Our partner

Zero Experience

Open Discussions about Relationship Issues.

Moderator: Otter

Zero Experience

Postby AeolianRage » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:21 pm

I am a gay male who is about to turn 27. To date, I have never been in a relationship with a woman or man. I went on my first date 4 years ago...nothing became of it. I went on my second date almost a year ago. We hung out a couple times and then he decided that he wasn't in a place to come out or be in a relationship. Right now all I see are the numbers of my age increasing coupled with watching my Facebook page blow up with wedding and pregnancy announcements. I enjoy seeing my friends happy and am always there to wish them well.

However, I feel like my mind is trying to split in two. A part of me is saying "It's not going to happen. Give up the dream and focus on school and starting your career." Which is great advice and I am back in school. But I feel like I am making my own roadblocks.The other half is holding on saying "It'll happen". I'm so totally lost in self-doubt right now. I wouldn't know where to even look for a guy. I am not a club person and couldn't imagine finding someone via that avenue. There aren't any gay guys at my job. I don't have any gay friends.

I guess I am just wondering if there is still a chance. Am I coming off too negative? I think I am, but people (co-workers & friends) always tell me that I come off really nice and friendly. I know that my weight is one of my downfalls, I understand that and am trying to work on it. Not sure if I am looking for a reality check here or some reassurance. But I'm tough, I can take it.
AeolianRage
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:03 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Relationship Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post