Our partner

The Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: WichitaLineman, IceBlock

The Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows

Postby A. Minimalist » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:41 pm

Was reading my twitter feed this afternoon, and I noticed a link that a musician I like had retweeted from someone else for this particular tumblr blog. Tumblr, being a site I usually pay no heed to, I guess I find sorrow interesting.

On this blog, there are some fascinating feelings described, and some of them seem to be inherently Schizoid in their descriptions. For example:
hiybbprqag:
n. the feeling that everything original has already been done, that the experiment of human culture long ago filled its petri dish and now just feeds on itself, endlessly crossbreeding old clichés into a radioactive ooze of sadness.

I feel like this just about everyday. Most days is sad, others are 'meh.' The sadness is mainly because the way this emotion is described into a 'going through the motions' kind of thing.

Anyone else?
A. Minimalist
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:07 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: The Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows

Postby smirks » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:19 pm

I like Tumblr....at least more than Twitter, anyway. There's something about twitter, the endless repetition of bland, generic, mostly meaningless quips and self-promotion that makes me feel....well, like that quote describes.

In any case, I remember distinctly feeling a little hiybbprqag this week -- not sure what I was talking about and with whom. It might have been movies, or television or something, but this person said something that made me wonder if people really have the opinions they have or whether they just endlessly parrot the things they hear.
smirks
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:07 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows

Postby under ice » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:27 pm

pâro

n. the feeling that no matter what you do is always somehow wrong—that any attempt to make your way comfortably through the world will only end up crossing some invisible taboo—as if there’s some obvious way forward that everybody else can see but you, each of them leaning back in their chair and calling out helpfully, colder, colder, colder.
under ice
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:07 am
Blog: View Blog (7)

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum