Our partner

Social contacts

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: Social contacts

Postby Acinorev » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:41 pm

Also, I've said multiple times on the forum that I am different socially online than I am in person. I actually speak my mind here. Forums are the closest thing I have to enjoyable, regular social interaction. I can post at my leisure, read the things I want, avoid the things I don't want, engage where and how I want about topics I want, all without having to 'act properly'. I am a person and the vast majority of people want some interaction, even if only for the opportunity to mentally engage in something.
Acinorev
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:30 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby huggles » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:58 pm

The talk about shut in/recluse versus schizoid is interesting.

I have a significant other, and no friends or acquaintances. I have no social media presence (unless this counts). I haven't worked with people for a while, and now I don't even work outside of the house at all. I see family a few times a year, who are usually concerned about me because they have no idea what I am up to or doing. I'm very private compared to others and offer very little information. I ignore calls. The only person I call is my mother, and that is roughly once a month. I enjoy leaving the house, though I currently only do it a few times a week and not for very long. Isn't my preference, but is fine for now.

My mental health is fine and I think I have a great setup and am happy. People think I'm odd. I'm noticeably less emotional than others. Also, I'm not a schizoid at all. Nor do I have any personality disorder. I'm just more on the fringe of the normal spectrum.
huggles
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:30 am

Postby creative_nothing » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:00 pm

huggles wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if more woman claimed disorders, or to find out more woman are actually diagnosed with disorders. That being said, I've never met a woman who claimed mental disorders for attentions, and if I did I would no doubt believe they had a disorder (though maybe not the one(s) they claim).

True. But physicians are part of the system, and they are always worring wether the patient is not trying to find an excuse not to work.

I dont know why they do it, because it is none of their business.

Anyway a physician in particular should either say:
I need more info.
I need to refer you to another speciality(including psychiatry)
You have the disorder you mentioned
You have another disorder
You have hypocondriasis.(a mental illness)
You have a facticious disorder(another mental ilness caused by another relevant fact or a severe case of personality disorder)

Last week I went to psychiatrist, and my eyes were really red. She got worried ans told me to go to the hospital if it didnt get better.

Farewell, The other day I went to hospital, but my eyes were a little better. But all of the sudden the physician started to treat me as if I was going to the hospital to avoid going to work. It had been years, I havent gone to an hospital(as a patient). The last time I think was either due ear ache or a boil (dont remember the last)

I know people do this, but he cant assume everyone is doing this, after all this is none of his business.

And if physician join this 'game' they should look for what are the causes instead assuming the patient is lazy. I am pretty sure an healthy workplace environment will produce fewer facticious cases.
Dx. GAD
In the animal kingdom, the rule is, eat or be eaten; in the human kingdom, define or be defined
Thomas Szasz
creative_nothing
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:30 am

Postby Lucinda » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:36 pm

"Isik"]
You seem overly emotional about this anyway, chill.

Actually you seem to be the one who is emotional about it :?

Yes I'll say it again I do believe most women claiming they suffer from a disorder, especially the ones discussing it on the internet, are just attention seeking. I don't know, some of them might want to feel like the main character of a XIXth century novel, or desire confirmation from their relatives that they are beloved, or are just unhappy with their lives, perhaps a bit of all of the above... Who knows. They probably don't have a clue themselves. One thing is sure they are unbearable and get hysteric as soon as you question them, and right after a swarm of other 20 to 40 years old barge in because "muh feelings got hurt!"

....maybe. But why the hatred? Mother issues?
I would not want to be a psychiatrist in a hospital and have to deal with a young woman, sounds nightmarish.

Lucky for them , you don't have to...

Besides and that might be slightly offtopic; I have no sympathy for anyone who has tried to commit suicide but has failed at least two times, and that's usually women who try the most... and thus fail the most. If you really want to die next time be radical but stop pestering everyone around you, making them feel guilty and be a ######6 annoyance to the emergency services because "every life is sacred!!!xoxo"

I think the problem here is women do not have the same violent tendencies as men, therefore not as adept at using, or as knowledgeable about guns, ropes, knives, carbon monoxide etc...
Regarding their usual method of overdosing on pills... Pharmacology is complicated and It is hardly their fault the precautionary warnings from Pharmaceutical companies, regarding certain drugs are deliberately misleading and overly cautious.
Canada sounds like a liberal shithole btw, don't know why anyone would want to live there except for welfare.

67% of the population is Christian. I am sure you would find a niche if you had a mind to...
maybe raise some funds for the 'emergency service' :wink:
''Life is not a task. There is absolutely nothing to attain except the realisation that there is absolutely nothing to attain.''
Lucinda
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby creative_nothing » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:56 pm

Isik wrote:Canada sounds like a liberal shithole btw, don't know why anyone would want to live there except for welfare.

Isnt welfare awesome? 8)
Dx. GAD
In the animal kingdom, the rule is, eat or be eaten; in the human kingdom, define or be defined
Thomas Szasz
creative_nothing
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:30 am

Postby Isik » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:31 pm

Acinorev wrote:Anyways, from what you describe, it sounds like 'women' treat you poorly because you treat them poorly, not the other way around. How can I do anything but think of you as anything but a complete asshole when, gasp, you've been nothing but a complete asshole?

Might I add that the same reason you ARE being an asshole is the same reason I argued with lex. You are generalizing things and misapplying things to people because you 'just know' better. In this case, the results are far more affecting to how people react to you than what lex did. Lex just offered advice and opinion that I, personally, didn't think was valid due to his bias. You, on the other hand, are completely attaching c, d and e to things because I have done A and part of b. And lo and behold, c d and e are not things that I am, and so it pisses me off. (Also, even if I were things c d and e, you're still being an asshole to that person.) Instead why don't you think for a ######6 minute and wonder 'oh, hey, this is a schizoid forum. Maybe she's, as she's said, trying to figure out ways to not be schizoid anymore by garnering as much information and sharing as much as she can so that she can maintain the only ######6 good thing she has, her relationship, in her life.'

