Our partner

Do women go crazy for schizoids?

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: Do women go crazy for schizoids?

Postby EmpathySucks » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:06 pm

I dunno all about the ignoring them part. I say you gotta show 'em who's boss. Bitch gotta know her place.ty
EmpathySucks
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:58 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Kally » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:53 pm

EmpathySucks wrote:I dunno all about the ignoring them part. I say you gotta show 'em who's boss. Bitch gotta know her place.ty

And how is that working out for you? :roll:
Kally
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:58 am

Postby Acinorev » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:09 am

omg this thread, and in the schizoid section too. One would think that sexist and generalists is just something that most schizoid's wouldn't be.
Acinorev
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:58 am

Postby Ginnungagap » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:18 am

Acinorev wrote:omg this thread, and in the schizoid section too. One would think that sexist and generalists is just something that most schizoid's wouldn't be.

Some things to consider
1. I have been informed that not everyone who posts here is confirmed schizoid
2. Not everyone in this thread subscribes to the threadmaker's generalist position, so it is inaccurate to disregard those who have, in this very thread, condemned generalist thought processes
3. In any case, I have not heard that schizoids have any special resistance to developing irrational biases
Ginnungagap
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Michael5 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:00 pm

Maybe. when i walk on the streets, i try not to get attention, especially from girls. and it gives me more attention. i don't like it. i just want my dream girl, that's it. and many of the girls like me and tried hitting on me even but i refused everything. i think it very depends on how you look as well. and the rejecting part that no woman is allowed to be with you, makes them just want to be with you.
Michael5
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 pm

Postby CopperMoon » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:52 am

Well, for a totally honest and frank personal-experience-only answer:

I don't think it's aloofness or the deliberately ignoring me that perks up my interest. If anything, if someone is blatantly brushing me off or ignoring me, that would just make me feel really uncomfortable, and I wouldn't want to interact with them again.

However, when a cute guy (and that's a very subjective thing, being cute and all, of course) seems very quietly enraptured in something, or very focused into something / in his own world, I do happen to be a sucker for it.

Because (A) I'm curious, and my imagination starts running a bit wild, and then (B) if I think he is cute to boot, my imagination runs even wilder (shall we say).

My personal history is that I tend to fall pretty hard for Aspie guys, but there were also a few suspect-shcizoids throughout high school and college, as well, for whom I developed those creepy, stalker-like crushes.

But that doesn't mean I actually approach them and try to date them, because women like myself tend to be just that when we're twitterpated: the kind of crazy, stalkerish kind that never actually talk to you.

So if I'm part of some type of personality trend or something, then chances are there are Schizoid and Aspie men out there who have had dozens (or more) of admirers that they'll never know about (depending on how stealthy their stalkers were). :mrgreen:
CopperMoon
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby WayneS27 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:57 am

Acinorev wrote:omg this thread, and in the schizoid section too. One would think that sexist and generalists is just something that most schizoid's wouldn't be.

The truth isn't "sexist" and knowing that young women are attracted to displays of arrogance and aloofness in men is well known. Dr. Drew Pinsky has mentioned this on his radio program. Being a Schizoid doesn't mean you have to be blind to the behavior patterns of regular people.

-- Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:03 am --

Michael5 wrote:Maybe. when i walk on the streets, i try not to get attention, especially from girls. and it gives me more attention. i don't like it. i just want my dream girl, that's it. and many of the girls like me and tried hitting on me even but i refused everything. i think it very depends on how you look as well. and the rejecting part that no woman is allowed to be with you, makes them just want to be with you.

Exactly. The average guy is so focused on looking at women, talking to women, and hitting on women that they come across as desperate, it makes women think these guys aren't really confident and have nothing else going on in their lives which looks weak. Suddenly they see a guy who is ignoring them and he's in his own mental world and they wonder why...it suggests he has more personal power.
WayneS27
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby WayneS27 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:11 am

Ginnungagap wrote:

Some things to consider
1. I have been informed that not everyone who posts here is confirmed schizoid
2. Not everyone in this thread subscribes to the threadmaker's generalist position, so it is inaccurate to disregard those who have, in this very thread, condemned generalist thought processes
3. In any case, I have not heard that schizoids have any special resistance to developing irrational biases

Human behavior follows certain demographic patterns, hopefully Schizoids understand this, there's no such thing as a "generalist" position being discussed here, no one said "all women" they are speaking demographically and demographics aren't imaginary, if demographics weren't real product advertisers would never know who their target audience was or how to convince them to buy the product. TV shows are marketed around the idea of a target audience just the same, in board rooms a show is perceived as being a "female" or "male" show. The ABC Family channel markets their shows to teenage girls, they don't seek out 45 year old male viewers. If older males choose to watch these shows then the network doesn't care but the network doesn't seek out their viewership. Both female and male behavior follows various demographic patterns and much of our society functions on the basis of these recognized patterns, to deny this is to ignore reality. If you don't personally fit into these patterns then fine...that's wonderful...but you being you doesn't stop average people from being average and liking what average people tend to like whether they are male or female.
WayneS27
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Ginnungagap » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:10 am

I believe my post has been misunderstood. I was attempting to refute Acinorev's assertion that this thread demonstrated offensively sexist and/or generalist tones. I was also pointing out that I have not heard that schizoids are immune to being sexist or generalist, as a refutation of Acinorev's assumption that "I wouldn't think that schizoids would be..."

