Our partner

What medication are you on ?

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

What medication are you on ?

Postby borntodie19 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:43 pm

I think it would be interesting to create a post to say all the medications that have tested and that positive or negative effects have had on us, I think it would be helpful.

Please need collaboration.
this is Very Important to me, I think That is the only 'solution' or help.

Now I'm on Wellbutrin, but since three weeks ago, still do not see results, I will keep updated of any changes.
borntodie19
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: What medication are you on ?

Postby ganbaru » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:36 pm

i've tried wellbutrin/bupropion myself. i got some positive results from it, but the side effects were much worse than the benefits. keep in mind that one of the typical effects of bupropion is that it makes everything feel more "intense" and "dramatic", besides worsening the quality of your sleep at night. so if you're feeling that way right now, it's probably because of the medication

sooner or later some doctor is going to end up prescribing you a benzodiazepine ("-am meds". diazepam, clonazepam, alprozolam, etc. there's a whole bunch of them, but they're all similar). they're usually meant to treat anxiety and insomnia. they really do work, but... word of caution: they stop working after a few doses, and they can cause or worsen depression. increasing the dose only makes it worse, and they can have horrible effects after you stop taking them. so never rely on benzodiazepines. they may help you occasionally (they do help me occasionally), but they won't solve any long-term problems you may have
ganbaru
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:52 pm

Postby Ashlar » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:10 pm

I've been on celexa and klonopin. Not on either anymore. They were both possibly big mistakes, but at the time I thought I needed chemical help because other more "healthy" options like exercise were not working for me when I was having panic attacks and other anxiety issues mostly.
Ashlar
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:52 am

Postby wickerwoman » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:01 pm

None. I'm fine with the way I am and I hate taking medication unless I absolutely have to. Apart from the amount of money it costs, I don't like feeling groggy or spacey or the thought of putting chemicals into my body unless it's to prevent extreme pain or death.

Why do you feel so strongly that you need to fix yourself? There's a hell of a lot worse things in the world than being schizoid.
wickerwoman
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:52 am

Postby borntodie19 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:49 pm

wickerwoman wrote:Why do you feel so strongly that you need to fix yourself? There's a hell of a lot worse things in the world than being schizoid.

I'm sorry but I disagree with you, for my schizoid is the greatest punishment and sorry for being so, but it's what I think every person is different and live in a different society and me this too affects my quality of life, as my SPD was a trigger to a period of extreme stress that changed my personality completely, and now my life is summarized do NOTHING, because I am unable to anything ...
I would like to know how is your day to day to say that there are far worse things than being schizoid ... goals or dreams ??
borntodie19
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:52 pm

Postby pit » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:56 pm

Growing up as a sickly kid, I was on a lot of asthma medications which meant a lot of steroids. In my teens and early twenties, I was on Prozac off and on. Now I'm on hardly anything.
pit
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ganbaru » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:15 pm

borntodie19 wrote:I would like to know how is your day to day to say that there are far worse things than being schizoid ... goals or dreams ??

i would recommend you this exercise: schizoid-personality/topic147058.html

it can be a practical way to get motivated and to help you structure your life a little better, but i think the main purpose of the exercise is to actually just realize the goals/dreams you already had but which you weren't aware of. you think of "things you wish you could have" or "things you wish wouldn't change", and then you realize that in many cases the essence of those things is actually achievable if you break it all down to concrete day-to-day things

if you take a look at my own list, you can get an idea of what matters to me about my own daily life, and what kinds of things i have on my mind most of the time when i choose what i'm going to do with my day
ganbaru
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby wickerwoman » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:55 pm

borntodie19 wrote:I'm sorry but I disagree with you, for my schizoid is the greatest punishment and sorry for being so, but it's what I think every person is different and live in a different society and me this too affects my quality of life, as my SPD was a trigger to a period of extreme stress that changed my personality completely, and now my life is summarized do NOTHING, because I am unable to anything ...
I would like to know how is your day to day to say that there are far worse things than being schizoid ... goals or dreams ??

I think it help to set goals that are realistic given what you know about yourself. If my goal was to have a loving happy family, then I would be pretty miserable but since I know that's never going to happen, my goal is to travel and enjoy new experiences and learn new things. Since that's achievable and works within the constraints imposed by SPD, it makes happiness, or at least contentment, achievable.

It sounds like you've gone through a difficult time and are depressed but both of those things are independant of SPD and are temporary.

SPD isn't a punishment any more than being gay or female or non-white are punishments. It can make your life a bit more difficult in a society that's set up to reward the majority of people who are different to you, but it's not impossible to clear a space for your own life where you can be yourself and happy at least part of the time.

When I feel like everything is impossible, I make a list of five things that are stressing me out. Even stupid things like "the lightbulbs have all gone out and I haven't bothered changing them" or "I need to take the trash out" or "the kitchen shelf is broken". Then I promise myself a reward for scratching one thing off the list. Then I do the easiest one. Then I feel better and I use that energy to do the next easiest thing. And so on. Things aren't impossible even when they feel that way. It's just a matter of identifying an easy place to start and racking up some quick wins.
wickerwoman
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:52 am

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post