Our partner

Insight

Personality Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Insight

Postby Mememe » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:06 pm

When reading about some PDs, I find that a lack of insight or self-awareness is one of the diagnostic criteria. For example:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... tml?cat=72

But, what of the person who has a disorder and has insight? I very much fall into this category. In order to function in society, I have developed a habit of masking the features of my disorder. The habit is sometimes so good that, when I read these articles, I sometimes struggle to recognise the disorder in myself!
Mememe
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Chucky » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:12 am

Mememe, I believe that many of us are 'guilty' of masking our own problems in order to fit into society. Let's face it, if you want to make it anywhere in this world, you will have to interact with society to some degree. In fact, I'll go so far as to say that EVERYONE masks their weaknesses, but some much more so than others. It's like we are all trying to find a common agreement as to how one should act in society, but none of us actually naturally behave in this agreed manner.
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Personality Disorder NOS