Our partner

fml epilim really?

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Terry E.

fml epilim really?

Postby SBBro » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:51 am

I'm 30 single only officially been diagnosed with ocd and gad. But I know i have high functioning autism, borderline pd and ptsd.

My ptsd is relationship, drug and doctor induced. Pretty much bpd is swept under the carpet in Australia until you present an acute lethal danger then they still don't dx you with anything.

I've had ptsd since 2005, I can't trust doctors anymore, had cancer misdiagnosed, botched surgery, was given #######5 advice that my autistic mind failed to interpret.

I'm ###$ because the ptsd is the medical professions fault so i can't get proper systematic treatment.

Anyway I'm on 150mg sertraline/zoloft. Switching from risperidone to olanzapine micro dose in phases of environmental stress for bpd.

And now I need a mood stabalizer because after i get message therapy I become so depressed i get extremely paranoid.

My doctor says I have a thought disorder, I think I have a mood disorder. Unless ptsd is a thought disorder?
I'm not impulsive just illogical.

I don't want to work until this $#%^ is treated, work is just a distraction.

So anyway anyone else get depressed after massage therapy? Can anyone recommend something for severe mood swings?
Epilim worries me because of hair loss and weight gain.
2012 "just anxiety"
2013 inpatient 'suicidality, MDD etc
2014 "youve been diagnosed with everything under the sun"
BPD
Current meds: Zoloft 25mg
SBBro
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:59 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: fml epilim really?

Postby seabreezeblue » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:34 am

Please don't worry too much about hair loss or weight gain.. these side effects aren't really that common so wait and see if you get them..
I briefly mentioned this in your other thread but I was on epilim myself for many years and i didn't get any weight gain or hair loss..
Try and trust your doctors.. I know it's really difficult to do that but weight gain and hair loss can't hurt you and the symptoms will clear up if you stop taking it xx

I'll ask here as well.. why do you think you have high functioning autism..?

My doctor says I have a thought disorder, I think I have a mood disorder. Unless ptsd is a thought disorder?
I'm not impulsive just illogical.

One of the symptoms of ptsd is indeed a pattern of disordered thinking..

However;
you sound like you've made up your mind that you can't trust the doctors so you've stopped listening to them and have decided that you know best.. absolutely understandable but exercise caution with this please because otherwise you may be rejecting an explanation/diagnosis that does fit you purely because you won't place your thoughts to one side for a moment and take a proper look at the ones from the doctors..

Have a try with the epilim and see what you think of it after you've been taking it for a while.. if it doesn't suit you then work with your docs to find one that suits you better.
Shine me a light up
and i'll run round the moon..
seabreezeblue
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:59 am
Blog: View Blog (26)

Postby SBBro » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:01 pm

Okay thanks I just think he is putting my family before me. My sister has npd and my brother has aspd so I am just questioning who this medication is for.

My current environment is trigger free, i only become disordered when I get triggered.

Sure I shouldn't be on lamictal or topamax? Epilim seems very invasive to me.

Fml I go away to see my girlfriend soon.
2012 "just anxiety"
BPD
SBBro
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby SBBro » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:28 pm

Why not lyrica? Why not endone?

If my prolactin comes back high then what?
2012 "just anxiety"
BPD
SBBro
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby salted lipstick » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:43 pm

SBBro wrote:Pretty much bpd is swept under the carpet in Australia until you present an acute lethal danger then they still don't dx you with anything.
I'm not sure what doctors you are visiting that you are under this impression that BPD is swept under the rug, but BPD is so well acknowledged here in Australia that there is a special medicare code in order to get more intensive psychiatric treatment for it... Most of the therapists I have visited have acknowledged their awareness of BPD (I think this might be one thing they consider ruling out when they meet me- maybe I have some sort of factors that make them think of BPD before deciding to rule it out). So I'd definitely be inclined to urge you to review your view that BPD is swept under the rug in Australia. It is a well acknowledged and well-understood diagnosis in this country. You could always seek out a professional who you knew was reputable in treating BPD to give you a second opinion on your diagnosis if you wanted to be more sure.

