Our partner

Do you ENJOY being a schizoid?

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Postby Sabratha » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:46 am

el-a wrote:
Sabratha wrote:Actually this is alien to me.
If I want to do something and have the means and skills to do something, then I do it. If I have some potential and want to use it, then I probably will use it.
I do not suffer from motivation problems.

With me motivation is only half of the problem. It's just that I used to have a richer inner life with more imagination and fantasy which has become totally bland as I got older. I suffer from what Millon calls "inner barrenness". When I was 14/15 I wanted to become a graphic designer, comic book artist or illustrator. The seeds were there but the flower never developed.

That may not necessarily be a cause of beeing schizoid. For many people the most creative part of their lives is that when they are 15-18 as this is the peak of one's fluid intelligence. After that the fluid intelligence drops while crystallied intelligence rises.
Actually I was much more creative and imaginative when I was 16 or 17 then what I am now. But I don't think it is simply beeing schizoid, I think it is a trait of many humans.
I'm self diagnosed with a very severe and incurable case of "being Sabratha".
Peptron wrote:Sabratha, you do not count, as you are a freak of nature. You go through life with cheat codes.
Sabratha
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby puma » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:33 pm

sum1 wrote:

puma wrote:I have this problem with my artistic abilities, but I putz with my photoshop animations for at least a little while every day so I don't completely wither up. Some days I actually am quite productive with it;

Some of the pictures you've used to illustrate your posts have
been so appropriate to the text that I suspected they were tailor-
made. The shitting baby is perhaps the most prominent example.

No, the shitting baby is a gif I found; I rove the web searching for these things. Here is one of my own ( getting Skunked) which although crude, people seem to enjoy.
http://psychforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=17490
Most of my stuff takes too long to load if one doesn't have broadband, so I try to go with little file sizes.
"So It Goes..." Kurt Vonnegut
http://schizoids.net/forum/index.php
puma
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:35 am

Re: Do you ENJOY being a schizoid?

Postby AnonUser1 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:48 pm

What is normal? Those headless chickens running around stressing/worrying about useless stuff I wouldn't think twice of flushing down the toilet?

To me, being normal seems like a bigger burden than being schizoid.
AnonUser1

Postby sickred » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:44 am

Although it may give some benefits, I don't enjoy it. It is pain with people and pain without them.
sickred
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:35 pm

Re:

Postby CatSlave » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:08 pm

Darkhack wrote:When I was a little kid I did. I enjoyed being by myself and not needing others to be happy. Now that I am 17, I don't. I feel like I am missing out on life and that I will never be happy. Let's face it, although we are schizoids, we will have to deal with people at school, jobs, or with family. I would be much happier if I could get through daily life without feeling so out of place. I'm so odd that my friends (normal people would call them acquaintances, but they are the closest thing I have) can easily tell that something is off about me. They can never tell what it is though. Some suspect mental disorder, others think "oh he is just shy" and I've even had one person think I was gay. If I could live alone for the rest of my life, I would probably enjoy it. Since that isn't likely to happen and I have to put up with the real world... I hate it and have a strong desire to be normal.

Yes. I feel like being schizoid made me waste my ######6 life. Everyone can socialize while I am useless as $#%^. I can be very smart but I am not motivated enough. I can be very funny but I don't socialize so my repertoire of topics is limited to videogames whose I don't enjoy very much and cats. ######6 awesome, no? Also I don't love anybody and nobody does so except my cat :oops: and as a consequence I feel empty inside and try to fill my emptiness with drugs [but they aren't working] and food [but it is bad eating too much like the way I do]

I wish I was normal.....

When I was a child I enjoyed being alone and being with people but it started getting worse and worse and I could feel how I was turning into this [whatever I am because I can't relate to this topics but my psychologist say that I am schizoid so I don't know].
CatSlave
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:35 pm

Postby Slab » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:59 pm

This is like a riddle. How do I enjoy something that makes me incapable of enjoying every other part of life? When people are in emotional distress and I have to witness it, then I am thankful. But I don't enjoy existing, so I think I don't enjoy being schizoid either, since it is probably the cause of this sentiment.
Slab
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:35 am

Postby Dalloway » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:07 pm

Wishing to be like “everyone else” is to wish for the state you believe “them” to be in. You don´t know how much they act. I wouldn´t trust it. They linger in stupidity for years and kill themselves with fifty or are caught in horrid relationships. Acting like everything is fine is the last resort, as some of us most certainly know.

I wouldn´t take the pill. I think my perception is part of me. If to walk the path between loneliness and being confronted with stupor is my way, then I´ll walk it to the end.

And now I´ll post it ... and reread it as many times necessary to survive tomorrow.
Dalloway
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Acinorev » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:55 am

When I am inside, I enjoy being who I am. When I meet with the outside world, I am lost, buried, gone. I do not matter. I enjoy my fantasies when I have them, even as they involve others. I do not enjoy my realities. It is bittersweet at best, it is nothing at worst...plain bitter is middle ground.
Acinorev
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:35 am

Postby Kally » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:30 pm

Oh yes, the joy is unbearable. There's nothing more entertaining than being schizoid and doing schizoid stuff all day. It's like reaching nirvana and finding the meaning of life while having ice cream kinda thing.
Kally
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby limerence » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:11 am

only with a healthy supply of weed, then i almost pity non schizoid people, trapped in our dull society without a wonderful fantasy world to visit

when not in a weedy phase i suppose i'd prefer to be not schizoid
limerence
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:35 am

PreviousNext

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post