Our partner

Need help with big disagreement?

Open Discussions about Relationship Issues.

Moderator: Otter

Need help with big disagreement?

Postby kelsey_042013 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:19 am

My fiance thinks that it isn't ok for me to leave the house at night after I put our son to bed to go to see any friends, or go out to my local kava bar. (kava is a kind of tea made from a root causing relaxation, it is a natural dopamine stimulant basically.) So I will spend all day at home, most nights I dont even go out but recently I have been going every night, but that is because we have been going through a bad spot in our relationship and it isnt working out anymore. He literally gets mad at me ANYTIME I go ANYWHERE unless its out with him, to the store, and sometimes to yoga. He told me tonight that "that is not a normal way to act when youre a Mother and if you're gonna be a wife". I would agree, if I was going out partying. But all Im doing is having a social life outside of my relationship life. And I honestly think he needs to do the same. Its not healthy to be around the same person ALL the time.. Anyways, I need advice on this
kelsey_042013
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:28 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Need help with big disagreement?

Postby MapleSyrup » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:45 pm

kelsey_042013 wrote:My fiance thinks that it isn't ok for me to leave the house at night after I put our son to bed to go to see any friends, or go out to my local kava bar. (kava is a kind of tea made from a root causing relaxation, it is a natural dopamine stimulant basically.) So I will spend all day at home, most nights I dont even go out but recently I have been going every night, but that is because we have been going through a bad spot in our relationship and it isnt working out anymore. He literally gets mad at me ANYTIME I go ANYWHERE unless its out with him, to the store, and sometimes to yoga. He told me tonight that "that is not a normal way to act when youre a Mother and if you're gonna be a wife". I would agree, if I was going out partying. But all Im doing is having a social life outside of my relationship life. And I honestly think he needs to do the same. Its not healthy to be around the same person ALL the time.. Anyways, I need advice on this

There is your SON inbetween both of you. The safety, the welfare and interest of the son is the first priority.
MapleSyrup
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:28 am

Postby kelsey_042013 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:19 pm

i obviously know that... im a mother before anything. i go out AFTER my son is in bed, after i spend all day taking care of him, cooking dinner, cleaning house, laundry etc... i needed advice on if this behavior is acceptable or if I need to stay at home all the time.. a reasonable compromise.
kelsey_042013
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:28 am

Postby MapleSyrup » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:34 pm

kelsey_042013 wrote:i obviously know that... im a mother before anything. i go out AFTER my son is in bed, after i spend all day taking care of him, cooking dinner, cleaning house, laundry etc... i needed advice on if this behavior is acceptable or if I need to stay at home all the time.. a reasonable compromise.

How old is your son? If too young, do you trust his father to look after him in your absence? I mean is he capable of caring? Most men, thu can be loving but uncapable of replacing mom?

Is there mutual trust between both of you? Do you love each other?
MapleSyrup
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:28 am

Return to Relationship Forum