Congrats on your knowledge of the alphabet.
Regarding the first part of your post, I haven't spoken to a woman outside of my family since I left high school nearly five years ago, and I've given up on the idea of having a gf/marrying someone a long time ago too. Try something else, I'm not afraid to admit I am a loser.

I think the problem here is women do not have the same violent tendencies as men, therefore not as adept at using, or as knowledgeable about guns, ropes, knives, carbon monoxide etc...Regarding their usual method of overdosing on pills... Pharmacology is complicated and It is hardly their fault the precautionary warnings from Pharmaceutical companies, regarding certain drugs are deliberately misleading and overly cautious.

Is that so. I guess you are right about pills, poison and substance abuse being more prevalent among females when it comes to killing oneself. Still, if you want to get things over with, you better be bloody radical about it. Besides it does not really explain why some of them try twice or more and still fail, that's some incredible level of impotence there... or attention seeking, to the point where you should be ignored and left to die. :o If you gobble up 10 pills of whateverix and wake up in a hospital bed but still want to die, try taking 50 pills with some alcohol for good measure and make sure you cannot be rescued next time, that should do the trick. If you're retarded to the point of making the same mistake twice, you're too dumb to live!

67% of the population is Christian. I am sure you would find a niche if you had a mind to...maybe raise some funds for the 'emergency service' 

Hmmm okay? cool

Isnt welfare awesome? 

Indeed 8) here's hoping to join the club in a few months.

I also find it rich that the person who must be mooching off of someone or some public institution for, apparently, most of their life, somehow thinks it's at all pertinent to then dangle something like suicide attempts as over-taxing public money and interest

I wasn't only talking about money, but also their relatives' mental state. These people are consciously dragging down a lot of people around them for their own needs since they're so high maintenance... And they still cost more than I ever will, actually. Keep in mind that some of them also are on welfare, so it's even worse.

That being said, I've never met a woman who claimed mental disorders for attentions, and if I did I would no doubt believe they had a disorder 

...isn't that a sort of reverse catch 22? If you claim you're mentally sick then you most likely are, whether it is true or not, because a liar IS insane. :lol:
My posts and grammar are "all over the place" so I'll stop there.
Isik
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:30 am

Postby huggles » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:36 pm

Isik wrote:
That being said, I've never met a woman who claimed mental disorders for attentions, and if I did I would no doubt believe they had a disorder

...isn't that a sort of reverse catch 22? If you claim you're mentally sick then you most likely are, whether it is true or not, because a liar IS insane. :lol:

i don't thinking claiming to have a mental disorder makes you mentally disordered. i think claiming to have mental illness or a disorder for attention does.

a lot of people think they have a mental disorder because they're struggling, notice they are different than others, or other reasons. as for straight up lying by saying you have a diagnosed disorder...well i imagine there might be a few reasons for that. might mean you're mentally ill, might not.
huggles
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby nprkntlny » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:59 pm

Isik wrote:Are you somehow implying that I'm a mass murderer? You seem overly emotional about this anyway, chill.
Yes I'll say it again I do believe most women claiming they suffer from a disorder, especially the ones discussing it on the internet, are just attention seeking. I don't know, some of them might want to feel like the main character of a XIXth century novel, or desire confirmation from their relatives that they are beloved, or are just unhappy with their lives, perhaps a bit of all of the above... Who knows. They probably don't have a clue themselves. One thing is sure they are unbearable and get hysteric as soon as you question them, and right after a swarm of other 20 to 40 years old barge in because "muh feelings got hurt!"
I would not want to be a psychiatrist in a hospital and have to deal with a young woman, sounds nightmarish.

Besides and that might be slightly offtopic; I have no sympathy for anyone who has tried to commit suicide but has failed at least two times, and that's usually women who try the most... and thus fail the most. If you really want to die next time be radical but stop pestering everyone around you, making them feel guilty and be a ######6 annoyance to the emergency services because "every life is sacred!!!xoxo"
Canada sounds like a liberal shithole btw, don't know why anyone would want to live there except for welfare.

Yeah, this post marks you at as borderline trollish. This thread is NOT for you to air your personal grievances with everything and everyone. Start a blog for that. Heck, feel free to start a new thread, just title it appropriately so we know to avoid it. There's even a handy sticky called "what's on your mind" thread for general ranting. But now you've just degenerated into aimless ranting at stuff you don't like... shame, you almost had some valid points. If you want a part of the internet that is more for "people like you", then there's no shortage of that neo-women-hating movement for you to associate with.

And yes, you are being hypocritical.
nprkntlny
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Isik » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:50 pm

Haha I know right. I was hoping noone would call me out on it. :lol: To be honest I expected to get banned after my very first post in this thread. If you wish, disregard what I said about women, my point about the most... integrated/adjusted members posting in such a forum still stands though.
Isik
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:30 am

Postby nprkntlny » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:22 pm

Fine, but take note of the corrections that several people provided for you. Many schizoids and other disordered and dysfunctional people do carve out a niche for their own lifestyles in order to emulate functionality and well-adjustedness. It doesn't mean they aren't schizoid. Many go through phases of functionality which they can maintain for a time, but it crashes eventually. So, by your current logic, they are not disordered when they are in a phase of barely-functional, but when they crash they are disordered. Hence, you need to update your logic in this area.
nprkntlny
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post