Our partner

3 things a schizoid must do do survive.

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: WichitaLineman, IceBlock

3 things a schizoid must do do survive.

Postby NoFeelings » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:29 pm

There's this great spanish psychologist and also a schizoid himself.

I read him 6 years ago, and i'd like to share, it was very instructive for me back then, and i guide my life since then based on it.

He has a 3 step must do for any schizoid to survive well:

1) SELF-KNOWLEDGE OF THE SITUATION AND DETAILS OF THE SCHIZOID PERSONALITY etc...
2) HAVE YOUR OWN SOURCES OF MONEY
3) CONTROL WELL YOUR SOCIABILITY.

this third one is more like this:

try to have a decent network of people but be careful to not open too much. have some interaction. it is necessary or at least it is important. but not so much.

in other words:

read a lot about schizoid. and about psychology in general. i would also add that it is important to read books teaching how to deal with people. such as this one: http://www.amazon.com/Judo-Words-Intell ... 1853435325

This is a handbook for verbal self-defence. It describes the techniques for protecting and defending oneself effectively in challenging communication situations, and how to shorten hostile interchanges, and to stop provocations. It gives constructive alternatives to being tongue-tied and feeling powerles in the face of aggression, teaches how to shorten angry interchanges and how to gracefully exit an argument, how to give a verbal riposte without getting emotionally too involved, and how to build an invisible mental "shield" that serves to protect our integrity.

and books like how to deal with a stupid boss. how to deal with hard headed persons. etc. those books are nice for us, who have difficult time at relating with people.

step 2:

work and study hard in order to be good at something to have your own money.

this is simple.

obviously, try to chose something u rejoice and will have solid opportunities.
Marry me, Juliet, you'll never have to be alone.
I love you, and that's all I really know.
I talked to your dad ‒ go pick out a white dress
It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes".
NoFeelings
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:24 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: 3 things a schizoid must do do survive.

Postby NoFeelings » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:53 pm

thats that HE says.

i added just my interpretation and a few things.

those are practical and objective hints.

Would you add any other?

Personally, i have learned that - pretty much like the schizophrenic - the schizoid also does not care much about physical appearence.

so i would add a 4th.

Take care of your image. Dont allow your room be a mess. Dont allow ur house be a mess. your clothes, your hair. etc.

Personal Marketing books could help too. It helps anyone, why not us?
Marry me, Juliet, you'll never have to be alone.
I love you, and that's all I really know.
I talked to your dad ‒ go pick out a white dress
It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes".
NoFeelings
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby anhedonia » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:48 pm

seems like basic things everyone needs to have. Self-knowledge, income, and control. Whoohoo good book dude. About appearance, why should ! care again?
anhedonia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby EmpathySucks » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:02 pm

1) Eat
2) Drink
3) Sleep
EmpathySucks
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:24 am

Postby athwart » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:05 pm

Everybody should work to have their own sources of money. I have no respect for people who can work, but choose to rely on others.

I'm not a dick though. If you need help from welfare or charity due to some unforseen circumstance, OK. But, when you choose to be weak and rely on your friends and family for money, I can respect that.

NoFeelings wrote:There's this great spanish psychologist and also a schizoid himself.

I read him 6 years ago, and i'd like to share, it was very instructive for me back then, and i guide my life since then based on it.

He has a 3 step must do for any schizoid to survive well:

1) SELF-KNOWLEDGE OF THE SITUATION AND DETAILS OF THE SCHIZOID PERSONALITY etc...
2) HAVE YOUR OWN SOURCES OF MONEY
3) CONTROL WELL YOUR SOCIABILITY.

this third one is more like this:

try to have a decent network of people but be careful to not open too much. have some interaction. it is necessary or at least it is important. but not so much.

in other words:

read a lot about schizoid. and about psychology in general. i would also add that it is important to read books teaching how to deal with people. such as this one: http://www.amazon.com/Judo-Words-Intell ... 1853435325

This is a handbook for verbal self-defence. It describes the techniques for protecting and defending oneself effectively in challenging communication situations, and how to shorten hostile interchanges, and to stop provocations. It gives constructive alternatives to being tongue-tied and feeling powerles in the face of aggression, teaches how to shorten angry interchanges and how to gracefully exit an argument, how to give a verbal riposte without getting emotionally too involved, and how to build an invisible mental "shield" that serves to protect our integrity.

and books like how to deal with a stupid boss. how to deal with hard headed persons. etc. those books are nice for us, who have difficult time at relating with people.

step 2:

work and study hard in order to be good at something to have your own money.

this is simple.

obviously, try to chose something u rejoice and will have solid opportunities.
athwart
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:24 pm

Postby Kabuhi » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:57 pm

athwart wrote:Everybody should work to have their own sources of money. I have no respect for people who can work, but choose to rely on others.

I'm not a dick though. If you need help from welfare or charity due to some unforseen circumstance, OK. But, when you choose to be weak and rely on your friends and family for money, I can respect that.

I can still respect people who can work but choose to rely on others because there are some jobs that maybe I could do but honestly I wouldn't want to do in a million years because of some danger or environment aspect. I'm not really a "personal responsibility" addict though because I know that sometimes people are forced into situations that are beyond their control. At the same time a society can't function without some form of human labor, so it's important to try and deter people from relying solely on welfare or charity services.
Serving healthy doses of truth since 1996.
Kabuhi
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post