Our partner

SUFFERING FROM PTSD- SEEKING ADVICE??

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Terry E.

SUFFERING FROM PTSD- SEEKING ADVICE??

Postby Miss Witch » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:11 am

I was raped twice by a male friend a few years ago and more recently had a male friend pin me to a bed so hard that I could not feel my hands, and my PTSD has been making every day life increasingly difficult. I'm still attending high school and I do not react well to loud noises, so upon a boy yelling for no particular reason today during lunch I was launched into the "fight or flight" state of mind... now, usually, I pick flight and retreat to my counselor's office until I can breathe steadily enough for the flashbacks to ease up// but today, I fought. I walked over to him and told him that he has no reason to be that loud and that it was completely unnecessary, and when he started to snicker I got mad and kicked his lunch tray across the hallway. This led to a long argument and my being called a "dumb slut" and a "bitch" before I was sent to lunch detention for my outburst. I was steady until the lunch bell rang, but upon getting to the counselor my actions dawned on me and I had a panic attack so severe that I threw up and had to leave school early. This is the first time I've had a violent outburst, but not the first that I've had to leave school due to my disorder. It's making it really hard to keep up with my schoolwork, and the added stress of possible failure is NOT helping. I don't know how to handle this. I'm too young to be this afraid of everything. Help???
Miss Witch
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:35 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: SUFFERING FROM PTSD- SEEKING ADVICE??

Postby salted lipstick » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:44 pm

Hi. I'm sorry to hear about everything you have been to and are currently struggling with.

Have you told your counsellor about your past rapes and the effects it is having on you now? Is she/he helping to give you some techniques to deal with flashbacks and strong emotions when you are in these types of situations?

It is very understandable that you are stressed by these feelings and the impact it is having on your school work. I think one thing that can be helpful is just to try to focus on what you can do in the present to try and help your situation.
In a way, I am not defined by my dissociation. In a way, I am.

FORMER admin moderator. For current list please see: forum rules and list of active mods
salted lipstick
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:05 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post