Our partner

Regarding Sadistic People

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Terry E.

Regarding Sadistic People

Postby Kenneth » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:56 am

This has been bothering me for most of my life. Is anyone else sickened by sadistic people?

I run into them frequently. Ever since I was a child, I noticed that some kids were born enjoying other people's suffering. At one point, I saw this kid throwing glass bottles all over the playground and spraying random people with water. He really could have hurt someone, but his parents did nothing. He seemed to enjoy watching people get wet even if they did not want to. Then there's kids who torture insects as soon as they are able to walk and talk. This seven-year-old black kid once referred to me as, "Hey, ching chong chang."

When I was a teenager, this black kid pointed a laser pointer right into my eye. His friends thought he was hilarious, one of them commenting, "Yo, that #######2 be movin." In another incident in high school, a teacher told the class a story in which a man made a failed attempt to commit suicide and was locked up for being suicidal. One of the students, a white teenager, said, "Ha, ha," in a tone similar to Nelson from the Simpsons.

Unfortunately, this did influence me negatively. I too began laughing at other people's misery. It was not because I genuinely enjoyed it. It was because I thought it would make me look tough. It's a good thing I know as an adult that there's nothing cool about laughing at other people's misery. I wouldn't even laugh at my worst enemy even if he deserved it.

Then there's that incident in which a black girl was openly making fun of Asians and because I defended myself, I was removed from the class. I mentioned that about a year ago on this forum.

There's so much evil out there. Seemingly "good" people change when placed in unusual situations, like when they stand a chance to gain financial rewards at the expense of others, or when they sacrifice someone else's well-being for the sake of themselves. I'm starting to lose the will to fight for what I believe in because it seems like human beings in general suck. That, and I'm a loser.
Kenneth
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:08 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Regarding Sadistic People

Postby peasantgirl » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:19 pm

You're not a loser. People in general DO suck. You and I and many others might as well be aliens living on this planet. Even so-called "nice" people will bend the rules or do something passive-aggressive when it benefits them. I call #######4 on "normal" people; they just hide their crazy better than the rest of us.
peasantgirl
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:08 pm

Postby Opsycat » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:41 pm

Just ignore those people, they dont deserve it.
Opsycat
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby Machiavello » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:37 pm

I am not sick of sadistic people, I am more sick of those who thinks that are good -and are so egocentric and narcicist that are not capable to recognise that they are doing wrong-. Good intentions, bad -really bad- behaviours. Other people will defend them because they have 'good intentions'. A mistake that is never admited or solved, is unjustifiable. Intentions don't matter anymore.

Sadistic and evil people will always be sadistic and evil, they thoughts are sadistics and evil as their behaviours. There is no more.
Med free.
DID, residual schizophrenia, chronic PTSD.

ANP: DD (teen), Vergil (adult), Exmachina (inner helper and bridge between alters), Machiavello (child), Azrael (agressive protector, Exmachina's twin).
EP (all children): Vergil Jr., Ash, ???, DD Jr.
Machiavello
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby ORCuS » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:57 am

I do my best to avoid sadistic individuals like the plague. They usually have way too many issues that I can't handle on top of my own. I think the world would be a better place without them, but so far as I know no good way to handle that, definitively.
ORCuS
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:08 pm

Postby oreberry » Wed May 14, 2014 3:00 am

I feel the same way as you do about cruel and sadistic people. I wish we had all evolved beyond that. Many people believe superstitious realities (like religion) and are not intelligent enough to see a bigger picture. I think it is ignorance, having suffered abuse in their own lives, and just heightened anger at what they don't understand; poor parental example. Something I don't understand: TV shows like Mythbusters and American Guns, they make like something is so "cool" and laugh whenever they blow something up or fire a big gun. What is cool and awesome about that? :roll:
Zoloft 150 mg

Post-traumatic stress from child sex abuse (biological father) depression, small-vessel cerebrovascular disease with history of 3 strokes
oreberry
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)

Return to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post