Our partner

Narcissists improving and being faithful in marriage with ag

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Narcissists improving and being faithful in marriage with ag

Postby narcwife11 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:23 pm

I grew up with an N mother who is mostly a cerebral narcissist. Though she's still very arrogant and haughty, difficult to connect with, she has become kinder and more thoughtful as she's gotten older especially in regards to how she treats my father. There has also never been issues of cheating in their marriage.

My N and I are reconciling after 3 years. He suffered greatly in that time period -- attempted suicide after I left him, spent some time in jail and eventually began therapy. He still has anger issues but seems much improved in other areas in his life and is more open to connecting emotionally in a vulnerable way.

If I look at my mom, Ns can become better spouses with age. I would like to get back together with my husband but don't know if he is simply love bombing and deceiving and hovering at this point. Input pleas. Thanks!
narcwife11
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Narcissists improving and being faithful in marriage with ag

Postby VioletAasA » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:31 am

Here are my thoughts.

It is not a coincidence that after having disordered mother you ended up with the disordered husband.
It is not my intention to be rude, but what I am trying to point out is that you perhaps have some traits (if not a full disorder) as well.

It may or may not be that your husband is working seriously on himself. If he is diagnose with NPD, the road to improvement is long and hard.

If he is serious and determined, the person that he lives with needs to be quite healthy in order for the relationship to eventually work.

So the question is - did you change after your marriage was over. If you didn't work on yourself-awareness, it may be pretty hard to go through relationship again.
VioletAasA
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post