I also think that it sounds like you might have made up your mind that you can't trust doctors, which seems understandable given your previous experience. Maybe you might consider following their treatment advice for a while and listening to what they think and see if after a while you are feeling any benefit from following their advice. If you are not, this later time might be appropriate for you to discuss your concerns with your doctors about your treatment. If then you work through the problem together and find no workable solution, this could be the time to consider getting a second opinion.

What PTSD symptoms are you experiencing?
In a way, I am not defined by my dissociation. In a way, I am.

FORMER admin moderator. For current list please see: forum rules and list of active mods
salted lipstick
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:29 pm

Postby SBBro » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:35 pm

Hyper arousal, thousand yard stare, dissociated, thought disorder.

Seriously wtf is going on, I booked myself in to dbt it's on my hospital record, I'm even getting a social worker!

I even enrolled myself in to a study for bpd.

Because I'm male with no job and a criminal record they just wanna treat symptoms. I'm very confused why I can't get a diagnosis to work with.

Right now I'm told:
Anxiety
Thought disorder

I pay $300 an hour for a very good shrink and still no label. I must have shockingly terrible impersonal skills, probably presumed rapist which I'm not.

He actually diagnosed me with schizophrenia and was sympathetic saying don't let the label define you and then brushed off my cluster b declaration.

Now it's like I'm in psychiatric palliative care "you've been given every diagnosis under the sun, how about we just treat symptoms".

I feel like a basket case.

He is good I just feel victim to sexual discrimination.
Female, poor girl. Male + criminal record presumed predator.

I seriously hate this culture. I never even got an odd or adhd dx as a kid now I have cptsd.

What planet are you on because i don't think we are talking about the same Australia.
2012 "just anxiety"
BPD
SBBro
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby SBBro » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:53 pm

Forgot to mention, I called up the dbt place and they said not everyone knows why they are there.

I never knew it was group therapy.
I was treated like absolute $#%^ by the hospital when I was unwell and now i have all this misplaced guilt that they ingrained while i was psychotic from mdd.

Anyway I'm nervous as ###$ about group therapy because i almost died to be recommended it and so I'm picturing a room full of prostitutes and ex jail inmates.

So yeah nice site I'm from Earth btw, or should i say Mars and you would be from Venus.
2012 "just anxiety"
BPD
SBBro
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby seabreezeblue » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:04 pm

It sounds like although you and salted lipstick are from the same country, you have very very different experiences.

I ask that you please be respectful and watch your trigger points if you disagree with someone.
If you feel yourself getting triggered over something then please give yourself a few minutes of space before responding.

I will agree with you SBBro that there is a distinct gender bias with who gets the labels of BPD and NPD but please work with your doctors a little while longer.
although group DBT may seem like it's not right for you, you may be pleasantly surprised by who is in the group and might even find that you make some friends through it that you relate to.

I'm actually hoping to go into group therapy myself at some point soon.. i'm seriously nervous but one thing i will say is that the people who make their way into therapy are usually very committed to healing.. this means that no matter where they've come from or what lifestyle they once had; they are there for the same reasons as you.. simply to start healing.
Shine me a light up
and i'll run round the moon..
seabreezeblue
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:59 am
Blog: View Blog (26)

Postby SBBro » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:25 pm

Thanks. This thread didn't trigger me, nothing on the internet does, I'm coming off risperidone and just venting.

It's recommended we don't make friends at dbt. I promised myself I would not associate with other cluster b people anymore.

Yes it's true males tend to get npd dx and females bpd even though that's completely wrong.
Psychology is such weak science I can't believe the way it's structured, I saw a highly respected psychologist for over a year and he blamed me for not seeing a shrink, they seriously expect crazy people to just know instinctively that they are crazy. And the irony is that he made it a thing to keep reassuring me all i had was ocd and gad. He was trying to get me to get a job despite me having so many issues, anyway turned out he has ocpd.
2012 "just anxiety"
BPD
SBBro
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby SBBro » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:49 am

Thank ###$, so I don't need epilim.

My shrink said I'm not autistic, I have slight adhd. And we both agree I have bipolar elements. I'm prone to paranoia on stimulants.

So I'm starting abilify which I'm excited about, and no need to be an inpatient.

We are gonna decide on a dx and I think bipolar is best (cough borderline).
2012 "just anxiety"
BPD
SBBro
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum