Our partner

Why are so many men attracted to preteens?

Paraphilias message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: WichitaLineman

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of a sexual nature, some of which are explicit. The topics discussed may be offensive to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

This forum is intended to be a place where people can support each other in finding healing and healthy ways of functioning. Discussions that promote illegal activity will not be tolerated. Please note that this forum is moderated, and people who are found to be using this forum for inappropriate purposes will be banned. Psychforums works hard to ensure that this forum is law abiding. Moderators will report evidence of illegal activity to the police.

Re: Why are so many men attracted to preteens?

Postby Partridge » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:19 pm

I would describe myself as attracted to females from a young age (6-8) up through puberty and into adulthood (>40). I find girls to be most attractive from around 8-14. I think. It depends on the individual. And different girls are sexy in different ways at different ages. What I find sexy about a 9-year-old is different to what I find sexy about a 20-year-old.

I also struggle with the idea of penetration and stuff like that when it comes to really young girls. Once they hit puberty and are sexually aware, then my fantasies become more sexually explicit, but below that age I can't really (even in fantasy) muster an image of something that would hurt them, or make them cry. It doesn't work like that. I've know about my attraction for a long, long time (I'm in my mid 30s), and yet still I don't know how I would act on it if it were legal and not harmful. I just don't know! So, in short, I think it's possible to be a paedophile and not necessarily want sex. I have the attraction, for sure, but I've no idea how it would be expressed or acted on were that a benign and legal possibility.
Partridge
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:32 pm
Local time: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Why are so many men attracted to preteens?

Postby revolutionex » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:46 pm

Interesting study, but one that I would have to say is irrelevant, at least where the spectrum of human behavior is concerned. As most of us here who identify as minor-attracted can attest, it is not the attraction which makes the person, but what actions we may or may not take based on it. Sure, many heterosexual men will claim that they're not attracted to preteen and teenage girls, but that's simply denial based on societal constraints. Were there no stigma attached to simple attraction itself, I'm sure more people wouldn't be so afraid to admit it.

Unfortunately in modern day society, most people conflate feelings with actions. If you admit you're attracted to young boys or girls, get ready to be clubbed half to death, even if you haven't actually done anything wrong.

But think about all the other taboo sexual things that used to be so bad to fantasize about. BDSM is fast becoming more socially acceptable within the realm of sexual fantasy, especially given the popularity of 50 Shades Of Grey. Granted that it's not an illegal sexual act so long as it's consensual, but the fantasy itself is what gets people off. The same can be said for pedophilia, albeit the fact that there are less outlets, but that's also because it's much more socially taboo.

If something could be constructed in reality that still appeals to the fantasy itself, and for example if things such as shotacon, lolicon, and other such pornographic art forms which cater to the fantasy were not illegal in the countries that currently ban them...I think things could be made easier for minor-attracted people, and then society might become more comfortable with the fantasy itself.

Of course it's a more troubling idea to cater to, but again, that's mostly because much of society still thinks attractions will 100% influence a person's behavior, and it's simply not the case. If I had actually beat the crap out of somebody every time I fantasized about it, I'd be in solitary confinement. It's just an extremely poor misjudgment on the part of society to blindly close themselves off from the facts. The question of "would you trust someone who has pedophilic thoughts" is almost a universal NO, and sadly, people would rather shut their ears than engage in thoughtful discussion and have a two-way dialogue about these issues, and so long as they do that, things won't get solved.

People will be fearful of judgment based on their thoughts alone, they won't talk, and desperation will lead them down the dark path of acting on their attractions because they don't feel free to release them in any way.

That's not to say the study is completely irrelevant, but if the results are based on attraction and not behavior--which much of society condemns anyway--the only use they will serve is that of making everyone more paranoid because they will read the results without fully understanding them.
If you love a flower, don't pick it up. Because if you pick it up, it dies, and it ceases to be what you love. So if you love a flower, let it be. Love is not about possession. Love is about appreciation. - Osho
User avatar
revolutionex
Consumer 5
Consumer 5
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:57 am
Local time: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Why are so many men attracted to preteens?

