Our partner

Newly Diagnosed

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Terry E.

Newly Diagnosed

Postby usmc_luv » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:50 pm

Hi,
I was recently diagnosed with PTSD from sexual abuse and emotional abuse. This is something I have had since I was probably about two years old, but I was never properly diagnosed. I had a meltdown which wound me in the hospital. They sent me to a behavioral clinic to treat me, and then because of my exceptional progress I was quickly released to go back home. I am now home trying to learn more about my disorder, so I can go back to school next semester feeling better. In doing this I decided to join this forum to meet people that can truly understand what I am going through. I am trying to find outlets for my own personal therapy, like writing and singing. I have a fiance who is in the Marines and he is stationed far from me. He is my best friend, but he is not always free to be there when I need him. This is why I have come to this forum. I welcome any friends, prayers, and advice.
Thank you.
usmc_luv
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:10 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Newly Diagnosed

Postby seabreezeblue » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:07 am

Hiya and welcome (:

It's great to see that you got through the meltdown nice and quickly.. those are awful when they happen and the clinic sounds like they were really helpful.

I have complex ptsd from childhood abuse - mainly emotional and physical but I've been sexually abused as well and really struggled with the affects of that as a teen and younger adult.
Now i struggle mainly with the after- effects of the emotional..

You're very welcome here - have a look through the resources links and everything.. feel free to join in with the threads and most of all.. keep reaching out and talking

xx
Shine me a light up
and i'll run round the moon..
seabreezeblue
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:10 am
Blog: View Blog (26)

Return to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views