Our partner

I don't know what to do...

Open Discussions about Relationship Issues.

Moderator: Otter

I don't know what to do...

Postby ItsMee » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:03 am

I am madly in love with my boyfriend and we have been dating for almost two years now. We have both always been so close and so in love, but recently I have become so overly attached to him and I think it's starting to cause him to back off and distance himself. Everyone tells me I need to distance myself too and not make myself so available because coming off as too attached will cause him to run away, but I can't do that. I CANT distance myself. I don't want to distance myself. I can't keep myself busy long enough when we are away and I'm afraid anytime I text him or complain that I miss him that it will annoy him and make him lose interest in me. I feel like anything I do, whether I attach myself too much or whether I try to distance myself too much, I'm going to ruin our relationship. I am constantly in pain thinking and worrying. I love him so much and I worry that maybe i'm causing him to love me less. How can I love one person SO much? I hurt. I hurt so much. My head feels like it's going to explode everyday. I just want to be with the person I love, why can't it be that simple? Why must this be so hard like a game?
I love him.
ItsMee
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I don't know what to do...

Postby xdude » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:05 pm

Hi ItsMee,

Here is another possible way to look at the situation -

Yes game playing is not so great, but a harder question to consider?

Is it possible to be too attached/dependent on someone? I don't mean just because it may cause him to run, and back-off (though that's possible), but for your own sake and sense of happiness?
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
xdude
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:07 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Relationship Forum