Our partner

Do you feel the same?

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Do you feel the same?

Postby nowayno » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:05 pm

My first day at my new school. I get a little shy in the beginning and I can't afford to talk to anyone in class and I feel superior as they talk and scream a lot + are childish.
(I don't know, I don't feel comfortable in big groups of people, even if they're my family or friends)
I wanted to be alone on the break time and people just won't let me be alone, I wanted to sit alone and draw and they just made me go with them by force.
I don't know, it's just that I already feel satisfied with my family so I don't feel the urge to have friends. And you guys? :?
nowayno
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Do you feel the same?

Postby smirks » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:34 pm

Gosh, you sound young, based on your description of your school life.
Can you talk about this with an adult in your life?

I had problems making friends at school when I was very little, but was able to make friends through pursuing different interests and joining teams and clubs in higher grades. I find that having something intellectual to focus on and comment about helps me socialize better.

Good luck with finding a comfortable social situation.
smirks
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:31 pm

Postby under ice » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:26 pm

I've never felt superior in a new class or workplace.
I mean, I'm way too focused on my own survival at that point to pay attention to other individuals, let alone form an opinion of them. Of course it's annoying if they get overly social but it's normal.

If they either disrespect my personal boundaries in a way that is inappropriate or are aggressive towards me, I tend to interpret it as an early attempt to define where I belong in their pecking order. Or they can ignore me for the same reason. I don't like it, but I still don't feel better than them because I believe in democracy :P
Last edited by under ice on Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
under ice
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby Chrysalide » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:38 pm

nowayno wrote: I feel superior

Interesting, I ,sometimes, feel just like that.

nowayno wrote:I don't know, it's just that I already feel satisfied with my family so I don't feel the urge to have friends. And you guys?

I don't feel satisfied around anyone, any group , included my family.
Demonizing the Universe, Miss Biodiversity 2016 and the omega forever...

How to shut someone up at the internet age? Tell me little vindictive A. ...Democracy is a b....!
Chrysalide
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:31 pm

Postby nowayno » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:11 pm

It's cool to see other opinions so I can learn more about me and SPD.
I am of a young age, yes, and I'm going to a psychologist so I can open myself in some topics and close some other things.
As for now, I don't like too much being around people but I'm trying to like it.
I feel superior for my knowledge but I have a very small EQ. I can't deal properly with sadness or anger because when I'm angry or sad I can cry a lot when I take a bad score in a test, for example.
My psychologist said that I'm what she'd call a schizoid in development. My father is a schizoid and my mom doesn't feel the need of having friends because she thinks that she only need our family to be happy.
I'm not sure about being a schizoid but I have a strange empathy. For example, I can only feel pity for things that I can relate with. For example, if I see sad news about a mother who found her daughter/son dead or vice-versa I'll be sad but if I see news about something that I don't know yet how it feels I feel like :| .
Sometimes I can start crying because of low self-esteem ("I'm a bad person" "I don't deserve to live" etc) and then I'll be happy because I think I'm smart. :?
To be honest, SPD is being glamourized by people who don't understand it at all. I am not sure if I'm a schizoid as APD/Avoidant personality disorder looks like me just like schizoid does. I'll need to see my psychologist later.
nowayno
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Chrysalide » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:18 pm

The beliefs in your intellectual superioty can be a schizoid trait. Maybe...

As the schizoid is very often an individual who "chooses"( it's not a conscious choice) to see the world through rational lenses. He/She invests the mind to the detriment of the body ( they're not very sensual).

But how old are you ? Because teenagers can have various reasons to be like what you described... It is maybe too early to put a label on you.

Are you a very independent person? Is your first thought when you have to do something is "how could I do that alone" (with nobody's help.)
Demonizing the Universe, Miss Biodiversity 2016 and the omega forever...

How to shut someone up at the internet age? Tell me little vindictive A. ...Democracy is a b....!
Chrysalide
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:31 pm

Postby nowayno » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:26 pm

Chrysalide wrote:The beliefs in your intellectual superioty can be a schizoid trait. Maybe...

As the schizoid is very often an individual who "chooses"( it's not a conscious choice) to see the world through rational lenses. He/She invests the mind to the detriment of the body ( they're not very sensual).

But how old are you ? Because teenagers can have various reasons to be like what you described... It is maybe too early to put a label on you.

Are you a very independent person? Is your first thought when you have to do something is "how could I do that alone" (with nobody's help.)

