselves as normal and the rest of the world as out of line, so perhaps it's just a case of "not knowing what you're missing".

Dalloway wrote:I would be interested to know what a 9 or a 10 might look like to you and how much worth you attribute to a home, enough food and physical safety. Could you name and give a numeric value to the things missing too?

A 9 or 10 would be where I have no personal problems whatsoever; lived an interesting, fulfilling and eventful life, and also have a fairly good living situation -- meaning a nice place to live and sufficient food/water. Right now I'd say -- taking into account the worth of what I have already -- that my score would be a 6. Could be better, could be much worse.

I often fantasize about all the things I could be doing, and all the fun that I could be having but... nah, I don't feel like it, I never feel like it. Instead I spend almost all of my free time in my room -- living through the Internet, TV shows, and gaming. I'm semi-content living like this but at the same time I desire more... :(
self dx. pdd-nos (level 1); covert narcissism w/ avoidant traits; social phobia; inertia.

INFP; dismissive/fearful-avoidant & highly sensitive person

"Life, a sexually transmitted, terminal disease."
"you built up a world of magic, because your real life is tragic"
Auxiliary11
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby anagram » Wed May 18, 2016 12:04 am

Auxiliary11 wrote:Then again, Cluster A's are known to see themselves as normal and the rest of the world as out of line, so perhaps it's just a case of "not knowing what you're missing".

largely so, probably

for me at least it goes beyond that though. i said "right in the middle of the scale" yesterday, because it simply felt like "could be a lot better, could be a lot worse" was all that there was for me to go by. at the moment when i woke up today, i would have given it a lower rating. right now i'd say it's a solid 9 instead

it's very strange to even see that it was yesterday that i was first responding to this. it's very hard for me to identify with past emotional/subjective perceptions of my own, even from a very recent past sometimes. my perception of my quality of life at any given moment has very little to do with my actual quality of life in the longer term
anagram
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby RedSoviet » Wed May 18, 2016 12:09 am

6. Things could be better of course.
RedSoviet
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MotherRussia » Wed May 18, 2016 12:38 am

I rate my quality of life based on how independent/self-sufficient and self-actualised I am at any given moment.

The older I get, the more I become of the above, so at this moment, I would give my quality of life a 7.
WOOT
MotherRussia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:28 am

Next

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post