Our partner

When 2 people love each other BUT it cant work out.

Open Discussions about Relationship Issues.

Moderator: Otter

When 2 people love each other BUT it cant work out.

Postby ctlguy260 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:17 am

I am having a very hard time coming to grips that my EXGF and I cannot make a relationship work. We have a VERY strong connection, and have admitted that we both feel comfortable more than anyone else in the past. We know that there are feelings there and we love each other but we have been off an on for a year.

Background- She was married and it was bad, with a little abuse and addict. She is still bitter at her ex after 8 years and he still tries to cause trouble with the kids. Well when she pulls apart is when things get good, and too close for comfort. This last time she said she is not healthy for a realtionship and we should be friends. We are fairly intimate just prior but she would say no to sex, as she stated she needs to be careful and doesnt want to get hurt.

I know and she admitted that THIS is about FEAR. Fear drives our decisions. Well I finally said that being friends (after 3 weeks) while we have feelings (or at least me) cant be. As friends, it was just as great with no intimacy of course, but still flirting some.

Now after I said this. She said that the reason we cant be together is that her feelings has changed and she does love me but not in any physical way. Before she said it was bad timing.

ANYWAY-- that may sound like a rambling but I need to vent and hear others opinions.
ctlguy260
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: When 2 people love each other BUT it cant work out.

Postby zeraphine » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:34 am

Maybe she really loves to be with you but are not in love with you... not in the way you want her to be.
You might be her "safe zone", you might make her feel safe and happy. So she loves you... But she might not love you like a man, i mean... not to date, not as boyfriend 100%... maybe.
"Don't cry for yesterday, it was meant to be this way" - Lauri Ylonen
zeraphine
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Relationship Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post