Our partner

Sad video, could you don't cry?

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: Sad video, could you don't cry?

Postby Merlinthehermit » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:42 pm

Dice wrote:Interesting... That story didn't move me one bit.
Hopefully you don't always donate cash like that? Unless you can afford it.

Strangely, I don't seem to have a stable pattern of sensitivity. At times there are some things that can make me emote, and then there are some terrible things that leave me indifferent. Pretty unpredictable.

Well yeah that's just it, some things move me others don't .

In this case it was what I saw as extremely unfair circumstances, her inability to get treatment has a lot to do with a badly set up medical system here with waiting lists and politics.Rather than her situation being truly terminal.

Getting illness, then a baby followed by another bad illness is ridiculously unlikely however taken individually they are both treatable, but our doctors over here pretty much showed her the door.

As far as the money goes...well I tend to have more money than I need since I don't go and spend it constantly and don't have debts, as a consequence I'm in a position where I've got a solid 5 near 6 figure sum in cash and savings.

I'm not stupid with money, hardly anybody is debt free, has an average earning job AND has nearly a 1/10th of a million in the bank.
“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.”
― Mark Twain
Merlinthehermit
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:52 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby trine » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:19 pm

Damn, you lucky b@stard!
If you ever get so rich that you'll want to give away some of your cash for free... Lemme know, so I can give you my paypal addy. :wink:

For real though, it's pretty nice of you to donate some money to causes that affect you. Kudos.
trine
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:52 am

Postby Merlinthehermit » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:46 pm

Dice wrote:Damn, you lucky b@stard!
If you ever get so rich that you'll want to give away some of your cash for free... Lemme know, so I can give you my paypal addy. :wink:

For real though, it's pretty nice of you to donate some money to causes that affect you. Kudos.

Sure no problem, if I win the euro millions (about £150 million sometimes) I'll buy you a new house.

If I get a normal life it'll soon eat up all that money don't worry about that.

I mean think about it...would I have that money if I had a wife and kids and major commitments?
“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.”
― Mark Twain
Merlinthehermit
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby trine » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:25 am

Alright, then move your butt, buddy, and win all that money. I'm tots waiting for a new house.

You probably wouldn't have all that money, no.
But then, can money make you happy? Can money be a substitute for (fulfilling) human relationships? Now that's an interesting question, for schizoids especially.

(I'm tired as all hell, so I'm off to sleep, just so you know.)
trine
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:52 am

Postby Merlinthehermit » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:35 am

Dice wrote:Alright, then move your butt, buddy, and win all that money. I'm tots waiting for a new house.

You probably wouldn't have all that money, no.
But then, can money make you happy? Can money be a substitute for (fulfilling) human relationships? Now that's an interesting question, for schizoids especially.

(I'm tired as all hell, so I'm off to sleep, just so you know.)

I don't think money can replace anything non-material.

Money is a material thing that can only buy you material things.

It's just security, the more you got the better your MATERIAL existence will be, for as long as that money lasts of course.

Can't cure you psychologically, emotionally or spiritually.
By itself it is as valuable as a high score on an arcade machine.
― Mark Twain
Merlinthehermit
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Previous

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post