Our partner

schizoid emotions question

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

schizoid emotions question

Postby Alligator9 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:26 am

schizoid don't show emotion or don't feel them? and avoidants?
Alligator9
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:35 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: schizoid emotions question

Postby A_Void » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:48 pm

Blunted affect. Schizoids are emotionally detached. They feel emotions but have difficulty interpretting them or expressing them. Emotions may also be hindered in the case of anhedonia.
A_Void
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:35 am

Postby SchizyOfAstora » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:47 pm

Depends. Some don't show but feel it. Others Both.
SchizyOfAstora
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:35 am

Postby Dazz » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:45 pm

lol I just done a "How emotionally detached are you?" quiz for fun and heres a thread about emotions, this was my result:

Dead on the Inside

25% Emotional, 25% Extroverted, 69% Introverted, 77% Sociopath and 31% Compasionate!

You're a very emotionally detached person. You’re also a raging sociopath. You should consider getting some professional help, it won‘t do you any good though because psychopathy has no viable treatments or cures with our current knowledge! You fit the personality archetype of most serial killers and murderers.

You likely grew up in a bad home and school environment. Which has turned you into what you are today. You’ve had your heart broken one too many times or not at all. You most likely don’t know what you’re doing in life. You feel like you hate everything, but paradoxically you feel emotionally empty or dead. Something has been missing from your life and it will always be missing.

I know I feel emotions but I also know they aren't the same way others feel them (more limited), as for showing them the only emotion that I show (while not being very drunk) often is joy/laughter if I'm feeling it or not, the only other ones I show at times is anger and surprise but thats under certain circumstances.
Dazz
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby SchizyOfAstora » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:08 am

Dazz wrote:lol I just done a "How emotionally detached are you?" quiz for fun and heres a thread about emotions, this was my result:

Dead on the Inside

25% Emotional, 25% Extroverted, 69% Introverted, 77% Sociopath and 31% Compasionate!

You're a very emotionally detached person. You’re also a raging sociopath. You should consider getting some professional help, it won‘t do you any good though because psychopathy has no viable treatments or cures with our current knowledge! You fit the personality archetype of most serial killers and murderers.

You likely grew up in a bad home and school environment. Which has turned you into what you are today. You’ve had your heart broken one too many times or not at all. You most likely don’t know what you’re doing in life. You feel like you hate everything, but paradoxically you feel emotionally empty or dead. Something has been missing from your life and it will always be missing.

I know I feel emotions but I also know they aren't the same way others feel them (more limited), as for showing them the only emotion that I show (while not being very drunk) often is joy/laughter if I'm feeling it or not, the only other ones I show at times is anger and surprise but thats under certain circumstances.

Yay! Another test. I gonna make a thread of this one.
SchizyOfAstora
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:35 am

Postby muaddib » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:15 am

Dazz wrote:lol I just done a "How emotionally detached are you?" quiz for fun and heres a thread about emotions, this was my result:

Dead on the Inside

You're a very emotionally detached person. You’re also a raging sociopath. You should consider getting some professional help, it won‘t do you any good though.... You fit the personality archetype of most serial killers and murderers.

You likely grew up in a bad home and school environment. Which has turned you into what you are today. You’ve had your heart broken one too many times or not at all....

I was just going through the threads one more time before getting some work done when I saw this. Was this quiz in The Onion by any chance? I particularly liked, "You’re also a raging sociopath," "You should consider getting some professional help, it won‘t do you any good though," and "You’ve had your heart broken one too many times or not at all." The last one sounds like something in a horoscope.
“Oh Freedom! You are a bad dream!” - Heinrich Heine
muaddib
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:35 am

Postby wickerwoman » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:15 am

I feel some emotions sometimes but when I do they're often the wrong ones for the situation. Probably 90% of the time I don't really feel anything except maybe a little anxiety or uncertainty. Then when something really good happens, sometimes it makes me feel miserable or when something bad happens I feel relieved.
wickerwoman
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:35 pm

Postby under ice » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:20 pm

Emotions are pretty much an on/off kind of thing for me. With few exceptions, I don't feel any kind of personal emotional connection with people I interact with in everyday situations, but I usually act in a friendly way just because it's easy for me.
When someone is grieving I do feel compassion just long enough to notice it's there and I'm good at comforting people by just being around if need be.

On the whole, my positive emotions towards people other than my very closest one(s) are neither strong nor perpetual. I recognize social anxiety and uncomfortable feelings better, even with people I consider my friends. Perhaps I compensate for the lack of emotional connection by connecting intellectually.

Social celebrations are tedious IMO, because such prolonged happiness seems unnatural to me.
I get in touch with my positive emotions best by being alone in nature or listening to music, but sometimes I just get an empty feeling.
under ice
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:35 am
Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby Polis » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:52 pm

RedSoviet wrote:Depends. Some don't show but feel it. Others Both.

And secret schizoids don't feel but show.
Polis
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Ashlar » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:44 am

[Secret] and I pretend to feel things as a mask. I also actually feel things, but that's at a level below the mask.
Ashlar
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:35 am

Next

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post