Our partner

My girlfriend said she wants me to fill her dad's shoes

Open Discussions about Relationship Issues.

Moderator: Otter

My girlfriend said she wants me to fill her dad's shoes

Postby Jt787 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:57 pm

We had an incident 5 months ago, where we were both drunk and making out in the car and then we were caught by the police. I live in a country where PDA is illegal and drinking is illegal. Anyway, so the cop asks us for ID and she threw a huge tantrum at the cop and he forced her out of my car. I simply just froze and didn't know what to do at the time, and so I just walked out of the car and they were going crazy, he was holding her by her hair and trying to put her in the cop car. Eventually we broke up after that and then we got back together a month later.

5 months later, she brought up the notion that I don't defend her enough, and that when guys talk about her or they hit on her, that I don't really do much to protect her. Basically I hear about a new story about some guy flirting with her or talking behind her back 3 times a week. She basically expects me to be more defensive and act like her 'dad' and to fill his shoes. She also said that she doesn't feel safe around me.

I have tried to be more direct lately and I have spoken to a few guys that have hit on her and whom have spoken about her behind her back, but it's not in my nature to be a conflict sort of guy and usually a more peaceful way of resolution.

Does this make me any less of a man? I'm just so confused, because she's a good girl, caring, loving, and loyal, but she has a devilish & attention seeking side to her which drives me off the wall. I have done everything I could to show her that I care about her, but it's just this thing that ticks her off it seems and we both can't come to a conclusion at the moment.

Should I just break up with her? I've been with her for 8 months now. I don't want to give her false hopes or promises, and I told her that she should just go date a 'macho' man, and she then said that if she wanted then she could do that...

Help.. :!:
Jt787
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: My girlfriend said she wants me to fill her dad's shoes

Postby shock_the_monkey » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:07 am

the incident with the cop sounds like she was completely out of order, and you should basically tell her so.

as for guys hitting on her, surely it's up to her to handle them. or does she actually want a boyfriend that's possessive? i rather imagine that if you were that kind of boyfriend, she'd have a problem with that too. ditto guys talking about her. also, unless you actually witness such incidents, you've only got her word for what happened. that can be both misleading and dangerous.

personally, i think she's got rather a lot of growing up to do. and you trying to step in for her all the time isn't going to encourage her to do it. she needs to be a lot more mature and stop making a scene about things that appear to be trivial. women get hit on. people talk about other people. this is life.

she seems to be making a drama out of these situations just to have something to beat you up about. perhaps the next time she does this you should ask her what her real problem is, because i find it hard to believe that she expect you to fight all her battles for her.
something knocked me out' the trees
now i'm on my knees
... don't you know you're gonna shock the monkey

there is one thing you must be sure of
i can't take any more
... don't you know you're gonna shock the monkey

don't like it but i guess i'm learning

... shock the monkey to life
shock_the_monkey
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:16 pm