Postby LivingSoul » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:23 pm

revolutionex wrote:But think about all the other taboo sexual things that used to be so bad to fantasize about. BDSM is fast becoming more socially acceptable within the realm of sexual fantasy, especially given the popularity of 50 Shades Of Grey. Granted that it's not an illegal sexual act so long as it's consensual, but the fantasy itself is what gets people off. The same can be said for pedophilia, albeit the fact that there are less outlets, but that's also because it's much more socially taboo.

No no no no no. For me this is a shocking analogy that doesn't ring true. BDSM is about power and pain; pedophilia is about gentleness and sweetness. BDSM is an expression of perversion and mental illness: BDSM is capitalopatriarchy -- pedophilia is a natural loving expression: pedophilia is a return to non-hierarchical pre-market & family-unit alloparenting-polysexual communalism.
User avatar
LivingSoul
Consumer 4
Consumer 4
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:45 am
Local time: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Why are so many men attracted to preteens?

Postby Kabuhi » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:39 am

The truth is that society's age of consent laws are somewhat arbitrary. A woman reaches starts menstruating at around age 11 or 12, so it's not all that surprising that men would physically respond to girls around that age. I imagine that there would be less reported cases of arousal for the younger age groups, say 3-5 years old or 8-10 years old.

That said, society's age of consent laws are there and are there for a reason, namely to avoid the abuse of children. Biological programming doesn't care about whether or not something is good for another person's physical and psychological well-being.
Serving healthy doses of truth since 1996.
User avatar
Kabuhi
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:56 am
Local time: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Why are so many men attracted to preteens?

Postby Kabuhi » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:50 am

revolutionex wrote:Interesting study, but one that I would have to say is irrelevant, at least where the spectrum of human behavior is concerned. As most of us here who identify as minor-attracted can attest, it is not the attraction which makes the person, but what actions we may or may not take based on it. Sure, many heterosexual men will claim that they're not attracted to preteen and teenage girls, but that's simply denial based on societal constraints. Were there no stigma attached to simple attraction itself, I'm sure more people wouldn't be so afraid to admit it.


My sentiments, exactly.
Serving healthy doses of truth since 1996.
User avatar
Kabuhi
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:56 am
Local time: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Why are so many men attracted to preteens?

Postby LivingSoul » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:46 am

Kabuhi wrote:The truth is that society's age of consent laws are somewhat arbitrary. A woman reaches starts menstruating at around age 11 or 12, so it's not all that surprising that men would physically respond to girls around that age. I imagine that there would be less reported cases of arousal for the younger age groups, say 3-5 years old or 8-10 years old.

I actually doubt the last sentence; penile plethysmography seems to corroborate my hunch. The reasons I guess for this mass pedo-love are at the moment four.

- Pre-tribal life was a non-stop polysexual orgy; as with Bonobos, this was an important way of building bonding in the pre-tribe.

- As you say, humans become fertile around eight to twelve, and start to mate.

- This is taboo to say, but sex expression is in itself not harmful, even between adults and kids, this attraction of males especially to children is what motivated enculturation: affecting tool making, complex culture and arts and religion.

- Marriage was definitely not always the standard way humans have organized, but coupling was sometimes; and since humans live many years and mature slowly, mates were likely sometimes pre-selected from very young age, and this is why males would be attracted to small girls, as future "wives".
User avatar
LivingSoul
Consumer 4
Consumer 4
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:45 am
Local time: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Why are so many men attracted to preteens?

Postby bittersweetx3 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:52 am

Personally I don't know but I think somehow it is related to them being virgins mostly and being "pure" as most are just experiencing puberty. That's my take on it.
Borderline Personality
Obsessive Compulsive Tendencies
[Not Medicated]


"She slept with wolves without fear, for the wolves knew a lion was among them - R.M. Drake."
User avatar
bittersweetx3
Consumer 5
Consumer 5
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:21 pm
Local time: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:24 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Why are so many men attracted to preteens?

