Our partner

when does the schizoid personality starts?

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

when does the schizoid personality starts?

Postby Alligator9 » Wed May 07, 2014 3:34 pm

Some people say that you born being schizoid, I find it stupid, everyone born crying, and we just born hypersensitive, and schizoid personality is just a defense mechanism, the avoidant personality too
Antisocial personality for example is genetic, because the person who suffers it borns with cold feelings and low empathy, which gets more noticeable over the time, and it start when you are a child

But when does schizoid personality starts? Are there children in this world who doesn't enjoy playing with his friends? I were watching the children and thinking if anyone could be schizoid in the future, but everyone were playing, enjoying the company.

So, were you asocial when child? I started to isolate myself when I just was 10 years old, when I moved into another country and speaking their language was difficult to me so I preferred to being alone.
When I was smaller I never isolated myself and enjoyed the most of company. I looked very happy in the old photos
After the 10 years I felt uncomfortable speaking with people but I enjoyed playing with my friends.
Right now I'm the same, but I don't have any friends, speaking with other people is boring, and I prefer playing easy games like volleyball or hockey (i'm not good playing hard games like basketball, or football) and of course playing videogames by internet. What do you think?¿
Alligator9
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:37 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: when does the schizoid personality starts?

Postby davidivad » Wed May 07, 2014 3:56 pm

i remember playing in the fields with other kids and doing what kids do until i got to be around twelve or thirteen. i began having problems getting out what i wanted to say. i also became less popular at that age being the short guy out of everyone else. i eventually just isolated myself to a few friends and started lifting weights to make up the difference for being short. i had always wondered if there was something different about me from that age on. this was the age that my social anxiety disorder emerged. was it due to mistreatment from the kids? no, i was a different animal. :?
ask the right question and the answer is contained within.
davidivad
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (15)

Postby nprkntlny » Wed May 07, 2014 4:11 pm

Antisocial personality for example is genetic (I call BS. How do you know this???), because the person who suffers it borns with cold feelings and low empathy, which gets more noticeable over the time, and it start when you are a child

But when does schizoid personality starts? Are there children in this world who doesn't enjoy playing with his friends? (Not SPD) I were watching the children and thinking if anyone could be schizoid in the future, but everyone were playing, enjoying the company.
What you listed is not at all what SPD is. It's MAYBE indicative of SPD when taken into consideration with a range of other factors. For the love of god, please... understand that SPD is not just introversion.
nprkntlny
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Alligator9 » Wed May 07, 2014 5:00 pm

nprkntlny wrote:
Antisocial personality for example is genetic (I call BS. How do you know this???), because the person who suffers it borns with cold feelings and low empathy, which gets more noticeable over the time, and it start when you are a child

But when does schizoid personality starts? Are there children in this world who doesn't enjoy playing with his friends? (Not SPD) I were watching the children and thinking if anyone could be schizoid in the future, but everyone were playing, enjoying the company.
What you listed is not at all what SPD is. It's MAYBE indicative of SPD when taken into consideration with a range of other factors. For the love of god, please... understand that SPD is not just introversion.

So could you please explain what it is or you just came here to ###$ up?
davidivad wrote:i remember playing in the fields with other kids and doing what kids do until i got to be around twelve or thirteen. i began having problems getting out what i wanted to say. i also became less popular at that age being the short guy out of everyone else. i eventually just isolated myself to a few friends and started lifting weights to make up the difference for being short. i had always wondered if there was something different about me from that age on. this was the age that my social anxiety disorder emerged. was it due to mistreatment from the kids? no, i was a different animal. :?

wait, are you avpd or spd?
Alligator9
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby greenpurple » Wed May 07, 2014 5:12 pm

*mod edit*
Last edited by Remember Ronni on Wed May 07, 2014 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inappropriate comments
greenpurple
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:37 pm

Postby SchizyOfAstora » Thu May 08, 2014 6:57 am

When i was a child i was very "social" by society standards.I talked to everyone and was very curious about the world around me.But when i changed school (7th grade) i was very slow to make friends and was bullied constantly.
This continued until High school when people seemed to "grow up" and stopped with that.But i suffered from social anxiety which often leaded to failed communication,furthering the state of apathy.I think from high school is when the schizoid started to develop in my case.
SchizyOfAstora
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:37 am

Postby lindi » Thu May 08, 2014 7:13 am

I had mixed feelings about friends as a child. I was way more social back then, but still needed quite much alone-time. I used to be afraid of conflict, so at times I resented my friends because they didn't take the hint and leave me alone. But other times I really enjoyed playing with them - the part about making up elaborate imaginary worlds was most enjoyable to me!
Before junior high I learned to handle conflict by being stuck with a seemingly narcissist friend until I truly had enough.
And during junior high I hardly said a word to anyone except one friend (who was an extreme loner herself - in elementary school she always stood alone on recesses and now she just stood with me, often in silence). I still had some unrealistic fantasies about suddenly finding a true BFF, but my real classmates just didn't do - I saw them as hopelessly boring and beneath me (probably to defend my then-so-fragile self-esteem, more like AvPD style).
Later I regained a social life for some time though, but it was sort of unstable, and... that's not even childhood anymore, so I guess I'll stop before I've written a whole autobiography.
Dx: schizoid PD, ADD (inattentive), GAD
lindi
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby KevinG31 » Thu May 08, 2014 7:19 am

I was always more into my own thoughts and hobbies than interacting with other kids. At school I would talk to them but it was more about me talking about what I liked rather than really bonding with them as human beings and I would have been just as happy if they weren't around at all.
KevinG31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:37 pm

Postby smirks » Fri May 09, 2014 5:35 am

I think that I had some oddities of character that might have been early indicators, at least, that I was not going to be a profoundly social adult. I was a quiet baby. I was a fiercely independent kindergartener. I was quiet, and bookish, and shy, but very smart and determined in grade school. I played with other kids but never seemed to initiate it. I showed a lot of leadership qualities in high school, but was a little socially oblivious, and definitely did not enjoy inquiries about my social life from my family. I have never been the pursuer of a relationship with anyone.

At some point, it piles up and becomes a PD, because more than that, alone time becomes precious and you blow off social events with friends and family, which damages relationships (though I can't for the life of me remember being close to family), and you have a hard time networking and making positive contacts to have a prosperous career.
smirks
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:37 pm

Postby Merlinthehermit » Sat May 10, 2014 9:15 am

I can't say what I was like as a baby - 3 years old since I don't remember, but when I was at least 4 years old I remember doing my own thing and seeming to prefer my own company.

I think it's probably either extremely early development 4+ or you're born with it , I tend to think the former that it develops early and the behaviour is comfortable at that age and I think you stick with it unless you're encouraged by parent and teachers not to.

My teachers would always ask me to speak up, talk to them when I have problems etc, but I never did.
“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.”
― Mark Twain
Merlinthehermit
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Next

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post