I am fourteen.
I like to do things alone but if I do things with someone who is smart I don't feel bad, but only if there is a small number of members in our team. I don't like to trouble people with my problems in real life because honestly, the opposite (people troubling me w/ their problems) is really annoying.
I try to be at least helpful to people even if my mind is screaming "Go away!" because I don't feel like being mean either.
I like to do things alone because I think that I can handle things well but I do things in groups because my school friends think that I'm sad/depressed and if I do alone I would be just throwing their feelings away. :roll:
nowayno
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby ZonedOut » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:19 pm

nowayno wrote:I am fourteen.

Wow, cool! I really wonder whether my life would have gone differently if I would already have been aware of my schizoid personality back when I was 14. I always knew something was off, but only well after turning 18, I could pinpoint what exactly, and only after turning 20 I found out about schizoid personality disorder.

How did you find out about it? Your therapist came up with it? If so, it seems you're blessed with a psych capable of thinking out of the box, as the average psych would most likely readily slap the autism label on someone your age without even considering schizoid personality disorder.

I hope you will benefit a lot from having knowledge of schizoid personality disorder already at your age. It can bring a lot of clarity with regard to many confusing experiences yet to come for you, and it can serve as rocket fuel for self-reflection. It is something you can use to your advantage in many ways for sure, but beware it could also become a pitfall. First of all, your personality is not fully grown yet and still in development, so at this point it's hard to tell for sure whether you really have a personality disorder. Secondly, you should try to go on with being yourself, rather than starting to live according to the label. I'm not saying you're living according to the label now, it doesn't seem so, but it may happen in the future while in search for an identity, which is something likely to happen at your age.
Dx - Schizoid Personality Disorder // Attention Deficit Disorder
ZonedOut
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Comp_Lex » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:27 pm

nowayno wrote:My first day at my new school. I get a little shy in the beginning and I can't afford to talk to anyone in class and I feel superior as they talk and scream a lot + are childish.
(I don't know, I don't feel comfortable in big groups of people, even if they're my family or friends)
I wanted to be alone on the break time and people just won't let me be alone, I wanted to sit alone and draw and they just made me go with them by force.
I don't know, it's just that I already feel satisfied with my family so I don't feel the urge to have friends. And you guys? :?

You are not superior when they scream a lot and you don't. It just means that you don't scream. I am not busy with thinking about superiority. I don't care about that.
Comp_Lex
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby nowayno » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:23 am

ZonedOut wrote:
nowayno wrote:I am fourteen.

Wow, cool! I really wonder whether my life would have gone differently if I would already have been aware of my schizoid personality back when I was 14. I always knew something was off, but only well after turning 18, I could pinpoint what exactly, and only after turning 20 I found out about schizoid personality disorder.

How did you find out about it? Your therapist came up with it? If so, it seems you're blessed with a psych capable of thinking out of the box, as the average psych would most likely readily slap the autism label on someone your age without even considering schizoid personality disorder.

I hope you will benefit a lot from having knowledge of schizoid personality disorder already at your age. It can bring a lot of clarity with regard to many confusing experiences yet to come for you, and it can serve as rocket fuel for self-reflection. It is something you can use to your advantage in many ways for sure, but beware it could also become a pitfall. First of all, your personality is not fully grown yet and still in development, so at this point it's hard to tell for sure whether you really have a personality disorder. Secondly, you should try to go on with being yourself, rather than starting to live according to the label. I'm not saying you're living according to the label now, it doesn't seem so, but it may happen in the future while in search for an identity, which is something likely to happen at your age.

Yes, my therapist came up with it. I am not sure yet, but I feel like I must have SPD or APD. I don't know, it's just hard for me to understand my feelings. I try to rationalize everything, so when I become angry I try to be calm ASAP and when I'm envious I become angry at myself. I hope my psych is right and I'm not having a placebo effect. I constantly feel anhedonia and I am only happy when I fantasize things (RPG, drawing, etc) :?
I didn't know I was lucky. I'm sorry for what happened to you (not knowing what was wrong). My psych said that I live on a "dream world" so, for example, I can only feel empathy for things I understand. When I see news about things I didn't experience I rationalize "It must have been pretty bad" and *poof* the end.

Comp_Lex wrote:
nowayno wrote:My first day at my new school. I get a little shy in the beginning and I can't afford to talk to anyone in class and I feel superior as they talk and scream a lot + are childish.

You are not superior when they scream a lot and you don't. It just means that you don't scream. I am not busy with thinking about superiority. I don't care about that.

It's not something that I do on purpose, Comp_Lex. It's just how I feel. I have heard a lot of "No one is superior, everyone is the same" and I see what this sentence means, but sometimes I can feel superior even to people whom I love.
So, I'm sorry Comp_Lex, but, well, not trying to be rude or anything, but that wasn't my point when I opened this topic. I try to be a "good" person but well, feelings are something that I can't change.
nowayno
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Next

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post