Our partner

Suddenly ignoring me and says he doesn't want to talk to me

Open Discussions about Relationship Issues.

Moderator: Otter

Suddenly ignoring me and says he doesn't want to talk to me

Postby Hello2u » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:10 pm

So I have known this guy I live near for 2 years. I am a terribly shy person but over the years, he somehow got me so comfortable and trusting, I opened up and became more outgoing around him. He would almost always initiate convos with me and do nice things for me and my family and pets. Everything seemed awesome.... he even introduced me to his best neighbor buddy (who my family had "hated" for years) and opened up a whole new world for me in a sense.

Shortly after that intro, his buddy and wife invited me to see a dog at their house. I was so excited to tell him, and when I finally got to, I wanted to get to the story so bad and was so shocked these people were actually talking to me that I blurted out "Did you talk to _ & _ about me?" I did not at all mean it badly but he replied with "No, Why" then we kept chatting so I didn't think much of it but after that chat, he seemingly began to avoid me

About a month later, I approached him and asked him a question which he answered and he said hi back to me, but I asked if he was mad and he said no. However he was busy and the chat didn't go beyond that. A few times after that he would wave if he saw me

Then I just wasn't sure if he was going through something (he spent tons of time inside and had no company over and he lives alone) so I didn't think much of it but I noticed he had this cool item my brother wanted, near his garbage one day and since we rarely see each other I left a note asking if he was getting rid of them and if I could pay for them if so. He never answered but they were still there, so a few days later, he was out and I asked him in person and he outright ignored me. I asked him (probably not the best way to say it but I tend to just blurt $#%^ out when I am nervous) "Is there a reason why you wont talk to me?"

He said "I don't want to and I don't want to play your games"

This has left me stunned and with someone with anxiety, it has messed with my mind like crazy. I know everyone says "move on" "let him be" etc but its extremely hard when he is RIGHT there daily and he talks to everyone around here but me, including our mutual "friends"

I know he says he doesn't want to talk but I feel that I badly need to somehow thank him because I never got to and maybe what I said angered him, idk. I want to be civil, and not feeling this horrible sickness and akwardness when I am outside. Is it ok to "Wave" or say hi still?

Is there any way I can try to resolve this? Maybe get a mutual neighbor involved somehow? I never had this kind of connection before and its taking its toll on me, esp when I have no answers. I can't stop hating myself for messing up :(

Please help. (I know its long, sorry!)
Hello2u
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:59 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Suddenly ignoring me and says he doesn't want to talk to me

Postby sillybunny84 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:44 am

From what you mentioned it seems like you did nothing wrong at all. We are so quick to blame ourselves , If you did something to upset him or make him think differently about you he should have had the courage to say " I don't want to talk to you because .... " .
I am not sure if this person is just your friend or a lover but it might be that they have commitment issues or just got bored of you and want the easy way out which is to act like you're wrong and playing non-existing "games" , if you love someone , care for them and value their friendship you would tell them why you're upset.

I can't say I am like you in the sense that for me if someone doesn't want to talk to me and tell me what I did wrong than I immediately am turned off by the immaturity of the person and the situation however with that being said I know how you feel I have a few close friends that would be going crazy at similar situations .

I say do not get anyone involved it's always better because than there will be a bunch of he said she said after math , I say maybe write a little letter nothing too long just keep it simple don't beg or anything like that .
sillybunny84
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:59 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Relationship Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post