Postby Randomnosity » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:09 am

If this is true, I'm not surprised actually.

-- Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:11 am --

Blben wrote:Wow one study at Kent University represents 90% of men in the world? WOW

Oh my god I can't even respond to this without laughing my butt off!


Obviously one can't study the whole populations directly. That's why there's this thing called sampling.

It's Statistics 101, I think.
Randomnosity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:56 pm
Local time: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Why are so many men attracted to preteens?

Postby revolutionex » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:34 am

BDSM is about power and pain; pedophilia is about gentleness and sweetness. BDSM is an expression of perversion and mental illness: BDSM is capitalopatriarchy -- pedophilia is a natural loving expression: pedophilia is a return to non-hierarchical pre-market & family-unit alloparenting-polysexual communalism.


I know that, I wasn't intending to compare BDSM to pedophilia on that level. What I was pointing out is that BDSM is a taboo fantasy, and so is pedophilia. Earlier cultures and societies were very suppressive of BDSM, and pedophilia is also suppressed in much the same manner. People don't are too scared to talk about it, and when you do hear it mentioned, it's either in a joking manner or in one that's meant to incite rage. Few people in the general public talk about it in a rational manner because they don't know the difference between a child molester and a pedophile.

Same goes for my attractions, I don't even know what to call it anymore, but to the general public it would be pedophilia and that's pretty much the same category that I (uncomfortably, I might add) lump myself into on these forums because even fewer people are aware of the terms "hebephilia" or "ephebophilia" but I associate myself with both because I'm attracted to teenage boys from the onset of puberty on up to older teens and up to my own age (I'm 26).

God, this mumbo-jumbo is such a mind trip sometimes! :D

And I've really no idea what I would term myself and in some ways it doesn't matter because I don't feel I quite share the anxiety I find on these forums anymore. There's more solace, I find, in seeking my spiritual self and not obsessing over anything. Obsession is one of the major plights of the 21st century because many of us have lost touch with our inner souls and want to connect with something. Worry only damages your body and sets off bad biochemical reactions. And much as we want to feel unique and use various terminology, I don't think it matters. Worry and stress are universal, just as in Buddhism, suffering is universal. But it can be overcome.

And I totally made this about something completely different, so I'm done rambling lol.

Anyway, my point was that everyone else has their fetishes and fantasies and most others can be legally catered to by various means, so why not pedophilia? Shotacon is illegal in many different countries...countries that also happen to have an abundance of child molestation problems. Japan has much fewer incidents compared to the rest of the civilized world.
If you love a flower, don't pick it up. Because if you pick it up, it dies, and it ceases to be what you love. So if you love a flower, let it be. Love is not about possession. Love is about appreciation. - Osho
User avatar
revolutionex
Consumer 5
Consumer 5
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:57 am
Local time: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Why are so many men attracted to preteens?

Postby babel over » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:52 am

Partridge wrote:I would describe myself as attracted to females from a young age (6-8) up through puberty and into adulthood ... I find girls to be most attractive from around 8-14. ... depends on the individual. And different girls are sexy in different ways at different ages. What I find sexy about a 9-year-old is different to what I find sexy about a 20-year-old. :D

I also struggle with the idea of penetration and stuff like that when it comes to really young girls.


I don't! I love my fantasies.

Partridge wrote: I've know about my attraction for a long, long time (I'm in my mid 30s), and yet still I don't know how I would act on it if it were legal and not harmful. I just don't know! So, in short, I think it's possible to be a paedophile and not necessarily want sex. I have the attraction, for sure, but I've no idea how it would be expressed or acted on were that a benign and legal possibility.


I know that I would be sexually active.
babel over
Consumer 0
Consumer 0
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:31 am
Local time: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

PreviousNext

Return to Paraphilias Forum




  • Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BlackStrat, Dita, Martin1932, warforged, xfa and 103 guests

cron