However, I certainly was not making my third point as a sort of veiled implication that I thought anyone here was demonstrating the bias in question. It was simply a statement that indicated that I am not aware of any evidence that would support Acinorev's assumption about the psychology of schizoids.

Now that I have hopefully clarified my own position, I will address WayneS27's post.
I never said there was a generalist position being taken here, aside from the threadmaker, only that generalist thought processes were being condemned, as people have repeatedly stated the obvious of "people are individuals."

One issue I see now with my post is that I used "Not Everyone" in point two instead of 'Almost nobody.' And I frankly doubt the legitimacy of anything written by "empathysucks.' In any case, this poor choice of words could be taken as support for Acinorev's inaccurate portrayal of the opinions in this thread, when in fact it was meant to be the opposite.

Finally, I hope it is clear that I do not view "noting trends" and "generalist" to be the same thing. "Generalist" thought processes involve treating individuals as though they are automatically part of a trend that demographics would predict they would follow, which is likely to lead to inaccuracies when reality breaks from prediction. As long as the concept of the "average" is applied on a mass scale like your example of TV marketing and not implemented on a personal level, I have no issue with it. Saying "The majority of observed people in X demographic react to Y in Z fashion" is accurate data. Saying "This individual in X demographic will react to Y in Z fashion" is where I take issue. Not that anyone has done this in this thread, as far as I remember.

Offtopic: I don't plan on making these tedious explanatory and clarifying posts a habit, it's simply that I have my own demographic information on how internet threads on this sort of topic tend to degenerate swiftly, and I would like to ensure that misunderstandings and poor communication do not lead to such an outcome.
Ginnungagap
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby whatluck » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:28 pm

From personal experience, I don't think we are any more preferable than any other type. I do think we have some qualities that are of interest to some women at least initially. Some women have given me their numbers or asked me out in a way that suggests that they are attracted by what it is that alienates me from the norm of society. I've worked side by side with people without divulging a single detail about my life outside of work and so some female co-workers have tried to pry this out of me usually unsuccessfully. Some women seem to be attracted to my apparent stability. I do not get angry when confronted with a hostile customer, I do not stress out when we fall behind, and etc. This is primarily an unintentional outward appearance as I do feel the stress and anger within but know the futility of expressing it. Hence, when things get bad, people turn to me and that in turn raises my status amongst other workers. It's for this reason, I think, that over time the vast majority of my co-workers and managers begin to treat me preferentially. This society of ours doesn't want complete people, it wants machines and we are the closest they will get for now. The consequence of this is an apparent "manliness" and "dependability" that, for me, attracts women with low self-esteem, single mothers, or those who have been gamed by other guys.

In the long run, I am usually found much too rigid and boring. My sex drive is extremely low and my idea of a good time is spent reading in a quiet spot amongst nature. I dislike every activity associated with modern dating -- TV, movies, dinner, clubs, etc. Women quickly realize how alien I really am and how the ambiguity of my nature allowed them to fill in the gaps with what they are really attracted to only to find that those qualities were not to be found in me.

I'm often described by women as "chill" and that apparently makes me likable. Perhaps this initial judgement and some physical attraction is all it takes to get the ball rolling so to speak, that is, until the ball hits against our walls and bounces back.

I will say there are women (and people in general) who absolutely hate me and those are the kind of people who see themselves as something better as if they are not merely humans like the rest of us. Often people who hold occupational positions or status above me and demand reverence for their chance luck will find none of that from me and in turn hate me for it. My current (female) boss has this predicament: she hates me for my perceived defiance by behaving as her equal yet I'm too hard of a worker to get rid of and is even begging me to take a promotion which I've declined several times. Our relationship is absurd and to be honest I don't know how long I can last before I quit the rat race for good whether by leeching off my relatives or self-destruction. Despite what I've read here and other places, we are not nearly as strong as we think. In fact, I'd say we are incredibly weak in coping with the human condition. The Spartans didn't erect walls around their cities, but we do. Were a woman to bypass our walls she'd be quite disappointed at what it was protecting and so I'd forget about the idea of finding a woman all together if I were to offer any advice. Though maybe a narcissistic element is in some of you and the mere act of acquiring someone's love is desirable despite the cruelty.
whatluck
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:58 am

PreviousNext

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post