Our partner

Do you feel you are destructive

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: Do you feel you are destructive

Postby bbanner » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:44 pm

This destructiveness is why I wouldn't want to have children. If some grown-up wants to ruin their life with me, that's their problem, but children are helpless and would be dependent on me - and since I would be a terrible parent, they would be f**ked by default.

However, I don't think I'm destructive towards myself or other people, I'm too mild, neutral and harmless for that. I am destructive towards object and inhumane stuff. I like big explosions, collapsing buildings, natural disasters etc.
bbanner
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:39 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Dalloway » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:11 pm

I noticed while some people shy away from contact because they think themselves destructive and they want to protect everybody else, it appears others have no problem to use another human as a walking private masturbator.
Is this a question of schizoidism or of maturity?
Unsurprisingly the latter category dodged this topic.
Dalloway
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:39 pm

Postby Ashlar » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:43 pm

I would have identified with this a LOT more when I was in high school and early college. At that age I did feel like love, affection, and emotion were all bad things especially in regards to myself. I used to scorn any girl that expressed interest in me.

I do identify with the desire to protect everyone else.

And admittedly, the person I had the most affection towards... my relationship with that person was destructive for that person. It's really sad. Still cuts me up. The same goes for a lesser extent with my family in the past.

I always told a certain friend back in high school that I didn't mind being the villain to get good things done. I still don't. I'll burn the world down just to get rid of the bad people. I'm very much a nuke them from orbit person. But I'm also more sedated as I age.
Ashlar
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:39 am

Postby EmpathySucks » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:11 pm

Your average dumbass is infinitely more destructive than a schizoid could ever be.
EmpathySucks
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm

Postby creative_nothing » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:29 pm

Dalloway wrote:I noticed while some people shy away from contact because they think themselves destructive and they want to protect everybody else, it appears others have no problem to use another human as a walking private masturbator.
Is this a question of schizoidism or of maturity?
Unsurprisingly the latter category dodged this topic.

Stupidy people are usually too stupid to realize they are stupid.

On the other hand wise people are wise enough to realize they know nothing.

This has know even a psychological name. The Dunning-Kruger Effect
http://www.spring.org.uk/2012/06/the-du ... petent.php

But my original question was more about if people feel they are destructive, not if they really are.

I ve read that schizoids are likely to have mothers that got really upset when they showed anger or other spontaneous but upseting behaviours. As destructing the mother was equal to self-destruction they repressed their emotions in order to not trigger these reactions in the mother.
Just a theory.
Dx. GAD
In the animal kingdom, the rule is, eat or be eaten; in the human kingdom, define or be defined
Thomas Szasz
creative_nothing
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:39 pm

Postby cobra cat » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:46 pm

EmpathySucks wrote:Your average dumbass is infinitely more destructive than a schizoid could ever be.

Yes, I think I am actually less destructive than most people, and that most people don't expend the mental energy to consider the consequences of their actions in either their own life or in how it effects the lives of others.

I would only be destructive if given a role that is ill suited to my personality, such as parenthood. I know what it would take to be a good parent, probably better than most people, but would I care enough to put in the effort and make the sacrifices that are required of a good parent? Probably not even close. As such, my desire to never have children could be viewed as being beneficial to me and not-horrible to my would-be child (can't really be a good thing to them, because s/he doesn't exist). Being honest and considerate about my own needs and the needs of other people means that I am less destructive than a normal person.
lia wrote:On another forum the response probably would have been, "No, no, don't try to kill yourself." Here it's, "That method of attempting suicide wouldn't work." :)

Self Diagnosed Schizoid PD
cobra cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:39 pm
Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby under ice » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:05 pm

You can be destructive both in the active sense and unintentionally, just by existing. You can trigger people without meaning to. Destructiveness isn't necessarily something that you do. Or is it?
under ice
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:39 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby EmpathySucks » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:23 am

under ice wrote:You can be destructive both in the active sense and unintentionally, just by existing. You can trigger people without meaning to. Destructiveness isn't necessarily something that you do. Or is it?

Some people cry about a slap. Others take a lot of hits and still fight back.

No excuse for being a pathetic weakling.
EmpathySucks
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm

Postby under ice » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:08 pm

EmpathySucks wrote:
under ice wrote:You can be destructive both in the active sense and unintentionally, just by existing. You can trigger people without meaning to. Destructiveness isn't necessarily something that you do. Or is it?

Some people cry about a slap. Others take a lot of hits and still fight back.

No excuse for being a pathetic weakling.

I wasn't thinking of you when I typed that, but now that you mention it...
under ice
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:39 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby merula » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:36 am

i feel like i have surrendered. without push or pull i return to those that have wronged me, without resistance. despite how "i" may have been hurt. that is self-destructive in nature. it doesn't matter. it does not come from a lack of self respect rather if i reflect, those past actions and emotions were like those of another thus are meaningless to me. i can't force myself to connect
merula
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:39 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post