Our partner

The 7 Stages of Grief after the end of a relationship

Open Discussions about Relationship Issues.

Moderators: xdude, mark1958

Re: The 7 Stages of Grief after the end of a relationship

Postby eye_aint_got_no_body » Tue May 22, 2012 7:32 am

andyking8484 wrote:Time is the only remedy that works. As time passes, pain and grief are also pass by.

I agree.

It may take a month, 6 months, a year or longer (usually around 6 months for me if it was a real relationship), but one morning you'll wake up and it won't hurt quite so bad.

It gets easier after that.
The further I get from the things I care about, the less I care about how much further away I get.
eye_aint_got_no_body
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:25 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby LakeDude » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:15 pm

My heart goes out to you, EarlyMorning. I know someone that is going through the same situation....I was actually dating her and dealing with that side of her situation. Sounds like you are on the right track!!! Chin-up...good luck!

EarlyMorning wrote:im now in shock/anger/denial/depression in my heart but acceptance and hope in my head. Its a strange juxtaposition.

I'm in therapy now. Without it my head would be where my heart still is. But I know Im on the right path now and my heart will eventually catch up.
LakeDude
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:25 pm

Postby Ruby claire » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:04 pm

The points which you have mentioned above are totally true and also i have seen some people ending up there relationship due to exact reasons which you have given above ! anyway Thanks for your great share !
Ruby claire
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:25 pm

Postby ok-so_now_what » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:59 am

redbluemartin wrote:Unbelievable how people can do such things to eachother.

Why leave someone feeling lonely?

What if staying with them makes you lonely?
ok-so_now_what
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:25 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby DawnDavis » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:12 pm

I just don't know what stage I am in anymore, I am depressed and keep daydreaming he will contact me. After a month of no contact I went and sent him a short message saying "Thought of you hope you doing well". Well he did bother replying and I found out that the day I moved out he had already been seeing somebody else while we were sorting out me moving out.

I just wish I could get over him and really don't know how I guess it does not help when you have BPD.

When I heard he had a new girlfriend it felt like somebody put a knife straight through my heart it hurt. Then I heard he is looking terrible and not shaving and I felt sorry for him and that is when sent that message but no response.
DawnDavis
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:25 pm

Postby accessecology123 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:20 pm

1. SHOCK & renunciation-
You will likely answer to discovering of the decrease with numbed doubt. You may deny the reality of the loss at some grade, in order to avoid the agony. Shock presents emotional defence from being swamped all at one time. This may last for weeks.

2. PAIN & GUILT-
As the shock wears off, it is restored with the suffering of unbelievable agony. whereas excruciating and nearly intolerable, it is significant that you know-how the pain fully, and not hide it, bypass it or get away from it with alcoholic beverageic beverage or pharmaceuticals.

You may have guilty sentiments or remorse over things you did or didn't do with your loved one. Life feels chaotic and scary throughout this stage.

3. ANGER & BARGAINING-
annoyance gives way to anger, and you may lash out and lay unwarranted accuse for the death on somebody additional. delight try to command this, as enduring damage to your relationships may result. This is a time for the issue of bottled up emotion.

You may rail against destiny, questioning "Why me?" You may furthermore try to cut-rate in vain with the powers that be for a way out of your despair ("I will never drink again if you just convey him back")

4. "DEPRESSION", REFLECTION, LONELINESS-
Just when your associates may believe you should be getting on with your life, a long time span of miserable reflection will expected overtake you. This is a normal stage of grief, so do not be "talked out of it" by well-meaning outsiders. support from other ones is not helpful to you during this stage of grieving.

During this time, you eventually realize the factual magnitude of your decrease, and it depresses you. You may isolate yourself on purpose, contemplate on things you did with your lost one, and aim on memories of the past. You may sense sentiments of emptiness or despair.

7 Stages of sorrow.

5. THE up TURN-
As you start to adjust to life without your costly one, your life becomes a little calmer and more coordinated. Your physical symptoms lessen, and your "depression" starts to raise slightly.

6. RECONSTRUCTION & employed THROUGH-

As you become more purposeful, your brain begins working afresh, and you will find yourself searching realistic answers to problems posed by life without your loved one. You will start to work on practical and financial troubles and reconstructing yourself and your life without him or her.

7. ACCEPTANCE & wish-

throughout this, the last of the seven phases in this sorrow form, you discover to accept and deal with the truth of your position. Acceptance does not inevitably signify instant happiness. granted the agony and turmoil you have experienced, you can never return to the carefree, calm YOU that existed before this tragedy. But you will find a way ahead.
accessecology123
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby GoMaricela » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:19 pm

It seems like grief is everlasting. However, me and my family have been helping a friends get over the death of his son. It has been so hard. I realize that the support we give him has helped tremendously. I am so grateful for the support I am able to give him. Even though it does not bring his son back, it still allows him to forget about it for a little. I EDITED FOR SPAM on this blog about choosing a psychologist, that people that dwell and spend too much time on any step of the grief process will take much longer to move on to the next step.
Last edited by masquerade on Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: SPAM
GoMaricela
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby lovepowerrespect » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:01 am

thanks for a very great post. truly letting go or losing someone that has been special to you requires a hard time in recovering. but it's part of life. we should know how to mange that . :)
lovepowerrespect
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Confoozle » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:21 pm

Well...I would get over mine, it was mostly my fault, being depressed alot and sometimes un-understanding..I know its what's best for him. But a few days ago he sent a long text apologizing for all the harsh words he sent me the day before, and the fact that we would never get back together..And again yesterday he told me he never wanted to see me -.- So you can say I'm going through them all once again..
ADHD, Tons of emotional changes, and just overall nutty.
Confoozle
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Ziesha008 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:32 am

well, I remember when I had break up, I cope up with being busy. So according to me, busy yourself.
Ziesha008
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

PreviousNext

Return to Relationship Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post