Our partner

what's on your mind? (off-topic thread)

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: what's on your mind?

Postby Aqua Ex Nive » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:20 am

it's supposed to be, it's the schizoid forum.

seriously though, i think it was quite active lately.
"In one drop of water are found all the secrets of the oceans." ~Khalil Gibran
dx. schizoid/schizotypal
ex Feleanoctis
Aqua Ex Nive
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:00 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby A. Minimalist » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:57 am

Honestly, what is on my mind is coming to grips with myself and being alone for the rest of my life. I am 20% now, I would like to be 85-95% comfortable with that sooner rather than later. Not being completely comfortable with it is driving me mad, and part of the reason why I have been so down and low. The other bit is depression, anxiety, and paranoia, and my depressive episodes have been pretty bad as of late.

Things are safer, less stressful, and all around easier to deal with when I am alone and there is peace and quiet and I don't have to talk to people, or be seen by them and can be left the ###$ alone. But there is a small part of me who would like a female friend with benefits to talk to about problems and trade burdens, just a simple thing, and the possibility of having sex afterward. But it's all window dressing.

I can't trust people, or be vulnerable, place my trust in their hands, I have been burned too many times in the past doing that, and burned very badly, with the exception of my current therapist. i've tried twice this week to reach my therapist, and she has not returned my calls, calls were spaced out, one Monday and one today, and she normally gets back to me within a day or two. I need an appointment to talk about all of this, I hope nothing is wrong.

I did try talking about some of these things in these online listening rooms, but the listeners both disconnected on me in the middle of my chats. Apparently, opting to be a responsible person who pays his bills to keep a roof over his head to avoid being homeless and has sacrificed his social life because of it, and also because he cannot afford $#%^ on minimum wage because I failed at my chosen career that I went back to school for, makes me a bad person. Oh well, at least that lack of help was free.
A. Minimalist
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:00 am

Postby lindi » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:39 am

I have lately felt a boredom like never before :shock: And I who liked to think that I simply never get bored :? It's not a lack of ideas or inspiration either, in fact I've been able to continue writing a novel (well, I hope it will be one) every day for a while now, but the times when I'm done with the writing I feel like doing absolutely nothing except sleeping. In the evening I basically count the minutes until it's okay to go to bed, and end up going to bed stupidly early. It's... weird. I wonder if there's such a thing as too much alone time even for a schizoid, 'cause lately I've had absolutely nothing going on?
Dx: schizoid PD, ADD (inattentive), GAD
lindi
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:00 am

Postby creative_nothing » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:31 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/07/2 ... zophrenia/
Scientists find genetic ties to schizophrenia
Published July 22, 2014

Insel was especially excited about one study finding, that people with the most genetic markers were 15 times more likely to have schizophrenia than those with the fewest markers. He said he hoped that scientists can eventually develop a genetic test to identify young people at high risk for the disease, so they can be offered early treatment.
Dx. GAD
In the animal kingdom, the rule is, eat or be eaten; in the human kingdom, define or be defined
Thomas Szasz
creative_nothing
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:00 am

Postby Aqua Ex Nive » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:51 pm

interesting. very theoretical still, but maybe they can make something of that.

article wrote:Studies estimate that it costs $60 billion in the U.S. each year

because of course that's what's important. sry, just being paranoid again.
dx. schizoid/schizotypal
ex Feleanoctis
Aqua Ex Nive
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby creative_nothing » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:59 pm

Feleanoctis wrote:interesting. very theoretical still, but maybe they can make something of that.

This time they indentified the genes.

Because twin studies always led me to think about the possibility that those twins ,for instance, shared the genes of blue eyes, and therefeore would be better treated by society and would not develop schizophrenia later.

Than it would be indeed genetic. :lol:

article wrote:Studies estimate that it costs $60 billion in the U.S. each year

because of course that's what's important. sry, just being paranoid again.

The question is, the government spend $60 billion, and the industry profit the same 60$ billion. The government may want to cut their expenses, but the industry doent want it. Now who is more organized?

Maybe we should start a new thread out of it.

