Our partner

What are your strongest emotions?

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: What are your strongest emotions?

Postby under ice » Thu May 15, 2014 7:08 pm

Love for my kid
Aesthetic pleasure
Amusement
Annoyance
Anxiety
Peacefulness
under ice
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:06 am
Blog: View Blog (7)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby roscid » Thu May 15, 2014 7:25 pm

Dezzi wrote:I am surprised you can all pinpoint the emotions so well.

I suppose for me it is irritation/annoyance and anxiety sometimes. I do not think I am angry but rather irritated/agitated/annoyed. I also cannot really relate to the concept of fear too much, which is why anxiety never sounded appropriate but for the lack of a better word I suppose this is what comes close enough.

I just feel so crowded and it annoys me.

Yes, yes, yes. Agree completely. Interesting how irritation/annoyance is so common among schizoids. That feeling of crowdedness must be a major factor.

under ice wrote:Aesthetic pleasure

That's a good one. I feel that as well but it is difficult to quantify how intensely I feel it; I can't seem to describe it as either "strong" or "weak."

Similarly, I do feel blissful sometimes. Like when it's quiet in my home and I'm laying on my bed looking at the tree outside my window blowing in the wind. It feels good.
roscid
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:06 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Dezzi » Thu May 15, 2014 8:14 pm

roscid wrote:Yes, yes, yes. Agree completely. Interesting how irritation/annoyance is so common among schizoids. That feeling of crowdedness must be a major factor.

Yes, I find it interesting too that there are many similarities in the replies.

roscid wrote:
under ice wrote:Aesthetic pleasure

That's a good one. I feel that as well but it is difficult to quantify how intensely I feel it; I can't seem to describe it as either "strong" or "weak."

Yeah, I can definitely relate to aesthetic pleasure as well. And I also agree, that I can't describe wether it's a strong one or not. I suppose it is mostly unconscious.

under ice wrote:Love for my kid

One question, if it isn't too personal: Are you able to show it as well?
I sometimes wonder what is worse: the triviality of human interaction or the fact that no one notices.
Dezzi
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:06 pm

Postby under ice » Fri May 16, 2014 4:45 am

Dezzi wrote:One question, if it isn't too personal: Are you able to show it as well?

Yes, never had any problem. I feel something similar for my nephews, but not as strong and I deal with them in a rational way, showing my feelings in indirect ways. I'd like to be able to express my love for them but the words won't come out.
under ice
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Dezzi » Fri May 16, 2014 6:09 pm

under ice wrote:
Dezzi wrote:One question, if it isn't too personal: Are you able to show it as well?

Yes, never had any problem. I feel something similar for my nephews, but not as strong and I deal with them in a rational way, showing my feelings in indirect ways. I'd like to be able to express my love for them but the words won't come out.

Interesting. I thought about how it would be having a kid someday. And I must say that - at least for now - I do not think I would be able to show it, even if I felt it. I think that kid would suffer from a distant mom. So for me, I came to the conclusion, that it would be irresponsible having a kid.
However, seeing your post, makes me wonder if that automatically changes once you actually have a kid...
I sometimes wonder what is worse: the triviality of human interaction or the fact that no one notices.
Dezzi
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby under ice » Fri May 16, 2014 8:36 pm

Dezzi wrote:
under ice wrote:

Interesting. I thought about how it would be having a kid someday. And I must say that - at least for now - I do not think I would be able to show it, even if I felt it. I think that kid would suffer from a distant mom. So for me, I came to the conclusion, that it would be irresponsible having a kid.
However, seeing your post, makes me wonder if that automatically changes once you actually have a kid...

In a way I'm distant, but I'm not rejecting, just absent-minded. At home I tend to zone out a lot, especially if I'm tired. Overcoming this consumes my energy, and then I'm even more prone to be mentally absent. My tendency to procrastinate is also a bit problematic, I disliked tight schedules in free time but I've had to learn to follow a regular rhythm. Ever since I separated from the dad I've felt that I've been unable to provide enough social contacts. We have no relatives in this part of the country and I only keep in touch with very few of them at any rate. These are my shortcomings. As a result, our life is rather quiet and slow-paced, but not completely without stimuli or social contacts. We share similar interests (music, books) and similar sense of humor. Since I go to work I have enough variation in life.

The hardest part for me was the beginning. Suddenly you are sharing your whole life with a baby, taking care of a person who loves and trusts you 100%. I'm glad I wasn't alone then. It didn't change me automatically... the love for a child keeps growing all the time and has many undertones. Sometimes I've felt really tired and frustrated too, but she's the most interesting and intriguing person ever, so I guess it's worth it after all.

Oh and it was nothing like I had imagined. I suppose it's impossible to predict what will happen naturally and what won't when it comes to parenthood.
under ice
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Dezzi » Sat May 17, 2014 8:21 am

under ice wrote:In a way I'm distant, but I'm not rejecting, just absent-minded. At home I tend to zone out a lot, especially if I'm tired. Overcoming this consumes my energy, and then I'm even more prone to be mentally absent. My tendency to procrastinate is also a bit problematic, I disliked tight schedules in free time but I've had to learn to follow a regular rhythm. Ever since I separated from the dad I've felt that I've been unable to provide enough social contacts. We have no relatives in this part of the country and I only keep in touch with very few of them at any rate. These are my shortcomings. As a result, our life is rather quiet and slow-paced, but not completely without stimuli or social contacts. We share similar interests (music, books) and similar sense of humor. Since I go to work I have enough variation in life.

The hardest part for me was the beginning. Suddenly you are sharing your whole life with a baby, taking care of a person who loves and trusts you 100%. I'm glad I wasn't alone then. It didn't change me automatically... the love for a child keeps growing all the time and has many undertones. Sometimes I've felt really tired and frustrated too, but she's the most interesting and intriguing person ever, so I guess it's worth it after all.

Oh and it was nothing like I had imagined. I suppose it's impossible to predict what will happen naturally and what won't when it comes to parenthood.

Yes, there's probably not much predictable about this situation, other than suddenly having to share your life, as you put it. It sounds to me like you're doing a good job. As long as your daughter is fine with the lifestyle you two have, that is. But it sounds like it.
I probably had in my mind: what if the child were to be extroverted? It would be torture for me. Ah but don't bother discussing, it'll lead nowhere discussing the nonexistence of a child.

Thanks anyway for the description of your family life, it was illuminative.
Dezzi
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Bitoven » Mon May 19, 2014 8:01 pm

Irritation and Love.

I love everyone and I'm irritated that they do not do the same to me or to everyone else. Heck they do not even know what it means to love themselves, hence I keep away from them. Most time when people come all lovey dovey they are looking for something, probably sex or favours ... so I keep away.
Bitoven
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:06 am

Postby EtherealStarlight » Tue May 20, 2014 5:14 pm

fear is the strongest for me!

i don't have any trouble at all feeling negative emotions, though. just positive ones.
EtherealStarlight
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:06 am

Postby lindi » Tue May 20, 2014 5:20 pm

EtherealStarlight wrote:i don't have any trouble at all feeling negative emotions, though. just positive ones.

Quite much like me, then. Isn't it nice? :evil:
Dx: schizoid PD, ADD (inattentive), GAD
lindi
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:06 am

PreviousNext

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views