Our partner

Psych medictations are evil

Schizoaffective Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Psych medictations are evil

Postby Strange Girl » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:15 pm

This is Banafishbones, and this is a rant because I can't take this pain anymore. I stopped taking that seroquel on the 29th of July and I'm still having pains in my kidney. I'm tempted now to just stop taking my Zoloft too and not take these psych meds anymore. They don't help anyway. When I was on the seroquel I still had paranoid thoughts. It didn't do anything but hurt my kidney. Now I think this Zoloft might be continuing the damage to my kidney.

Psych meds are evil. All they do is ruin your mind and your body. I keep reading stories about how people go crazy on psych meds or worse, they end up dying because of them. Why risk the chance of this happening? No more psych meds for me. I don't care what my therapist or doctor says. I'm through with them.
Strange Girl
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Psych medictations are evil

Postby shyamprakashr » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:05 pm

I suggest u take opinion of your psychiatrist before stopping the medications.I have tried to go off medications twice and it backfired on me.I started getting voices back and my symptoms worsened.
shyamprakashr
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:29 pm

Postby aitchy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:45 pm

Tests for other underlying conditions can be helpful. I'm also familiar with the horrible time of trial and error, trying to find medication and dosage that is beneficial. With anti-psychotic drugs, its not predictable which one will help an individual.

Hence the importance of monitoring and consultation. Write daily logs and score symptoms. Let healthcare staff identify any trends.

For me, it was the third anti-psychotic I tried which helped. However all three are well-regarded atypical anti-psychotics.
aitchy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:29 pm

Postby Neone » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:45 am

I'm not a doctor or a mental patient.

But I look at meds such as anti psychotics like this:

I think meds that reduce hallucinations and delusions are useful in the regard that they can bring someone back from their own isolated world. If someone is lost in their schizo land well then an anti psychotic can bring them back usually, and perhaps for a short period. This period is a point where therapy can more effectively be administered and positive self thoughts, creativity, hobbies can be cultivated.

I know there are chemicals out there that would be alot better than the ones we currently have, and therapies too.

If you can deal with your condition without medication I'm all for it.

If you cannot deal with your condition without medication, then you should be trying your best to cultivate a positive inner world (medication sometimes can provide a good resting period for this to happen, side affects considered of course). This can spread to your hallucinations making them positive (i.e. jesus, god, angels) and rid you of delusions.

But it's seen as hard to do this ^^^^^ because alot of the stigma behind psychosis.

This stigma can be in the minds of the patients themselves.

But also since stress can trigger psychotic episodes, i can see how it would automatically program your hallucinations to be ones produced by the negativity of stress (i.e. demons, bad voices.)

But what programs a hallucination to be positive?
Love programs the subconscious to create positive hallucinations.

So the number one ingredient to healing is Love.

Things that can streamline a person to a path of Love are important to the sensitive condition of a psychotic person.

-- Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:52 pm --

Wow reading that through. ^^^^^

It seems i forgot to mention how terribly debilitating some medications can be.

This is over long periods, usually.

If you are taking a med for a year or longer you generally can start to see side effects.

of course most anti psychotics have weight gain, tardive dyskinesia, tremors.

but there are med specific ones such as with Clozapine's side effect of Hyperglycemia.

also all anti psychotics have withdrawals. Which is why you should taper off of them, or perhaps *i'm not sure* tolerance is the same across some anti psychotics with others so you can maybe switch from one to an other immediately.

Either way long term medication with anti psychotics, anti depressants, and the like:

Well you are putting a chemical that is foreign to the body, inside of the body for a long period of time, this will without a doubt eventually be toxic in some way.
Neone
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:29 am

Return to Schizoaffective Disorder