Our partner

Was it rape or did he think I gave him consent?

Open Discussions About Rape and Sexual Assault.

Was it rape or did he think I gave him consent?

Postby pillowcases » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:34 pm

So this happend not long ago and i personally feel disgusting about me not saying a straight out no when i pretty much always say whats on my mind but i kind off froze.
So i went to a party with a "friend" and i got pretty drunk but i remember most of it. He was really nice the whole night an i did not feel like he wanted to get with me or anything,I was going to sleep over at his place. So i cant really remember how it started but i do remember his hand forcing its way down on me and i remove it several times but he really didnt care and i also move my body away, then he proceeds do "get on me " and i push away his body then he gets on top of me again so i pushed him away from me again but he layed next to me and still tried to put it in me. I even squeezed my legs together wich made it hurt really bad and tried to stop him then i just layed there. I dont think he knew how i felt because he wrapped himself around me and fell asleep like we where snuggling even though i moved away from him, the problem is that i never said a word and i just layed there kinda and did not storm out.
I feel awful i really hate what happend but i dont know if i should tell anybody and maybe try to forget it, what if he just thought that i was teasing or something which i do find weird as i literally did push him of of me. But it would be really mean if i ruined his life and he thought i was in on it, ( im sorry for the horrible spelling)
pillowcases
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Was it rape or did he think I gave him consent?

Postby quietgirl2538 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:47 pm

Have you been able to talk through this with someone? If not, I'd suggest you share it with a trusted person. There are some websites you can look through in this post:

rape-sexual-assault/topic64147.html

Look through this forum of Rape and Sexual Assault and you will find some good information.

I think it was rape and I know from what you share and remember, there was no consent, whatsoever. I personally don't believe that he thought you had given consent. He knew you said no but he persisted over and over. Now it is bothering you a lot.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Bipolar I
ADD (inattentive kind)
*I take loads of meds, but they keep me stable
quietgirl2538
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:18 am
Blog: View Blog (141)

Re: Was it rape or did he think I gave him consent?

Postby quietgirl2538 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:45 pm

This is a really good link from Psychforums:

rape-sexual-assault/topic11700.html
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Bipolar I
ADD (inattentive kind)
*I take loads of meds, but they keep me stable
quietgirl2538
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:18 am
Blog: View Blog (141)