Our partner

Is this enough to try and see a doctor (looking for opinions

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Terry E.

Is this enough to try and see a doctor (looking for opinions

Postby Matthew Kurtz » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:51 am

So I am new here, and am looking for opinions on whether or not to see a doctor about this...

I am 19 years old, and I am a pedo-hebephile. I am apart of several community groups to help deal with this, and cope with my feelings... which led to me explaining how I can sometimes "see" little girls at night, even though no one is there. A group member led me to this site, to which I am asking if these occurrences are enough for me to go on to see a doctor, or just let it pass and see.

I don't interact or talk to these girls (then again I never tried to). The realest situation I had was when both my brother and I were driving back from a night class (I was passenger). It was Winter, and it was dark out when we were about 5 minutes from getting home. I saw a little girl (about 8) wearing a pink sweater. This was around midnight, and freaked the hell out me, as she was just standing there in front of a bush. It scared me, and I sure scared the h*ll out of my brother by yelling out, and telling him to back up. I told him what I saw, but we did not see anything when we backed up. This was my first sighting, but now I see less prominent girls every now and then, always occurring at night, with the closest being about 8 feet away when I woke up one night

I have been going through a lot of both mental and physical problems regarding my feelings, which is why I think I am having these "hallucinations" for a lack of a better word.

Any opinions related to this would be appreciated - Matthew
Matthew Kurtz
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Is this enough to try and see a doctor (looking for opinions

Postby Matthew Kurtz » Wed May 04, 2016 9:19 pm

Even though I have not had any replies to this, I will give a small update:

I was talking with some people on other boards, and they suggested that rather than an early stage of schizophrenia its possible that it could a form of PTSD regarding my attractions. I think this seems more likely, as my visions started happening after I realized my attraction was more permanent than I previously thought. I was at an all male military high school, and now that I am in coed college being attracted to someone my own age happens sometimes, but its relatively rare. I think the thought of having it be PTSD is more comforting than thinking its schizophrenia, but I haven't gone to see anyone about it and wouldn't know.

Again, I wouldn't mind getting more opinions about this... I'm still trying to figure this out myself :)
Matthew Kurtz
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Is this enough to try and see a doctor (looking for opinions

Postby Terry E. » Sat May 14, 2016 3:35 am

I think you may have been given some misdirection.

PTSD - the most notable issues

Nightmares
Hyper Vigilance
Hyper arousal

this is PTSD. Basically these are your big three.

now low self esteem, lack of trust, depression can also be PTSD, but are also in many other disorders and sometime mental illness.

Think you may get better answers elsewhere
Terry E.
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:37 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post