Our partner

Do you find extroverts to be "rude"?

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: WichitaLineman, IceBlock

Do you find extroverts to be "rude"?

Postby Kabuhi » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:10 pm

I finally got around to reading the shy-in-the-firelight website and the part about disaffected schizoids having a contempt for extroversion. Do you agree with the disaffected schizoid that extroverts are rude? Why might a schizoid find extroverted personalities to be so unappealing?
Serving healthy doses of truth since 1996.
Kabuhi
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Do you find extroverts to be "rude"?

Postby Nick_J » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm

Kabuhi wrote:I finally got around to reading the shy-in-the-firelight website and the part about disaffected schizoids having a contempt for extroversion. Do you agree with the disaffected schizoid that extroverts are rude? Why might a schizoid find extroverted personalities to be so unappealing?

Glad you enjoyed it. I found Shy-In-The-Firelight a wonderful resource, but I couldn't find hide-nor-hair of how to contact the author to thank them.

As for extroverts, they're not rude as a rule, but lots of them are uncouth: Impatient, loud-mouthed, intrusive and thoughtless. That doesn't make them rude, it just makes them annoying to people like us.
Good and bad are extremes, yet one and the same, linked in a never ending circle. If you accept that, then misery can be your biggest dream, happiness your biggest nightmare.”
Nick_J
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby LoneWanderer » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:40 pm

I don't think extroverts are significantly ruder than introverts. I think that if you split the general population into introverts and extroverts, you're going to find plenty of annoying assholes in each group.
LoneWanderer
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Anepsios » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:41 pm

Well, since extroverts like talking and stuff, it is likely they would think the same goes for everyone else, and try to get the silent "shy" guy/gal to open up. To a schizoid that would be annoying. Most are also easy-going, meaning they get very familiar very quickly, which may be seen by a schizoid as an intrusion to his personal space. It's the opposite of why a schizoid would seem rude to an extrovert.

But it is usually a matter of what expectations one has from others, and what his/her stance towards socializing is. It would even be possible, but rather rare, that an introvert/extrovert would consider his own kind to be rude.
Anepsios
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby exquisitecorpse » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:12 pm

I do find extroverts to be rude, although I feel a little hypocritical saying so since I have extroverted moments. The thing that bothers me the most is that they are always pushing introverts to be more like them. If I'm quiet, it's by choice, leave me the frack alone! Instead they see introversion as some sort of social affliction that I "need assistance" with. That unrequested prodding is discusting.
exquisitecorpse
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:18 am

Postby EmpathySucks » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:59 pm

A matter of perception. Free bullet giveaway to anyone who pisses me off.
EmpathySucks
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:18 pm

Postby R0b K » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:10 am

assholes r assholes but the biggest 'jags' i came 2 meet in my travels all tended 2 be introverted...
R0b K
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:18 pm

Postby Greatem » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:42 am

i expect introverts to have the capability to be bigger assholes, because they talk with people less and don't need them so much, so they can be bigger assholes.
of course its all subjective and anyone can seen rude to someone else for anything.
if you see most or all extroverts to be rude, some extroverts will think the same for most or all introverts.
Greatem
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:18 pm

Postby ApathySchizoid » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:00 pm

I don't really find them rude, but some of them are annoying and predictable.
ApathySchizoid
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:18 pm

Postby Svion » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:08 pm

Well, someone is certainly taking the terms and firms all bonked up by 'us' and 'them'. That's really interesting. To answer the question, yes.
There is no such thing as moral justification. Guilty until proven not human.
Svion
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:18 pm

Next

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post