By the way, did you know that there were a hundred AIDS scientist on Malaysia Airlines Flight 17?
Just another conspiracy theory.
Dx. GAD
In the animal kingdom, the rule is, eat or be eaten; in the human kingdom, define or be defined
Thomas Szasz
creative_nothing
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Aqua Ex Nive » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:47 pm

lindi wrote:I have lately felt a boredom like never before :shock: And I who liked to think that I simply never get bored :? It's not a lack of ideas or inspiration either, in fact I've been able to continue writing a novel (well, I hope it will be one) every day for a while now, but the times when I'm done with the writing I feel like doing absolutely nothing except sleeping. In the evening I basically count the minutes until it's okay to go to bed, and end up going to bed stupidly early. It's... weird. I wonder if there's such a thing as too much alone time even for a schizoid, 'cause lately I've had absolutely nothing going on?

i think it's great you get some writing done. i still wish i could get started :lol: . i demand a signed copy when it's out.
i was actually thinking of something i saw in another forum i was active a while ago. since there are quite a few people here that say they would like to write, but can't work up the motivation. an "open" story anyone can participate in, someone writes a chapter or paragraph, someone else continues it, etc. i found it very interesting back then. i have no idea if something like that would work here, it was just a thought.
the boredom is probably just a phase, life goes up and down, even for those of us who stay in line most of the time. it might also be a mild depressive symptom? i hope it gets better for you.

Because twin studies always led me to think about the possibility that those twins ,for instance, shared the genes of blue eyes, and therefeore would be better treated by society and would not develop schizophrenia later.

there are definitely twins where one is schizophrenic and one is not. so it's quite interesting to find out more about which genes these are. i'm not an expert in genetics, i thought twins had basically the same genetic makeup anyway.

The question is, the government spend $60 billion, and the industry profit the same 60$ billion. The government may want to cut their expenses, but the industry doent want it. Now who is more organized?

Maybe we should start a new thread out of it.

there's no end to this. it works like this in everything the government and industry are involved, and the industry will always win, because money.

By the way, did you know that there were a hundred AIDS scientist on Malaysia Airlines Flight 17?
Just another conspiracy theory.

thanks :| i'm severely paranoid about international politics these days.
Last edited by Aqua Ex Nive on Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dx. schizoid/schizotypal
ex Feleanoctis
Aqua Ex Nive
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby SchizyOfAstora » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:50 pm

stirner wrote:By the way, did you know that there were a hundred AIDS scientist on Malaysia Airlines Flight 17?Just another conspiracy theory.

I was thinking the same thing here. Pharmaceutic Industry can't tolerate the idea of AIDS being cured and losing profits.
SchizyOfAstora
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby creative_nothing » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:59 pm

Feleanoctis wrote:

there are definitely twins where one is schizophrenic and one is not. so it's quite interesting to find out more about which genes these are. i'm not an expert in genetics, i thought twins had basically the same genetic makeup anyway.

There are two kinds of twins. Monozygotic or Identical and Dizygotic.

Dizygotic twins happens when the mother produces more than one egg cell. They are common brothers who happened to born at the same time. In rare cases, they can even have different fathers. Monozygotic twins are those that share the same genetic.

What they do is to compare the prevalence rates between Monozygotic and Dizygotic twins. If one Monozygotic twin has schizophrenia the odds of the other also having it, is lets say 70%. Now when a Dizygotic twin has schizophrenia the odds of the other also having it could be lets say 5%. With this in mind they know how much genetic schizophrenia or any other psychological or physical trait is.

But there is always a possibility that the relationship is not direct. Lets say that eating to many potatoes cause schizophrenia. And there is a gene makes people like potato. Then they will arrive at the conclusion that schizophrenia is genetic.
Dx. GAD
Thomas Szasz
creative_nothing
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby 1PolarBear » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:04 pm

article wrote:"This makes me more optimistic than I was yesterday," said American Psychiatric Association president Dr. Paul Summergrad, psychiatrist-in-chief at Tufts Medical Center.

1PolarBear
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:00 am

PreviousNext

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post